Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

419 stock turbo upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2014, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
419 stock turbo upgrade

been lurking here for a while. thought I post up my results

- TSM (topspeed motorsports) turbo upgrade (equals FP green is what they told me)
- Synapse Diverter valve
- Sakura performance turbo manifold
- ETS intake
- ETS 3.5 " intercooler
- ETS intercooler piping wrinkle black
- DW 65c fuel pump
- DW 1000cc injectors
- AMS wide mouth downpipe
- UR racing TP
- ARK design single exhaust
- Topspeed tune. 419hp and 334tq on 23lbs.

Old Aug 27, 2014, 12:51 AM
Evolving Member

some stupid questions...

fuel type? e85 or 93oct?
419 whp? or crank?
psi?

Michael.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 02:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by maikcat
some stupid questions...

fuel type? e85 or 93oct?
419 whp? or crank?
psi?

Michael.
don't quote me on this but i believe dynos read whp. I remember reading it somewhere.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 06:02 AM

I've been working with these guys and gonna have them do my turbo upgrade. What turbo is that? Are you saying they rebuilt it or sent it off? Were you exceptionally happy with Topspeed?
Old Aug 27, 2014, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by maikcat
some stupid questions...

fuel type? e85 or 93oct?
419 whp? or crank?
psi?

Michael.
sorry I fogot to add that. 93 oct. 419 wheel hp. its on 23lbs.

Originally Posted by Evosmokedyou
I've been working with these guys and gonna have them do my turbo upgrade. What turbo is that? Are you saying they rebuilt it or sent it off? Were you exceptionally happy with Topspeed?
the turbo is a stock frame evo x turbo. topspeed sent the turbo off to their turbo shop they use. they had the hot and cold side modified by machining them. they put bigger wheels on It to. they actually didn't hit the number they were hoping for. they were looking closer to 450hp on the 23lbs. I was at 419. don't get me wrong its a awesome turbo but getting a FP turbo prob be more worth it. but I saved a lot of money by doing it this way. I think I paid 900 for the modification. they say it was suppose to rival and equal to the FP red but its more like less aggressive FP green.

topspeed is top notch. they are amazingly fantastic about how they work on cars and above and beyond on tuning. doug is astounding. I would highly highly recommend if your in the southeast.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by whatever210
sorry I fogot to add that. 93 oct. 419 wheel hp. its on 23lbs.

the turbo is a stock frame evo x turbo. topspeed sent the turbo off to their turbo shop they use. they had the hot and cold side modified by machining them. they put bigger wheels on It to. they actually didn't hit the number they were hoping for. they were looking closer to 450hp on the 23lbs. I was at 419. don't get me wrong its a awesome turbo but getting a FP turbo prob be more worth it. but I saved a lot of money by doing it this way. I think I paid 900 for the modification. they say it was suppose to rival and equal to the FP red but its more like less aggressive FP green.

topspeed is top notch. they are amazingly fantastic about how they work on cars and above and beyond on tuning. doug is astounding. I would highly highly recommend if your in the southeast.
That's not bad for a turbo equivalent to a green, especially on only 23psi. Why only 23psi on 93? You maybe could have achieved higher numbers with 25psi. I'm glad you had a good experience with them. They seem like they keep the torque low which is awesome. I'm in Birmingham, so I'll be seeing them in the next few months Now, how does it drive?!
Old Dec 30, 2014, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Evosmokedyou
That's not bad for a turbo equivalent to a green, especially on only 23psi. Why only 23psi on 93? You maybe could have achieved higher numbers with 25psi. I'm glad you had a good experience with them. They seem like they keep the torque low which is awesome. I'm in Birmingham, so I'll be seeing them in the next few months Now, how does it drive?!
it was tuned for road racing. they didn't want to over work the turbo. road racing you need longevity since your full throttle most the time. 20hp difference isn't gunna matter much here a road Atlanta. I don't road race tho. I just do some autox now. I may get a retune and up it a little but I like what I have now. yes I wanted them to keep the tq low so It would last forever like this. if my genesis could take 380tq without forged internals im sure the evo x can do the same but like I said we were shooting for longevity.

I like how it drives. its not as fast as stock spool but pretty damn close. by 600 rpms maybe difference. but it doesn't fall on its face on top end like the stock one did. I love it.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 06:05 PM

nice power
Old Mar 4, 2015, 02:59 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Only 23lbs and on 93oct= 419whp??

Am I missing something, is the boost to low for that whp?

Last edited by MR. EVO MR; Mar 4, 2015 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Spell
Old Mar 5, 2015, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Im looking to do about the same mods with different parts. How is your gas mileage? Idk why that really worries me but its my everyday car.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 06:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Thats actually good power at that psi. What wheels did they use on the turbo?