Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

2013 GSR, Boostin Performance tuned. Baseline to MHI 18k

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2015, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NeedBoost!
Thanks. Definitely have some questions for them based on that. Doesn't specify fuel used but have to assume it's the same ACN91. Also they are getting more boost than I did when they did my baseline - my stock turbo peaked at ~19psi. Looks like they did the run more than 2 years ago and it's the only baseline tune for the GSR they have in the database (no other years show a baseline from what I can find).

Thanks, now I'm going to have to get all angry customer with them the next time I run by to chat.

I stand by my initial concern about the tq curve for OP even if Cobb is revealed to be a shady dyno tuner. 4300rpm is too laggy for this turbo unless he's running a stock or poor quality O2 housing and it just can't exhale properly.
I'm running an ETS DP, HFC and CB (I know you were asking about that before). I'll post the dyno tomorrow. Appreciate all the back and forth discussion....definitely informational for all
Old Jun 18, 2015, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Prosdoc
I'm running an ETS DP, HFC and CB (I know you were asking about that before). I'll post the dyno tomorrow. Appreciate all the back and forth discussion....definitely informational for all
I wonder if this is the issue. Are you concerned about emissions? Have you considered going straight TP?
Old Jun 18, 2015, 11:28 AM

I wonder if this is the issue. Are you concerned about emissions? Have you considered going straight TP?
I'm concerned about emissions here in IL and more importantly, it's my DD and I drive my 3 boys around in it. I'm not interested in smelling gas in the car or the other issues just to squeeze a few more HPs.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 02:42 PM

You are holding those ponies back with that HFC
Old Jun 18, 2015, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by evoxsteez
You are holding those ponies back with that HFC
I know....hopefully not too many though

By the way, just an interesting tidbit about Cobb SoCals dyno
See BakaUnchi's post halfway down stating that their dyno reads like a dynojet
http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/sho...tage+dyno+test

Last edited by Prosdoc; Jun 18, 2015 at 02:55 PM.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 03:15 PM
Evolving Member

Right and then he said all Cobb dynos do the same thing - read like dynojets - and then was proven wrong.

I don't know man. I feel like the dyno market is becoming like WebMD - apparently no matter where you go or what you do, you will always end up with a bs, pointless, fatal final number according to someone.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 03:56 PM

Right and then he said all Cobb dynos do the same thing - read like dynojets - and then was proven wrong.

I don't know man. I feel like the dyno market is becoming like WebMD - apparently no matter where you go or what you do, you will always end up with a bs, pointless, fatal final number according to someone.
All the more reason to focus on the changes rather than the final numbers
Old Jun 18, 2015, 04:30 PM

Quarter mile times/trap speed guys!
Old Jun 19, 2015, 04:12 PM

Got the Evo back today. Car feels much stronger with the E85 tune compared to the 93. Traffic was really bad but the few times I was able to go WOT, it felt really good. Catch point on new Competition stage 3 clutch is pretty different from stock so that will take a little getting used to. Here's the Dyno (keep in mind that the E85 I brought was tested to be E70, and was mixed with some E98 for a net of E78)

389whp/352wtrq, for an net gain of 37whp/26wtrq over the 93 tune

Last edited by Prosdoc; Jun 19, 2015 at 04:57 PM.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 06:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man, I was hoping you would pick up more. Considering just the 3 psi increase in boost is accounting for some of that 37/26 increase, it doesn't seem like just the fuel swap got you a lot. I've read (dangerous, I know) that on a stockish turbo each psi can translate into ~7hp. As others said, perhaps the HFC is holding you back. And as long as it feels good to you that is all that matters! I'm not doubting BP, as they have an awesome team, was just thinking E85 would be in the 50+ hp/tq increase range.

I'm looking at that clutch when mine needs replacing. We should meet up sometime. I'll be in the area all day June 29th.
Old Jun 20, 2015, 07:26 PM

I'm waiting on the overlay dynograph comparing E85 and 93. My guess is that while the peak numbers have "only" changed 37/26, the total area under the curve is where the real change happens. I'll PM you about June 29
Old Aug 1, 2015, 03:28 PM

I think that the HFC might be making a significant difference. But like what others said, every dyno is different. How is the Comp stg 3 holding up with the MHI? I have the that clutch and awaiting my MHI install and curious how it's all feeling together. Thanks!
Old Aug 2, 2015, 06:57 AM

It seems great so far, really no issues. No issues whatsoever handling the power. The main difference is that he catch point is much lower towards the floor and it seems to need a bit more throttle input. I'm used to the stocker having a much higher catch point so if I let off now without enough throttle, the car will shake a bit. I have to retrain my feet

Originally Posted by Evosmokedyou
I think that the HFC might be making a significant difference. But like what others said, every dyno is different. How is the Comp stg 3 holding up with the MHI? I have the that clutch and awaiting my MHI install and curious how it's all feeling together. Thanks!
Old Aug 3, 2015, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Prosdoc
It seems great so far, really no issues. No issues whatsoever handling the power. The main difference is that he catch point is much lower towards the floor and it seems to need a bit more throttle input. I'm used to the stocker having a much higher catch point so if I let off now without enough throttle, the car will shake a bit. I have to retrain my feet
Yea that's normal for a heavier duty clutch. I'm used to it already. Have you done any launching? I haven't launched since my clutch install, don't want to go through that nightmare again lol.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 11:16 AM

Nice setup. MHI 18k always seems to amaze me