Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

FLEX FUEL!!! Tephra V3 Evo X GSR, stock turbo, bolt-ons

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2016, 05:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by Dolan Jones
I can't wait to get my setup installed and the car tuned! I have all the parts waiting in my garage for me to get home and install them. I'm Going to Chris Carbee this July to get it all done.
You're gonna love it man. Enjoy it.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 06:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Hiboost
That might have been me then.

I just got an ASNU 330 LPH fuel pump and FIC 1100cc injectors that will go into the car this week so that I can do E85. I'm looking at the flexfuel options as well and once I get it all done myself I'll be able to do it for other tunes as well. I've done a fair amount of E85 tuning now along with E25 and E100 down in Brazil remotely, there is definitely nice power to be had and the flex fuel option makes it easier to deal with instead of manual map switching.

I'll talk to Emery about the flex fuel tuning, not sure why he would shy away from it on the Evo X's although it is pretty new. It would take a bit more time to tune and verify all is well at different ethanol values but then you just charge a bit more for the tune to account for the time.

ahaha okay. Sorry I don't think I ever got your last name when I was talking to you so wasn't sure.

I am going to check out that Sunoco and if they carry E85, I am going to seriously consider this.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chris Carbee is the man !
Old Jun 9, 2016, 04:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jracer
Chris Carbee is the man !
Which shop does Chris tune evos at in Orlando?
Can I have his number and also what is his charges?
Old Jun 9, 2016, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

TSA Dyno in Kissimmee Florida
Look him up on Facebook " slowpoke tuning "
Old Jun 9, 2016, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

https://www.facebook.com/Slowpoketuning/
Old Jun 9, 2016, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Anyone know why Chris went back to Florida? Just curious
Old Jun 10, 2016, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by e_kobz
You're gonna love it man. Enjoy it.
Super excited..I'm also upgrading to a MHI 18K with the flex fuel also.

Originally Posted by Howulikemyevo
Which shop does Chris tune evos at in Orlando?
Can I have his number and also what is his charges?
I don't know about Orlando but I'm going to go to jacksonville to get my car tuned by him at Dirty Racing Products.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 07:45 AM

Anyone know why Chris went back to Florida? Just curious
He explained himself on his Facebook page listed above.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Hiboost
That might have been me then.

I just got an ASNU 330 LPH fuel pump and FIC 1100cc injectors that will go into the car this week so that I can do E85. I'm looking at the flexfuel options as well and once I get it all done myself I'll be able to do it for other tunes as well. I've done a fair amount of E85 tuning now along with E25 and E100 down in Brazil remotely, there is definitely nice power to be had and the flex fuel option makes it easier to deal with instead of manual map switching.

