Notices
Evo X Dyno Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Kozmic built 08 X MR 471/346

Old Oct 14, 2016, 10:37 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
Guy has more than 130whp more than you, in a different car, on a different dyno, in a different state, with different fuel.

Your post is not logical and personally I wouldn't be bragging about your very standard power.

fyi condescending **** im not bragging im trying to understand.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 10:44 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by godlikelol
You're going to do so well here...
Old Oct 14, 2016, 10:54 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
maybe the brain to keyboard operation introduced some noise on the line, but what ever your intended message was, it came off as "I think you didn't get your moneys worth look at my numbers and all i did was this". If you really want to understand you should ask about OP's goals, intended usage, and strategy behind particular mod choices. A a good grasp of the fundamental differences between your situation and OP's would help answer most of your questions i think. Also lashing out isn't really a good way to demonstrate humility...
Old Oct 15, 2016, 06:12 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Who dropped this turd into the punch bowl? His first post was definitely inflammatory with his very standard numbers. I'd venture to say his numbers might be a bit over inflated actually, but I digress. Making 470 on Kozmic's dyno would very well put OP close to the 500whp mark on a Dynojet. Which would mean he's well over 150whp away from this turd

Yup, I just insulted you, come at me internet bro
Old Oct 15, 2016, 06:17 AM

yes you are able to , the stock block takes up to about 400 tq safely
but you have a semi built motor and bigge turbo, so no flamming but i think the number are low for the amount of money you put into it? imo. im at 340whp/350tq will all bolt ons and tune.
Also, why are you not making closer to 400wtq since we handle that ohhhhh so well on a stock block? Let me know how long you ride around at your 400wtq before you crush a rod. Who let this turd in here? Seriously Has the car for a couple months and all of a sudden he's an expert.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 05:37 PM

Don't even know what's going on in here. LOL Where's semi built motor coming from? Head and block were built by Kozmic. They tune based on things I don't even understand for the MR. They do calculations based on the specifics of the engine and clutch pack tune to that. Their tunes tend to be on the safe side not for extreme on the edge high hp and torque. I'm sure I could squeeze more out of it but at a cost of something wearing down too fast or breaking. Here's an updated dyno with E85. Numbers are lower supposedly due to what correction factors used for the time of year it was tuned and temps. Couldn't push the E85 due to the internal wastegate not holding the higher boost so we had to leave it at 30psi.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 01:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PDCC_EVO

Don't even know what's going on in here. LOL Where's semi built motor coming from? Head and block were built by Kozmic. They tune based on things I don't even understand for the MR. They do calculations based on the specifics of the engine and clutch pack tune to that. Their tunes tend to be on the safe side not for extreme on the edge high hp and torque. I'm sure I could squeeze more out of it but at a cost of something wearing down too fast or breaking. Here's an updated dyno with E85. Numbers are lower supposedly due to what correction factors used for the time of year it was tuned and temps. Couldn't push the E85 due to the internal wastegate not holding the higher boost so we had to leave it at 30psi.
You have to be about out of injector too. Would be cool to see a stiffer internal wastegate and bigger injectors though.

Last edited by turbo addict; Nov 26, 2016 at 01:18 AM.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 05:42 PM

Ah, sorry, forgot mention the added fuel goodies since going E85. Now running ID2000s and an Aeromotive Pro Series Pump. As soon as I can get time to bring it back and check over a few things I'll probably be upgrading the wastegate.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 10:56 AM

I bet you're pretty happy with those numbers!
Old Dec 3, 2016, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Facepuke
I bet you're pretty happy with those numbers!
Nah man not really. The whole point of me upgrading the fuel even more was to push the turbo. Turns out all we pushed was the internal wastegate which wouldn't hold over 30PSI and we were already at 26 before the upgrades, so really more pissed than happy. Back to them I suppose for upgrades. Bothers me that it isn't running at it's full potential.
Old Dec 4, 2016, 08:53 AM

Great #'s, can't wait to see you turn the boost up above 30. I'm interested in seeing how high Kozmic will go with the SST torque #'s on your car. We stopped at 400wtq on mine only because i thought that was pushing it for track use.

Keep us posted
Old Dec 4, 2016, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PDCC_EVO
Nah man not really. The whole point of me upgrading the fuel even more was to push the turbo. Turns out all we pushed was the internal wastegate which wouldn't hold over 30PSI and we were already at 26 before the upgrades, so really more pissed than happy. Back to them I suppose for upgrades. Bothers me that it isn't running at it's full potential.
What are your plans for a wastegate upgrade? I have been looking for answers to this as well. I did find a kinugawa internal wastegate actuator that has replaceable springs that go from 4.5psi up to 36.8psi. This might fix your problem. And for about 100 bucks. I had a friend that had these in his 3000gt VR4 and the wastegate were pretty nice.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by turbo addict
What are your plans for a wastegate upgrade? I have been looking for answers to this as well. I did find a kinugawa internal wastegate actuator that has replaceable springs that go from 4.5psi up to 36.8psi. This might fix your problem. And for about 100 bucks. I had a friend that had these in his 3000gt VR4 and the wastegate were pretty nice.
I'm not sure. I have to get with Kozmic on a fix. Motion Lab had the same issue with this turbo on an MR and it wasn't fixed by putting on a turbosmart wastegate with 26 psi spring. They recommended trying the newer turbosmart with dual ports to see if it would hold. Going to tick me off if we can't get this turbo to 35psi or so. If that's the case I'm pulling the whole kit off and selling it.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
That is good power so far. I can imagine the SST with that kind of power flies, I always find the shifts to be so quick and crisp even on a bone stock MR.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 11:34 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
I think you're simply at the upper limits of the stock frame turbo with the restrictive exhaust housing. Back pressure is limiting boost, probably not the wastegate. This is evident by how boost gets up there, and then tapers.

If you had a GSR (manual trans), it would probably be making around 550whp because the SST loses about 7-10% on the manual. And since you're on a mustang dyno, you're also getting about 10% lower numbers. So a GSR with your setup on a dynojet would be right around 580-600 I bet...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Kozmic built 08 X MR 471/346