Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

KOZMIC Tuned GTX3582r 08 Evo X MR

Old Oct 16, 2013, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking KOZMIC Tuned GTX3582r 08 Evo X MR

KOZMIC TUNED GTX3582R 08 Evo X MR

So after about a year of running an EF2, I decided to pull the trigger on ATP’s stock location GTX3582R. There haven’t been many results posted with these turbo setups so I thought I’d share mine. Here’s a list of mods currently on the car.

2008 AS Evo X MR (daily driven on 93 octane)
63K+ miles on stock block and clutches (stock timing chain too.)
ATP GTX3582R
ETS 4” intercooler
UR UICP
Walbro 255 fuel pump
FIC 1100 injectors (hardwired)
AEM intake with “custom” ATP 3” inlet pipe
AEM digital boost and AFR guages
GSC S2 Cams
GSC Beehive Springs and Ti Retainers
MAP H11 Head Studs
MAP Long Runner Exhaust Mani (Ti wrapped)
AMS Downpipe (Ti Wrapped)
Buschur True Dual SS Exhaust (no cat, resonator only)
Synapse BPV
Grimmspeed EBC
Enkei RPF1 18 x 9.5
Hankook Ventus V12 255/35/18
GTWorks Tarmac springs
SSP Transmission cooler
SSP Undertray
FID Billet FMM
TS Exhaust hanger kit
Kozmic Catch Can
Kozmic Cam Angle Sensor Shield
Kozmic custom tune

The GTX3582r

Name:  IMG_2027.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  107.0 KB

Shortly after the turbo arrived, I discovered that ATP’s turbo inlet made contact with the SST housing. Apparently I was the first person to contact them about this problem so those with SST’s take note!

Name:  IMG_2043.jpg
Size:  55.4 KB

Engine bay after install of cams, valvesprings & retainers, as well as wrapping long runner.

Name:  IMG_2476.jpg
Size:  220.3 KB

Sounds of the beastly idle after bringing her home.

http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Elk...50MOV.mp4.html

I’d like to thank all the guys at Kozmic (Eric, David, Onix, and Chris) for the outstanding work they’ve done on my car since day one. I must admit that I was a bit disappointed with my numbers after my EF2 tune. It seems everyone was making around 400whp with minor bolt ons. I didn’t make anywhere near those numbers on their mustang dyno but the time slips don’t lie. If you’re looking for “feel good” numbers you won’t find them on their dyno. If you’re looking for a carefully thought out and well executed tune that produces power, maintains drivability as well as real world results, you can’t go wrong with Eric at Kozmic.

Name:  IMG_2520.jpg
Size:  87.5 KB

I took their advice and decided to hold off on the tune until getting cams, springs, head studs, and the MAP long runner. The wait was well worth it. I scored an awesome deal on this...

and this...

Name:  IMG_2472.jpg
Size:  69.5 KB

The torque had to be lowered from the original target of 350ftlbs due to the clutches being so worn down. Clamp pressure had to be ramped all the way up but the shifts are fast, crisp, and BRUTAL in S-Sport mode (because racecar). I’ll definitely be upgrading the clutch packs and seals once their new “magic packs” arrive.

Compared with the EF2, the lag is definitely noticeable but not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. It’s still quite responsive and is a BEAST once it hits full boost. It’s worth noting my highway MPG slightly improved. It’s been a blast to drive so far and sounds absolutely INSANE at WOT. I’m looking forward to seeing what this setup can do on a built block and some corn juice.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 09:07 PM
Evolving Member

Awesome bud!! Bet the car feels beast!

Mine should be done next week. BTW my wallet hates you, after seeing your car I was forced to pull the trigger on the 3582 myself... Ugh... lol
Old Oct 16, 2013, 09:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks like a great build and a fun car
Old Oct 17, 2013, 08:15 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mendo
Awesome bud!! Bet the car feels beast!

Mine should be done next week. BTW my wallet hates you, after seeing your car I was forced to pull the trigger on the 3582 myself... Ugh... lol
My condolences to your raped wallet. I'm still recovering from the soreness myself... time for those clutch packs! Can't wait to see how they perform at the Texas Mile.. You coming out?
Old Oct 17, 2013, 08:30 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by NY Black momba
looks like a great build and a fun car
It's been tons of fun so far terrorizing the streets of "northern Mexico". Can't wait to head out to a PCA HPDE and see how this setup peforms... Need a few more upgrades before I can do that. Expect a full review as well as some epic video once I get her back on the track!

Old Oct 17, 2013, 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Leviathon97
My condolences to your raped wallet. I'm still recovering from the soreness myself... time for those clutch packs! Can't wait to see how they perform at the Texas Mile.. You coming out?
Yup I'm on board for the pack Not sure yet, I'm gona see if I can pick up the car next Friday but I think they will be at the Mile. You going out there?
Old Oct 17, 2013, 02:26 PM

Great dyno. Thanks for posting.

Do you have any time slips? Before or after.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 04:58 PM

Here's a timeslip i found of a 12.4s run with the EF2.. i know i had a 12.3 once but I can't find it. This was on a road course tune at 26psi. I'm hoping to take it out to the drag strip tomorrow and see if i can get at least one good launch.

Name:  IMG_8329.jpg
Size:  80.3 KB

Last edited by Leviathon97; Oct 29, 2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 09:15 PM
Evolving Member

^^^ damn son how where you cutting 1.8 60ft with the EF2? Best 60ft I could get out of the FP Green was a 2.0... I'll blame it on the track prep, SAR has ****ty prep lol
Old Oct 17, 2013, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mendo
^^^ damn son how where you cutting 1.8 60ft with the EF2? Best 60ft I could get out of the FP Green was a 2.0... I'll blame it on the track prep, SAR has ****ty prep lol
I have no idea.. S-Sport Auto, ASC was OFF OFF, snow mode, launch control seemed to be pretty consistent.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 08:26 AM

Here's a timeslip i found of a 12.4s run with the EF2.. i know i had a 12.3 once but I can't find it. This was on a road course tune at 26psi. I'm hoping to take it out to the drag strip tomorrow and see if i can get at least one good launch.
Nice slip! I hope to be around there with my GTX3071.

I have no idea.. S-Sport Auto, ASC was OFF OFF, snow mode, launch control seemed to be pretty consistent.
Any issues with boost in 1st gear or hitting the rev limiter in Auto?
Old Oct 18, 2013, 08:49 AM

Amazing love to see GTX3582r setups!
Old Oct 18, 2013, 08:19 PM

this is inspirations for MR owners and I'm one of them.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 08:24 AM

Looks awesome just got my car back from kozmic's! Their dyno is upsetting but awesome numbers man!
Old Oct 21, 2013, 10:18 AM

I can tell you my numbers are good enough to be neck and neck with a 2010 GTR with exhaust and Cobb OTS tune. My clutches are totally fried.. 2.5 60ft times at the dragstrip this past Friday. With new clutches I can get that torque to go flat instead of tapering off and maybe get a few more ponies up top. I haz vids but can't post them here without getting the ban hammer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: KOZMIC Tuned GTX3582r 08 Evo X MR