I'll talk to Emery about the flex fuel tuning, not sure why he would shy away from it on the Evo X's although it is pretty new. It would take a bit more time to tune and verify all is well at different ethanol values but then you just charge a bit more for the tune to account for the time.
I talked to Emery Thursday about it for a bit after ordering some clutch parts, he still isn't interested in doing it he had a couple different concerns about it
Old Jun 12, 2016, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by quatts
I talked to Emery Thursday about it for a bit after ordering some clutch parts, he still isn't interested in doing it he had a couple different concerns about it
Not sure what there is to be concerned about
Old Sep 28, 2016, 05:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
gonna do the tephra v3 flex fuel converter kit over the winter here in CT. is it necessary to do the fuel rail and pressure regulator kit along with the pump and injectors?
Old Sep 28, 2016, 05:22 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by gally
gonna do the tephra v3 flex fuel converter kit over the winter here in CT. is it necessary to do the fuel rail and pressure regulator kit along with the pump and injectors?
No.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 06:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So the time finally came this weekend to convert my daily driven 2008 Evo X GSR over to the new TephraV3 rom with all the flex fuel goodness. My good friend and tuner Tony as UMS Tuning handled all the tuning via his Dynapack (in case anyone is wondering this Dynapack has the updated software and reads within 1% of our local DJ). Little background on the car, its a daily driven 2008 Evo X GSR. It currently has 82k miles on the motor, turbo, drivetrain, etc. It is your basic bolt-on car. Last time it was on the dyno the car made 362whp and 362wtq at 26psi on 91 ACN fuel. The stock fuel system was pretty much maxed out. I'm very fortunate enough to live 5 miles from Injector Dynamics and I race with the owner in NASA, so I got hooked up with a set of fancy ID1300's. At this point I shopped around for fuel pumps. Decided on the DW300C cause it was the only one that was a 100% drop in 300+lph pump and had a killer warranty, hopefully it holds up. As far as the flex fuel kit I decided on the flex converter setup cause it was all plug-n-play and the bluetooth feature is just plain awesome (really hope it works on the iPhone really soon). Once we got everything installed we started tuning with 91 pump gas in the tank. He got everything dialed in and at 26psi on its best run the car did 358whp and 361wtq. Not too bad for this brutal AZ heat. At this point we drained the tank then filled it with E85. However we all know that it takes a little while for all the pump gas to get out of the fuel system so with just E85 we were at E76. So we added some E98 into the mix to bring it from E76 to E85. Once we got the ethanol content to E85 we started the tuning of that fuel. The target boost was 30psi. On its best pull the car made 406whp and 411wtq. Peak torque came in at 3500rpm, little freight train. At this point we started adding 91 pump gas into the system. We got the mix to E50-55 and made a few more tweaks. It's best pull at E50-55 was 380whp and 383wtq at around 28psi. The tuning was finished at this point. The car feels amazing. Pretty much the perfect street car in my opinion. There are a couple issues I would like to address, first being the DV. I'm sure its leaking like crazy. Either gonna give it a little crush or will upgrade to a Synapse DV. Might even borrow the Cobb DV off of my IX. Also will have to be conscious of the bottom end as 411wtq at 3500rpm on the stock rods is pusing it. Aside from this I think the car is pretty much good. I will enjoy it in this current state for a while. I also have a MAP cast manifold and a MAP EF2 with a MHI ported and coated hotside sitting on my shelf patiently waiting to join the fun, but i'll wait a little bit before I install them. All in all I am very pleased with this setup. I highly recommend it to anyone who swithces between pump and E85 often. The convenience factor alone is worth the extra money for this setup. Shout out to Tephra for taking the time to develop this. Thanks to flex converter for the killer flex fuel kit. Lastly thanks to Tony at UMS for the amazing tune.

2008 Evo X GSR

Stock block, head, turbo, cams, manifolds, etc w/ 82k miles
ETS Intake
ETS test pipe
ETS V2 quiet exhaust
Muse eliminator 02 dump
Muse 1 piece UICP
VRSF 4" FMIC
Cobb 3 port
DW300C
ID1300's
Flex Converter flex fuel kit

Best pulls of the night (4th gear):

358/361 @ 26psi on ACN91 from Shell
380/383 @ 28psi on E50-55
406/411 @ 30psi on E85

Pump gas AFR - 11.5
E85 AFR - 12.0 - 12.2

This is the dyno sheet of a few of the over lapping runs, I thought I got a pic of the best runs but it turns out I didn't. You get the idea though. (Ignore the low boost 15psi plot and afr)

Quick question. What all is need and required for the tune. I am currently tuned with Cobb on e85 but have been wanting to go true flex for ease of fueling. I know I need tactrix and flex fuel kit but that is what I am sure of right now. How do I go about getting the tephra mod required for the tune.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 07:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
you can email tephra at tephra@gmail.com and ask for it, you paypal him and send him your Rom ID and model info. V3 with flex fuel is where it is at, i'm on that now and love it. Adding the Raxv3 patch this weekend, hopefully that makes it even better and more consistent!

Quick Reply: FLEX FUEL!!! Tephra V3 Evo X GSR, stock turbo, bolt-ons