Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

rockford fosgate sound system too quiet?

Old Nov 27, 2008, 09:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fusionofideas
just curious on a swap on the SSS set up while still keeping the stock Nav unit.Can you run an aftermarket amp in the stock headunit?
Where would you plug in a new amp to power the fronts and rears.
I am sick of this weak Rockford fosgate "650 watt system" should be 65 watt
my last car was loaded with bass and I could bump going 80 on the freeway. Does anybody have a walkthrough of modifying the speakers and sub while keeping the stock SSS Nav touch screen. Thanks
Well the stock amp is under the drivers seat isn't it? Could we just replace the amp or modify the stock one so that it stops limiting the volume?
Old Dec 2, 2008, 08:50 AM

I had the same exact issue for months. First of all the whole system is neither crisp/clear OR loud BUT the setting I found does make it better. It seems to have disabled that auto leveling bull****. With the stereo off if you hold down the audio knob you will find 2 settings. The one I changed was 3 letters ( I do not know what it is or what they stand for) but you can set it to 'on' or 'off'. When I turned it off I noticed the system would sustain higher volumes. Definately better but still not great overall, I need an Alpine stat!
Old Dec 16, 2008, 01:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RedlineX79
I had the same exact issue for months. First of all the whole system is neither crisp/clear OR loud BUT the setting I found does make it better. It seems to have disabled that auto leveling bull****. With the stereo off if you hold down the audio knob you will find 2 settings. The one I changed was 3 letters ( I do not know what it is or what they stand for) but you can set it to 'on' or 'off'. When I turned it off I noticed the system would sustain higher volumes. Definately better but still not great overall, I need an Alpine stat!
This is on one of the standard decks, right? Not the Navi unit? I tried turning off the audio by pressing the power button, and then holding down the audio button, but, this doesn't seem to work for me... let me know if you have a chance... thanks!
Old Dec 17, 2008, 10:05 PM

Replaced the system cuz it wasnt nearly loud enough for me. Focal components ftmfw!
Old Dec 17, 2008, 11:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Japistani
This is on one of the standard decks, right? Not the Navi unit? I tried turning off the audio by pressing the power button, and then holding down the audio button, but, this doesn't seem to work for me... let me know if you have a chance... thanks!
Want to know the same. I have the Nav system as well!
Old Dec 18, 2008, 04:06 PM
Evolving Member

Pushing the Audio button brings up no menu for me either...
Old Dec 22, 2008, 02:10 PM

Sorry, I havent been on the board in a few days. Im gonna be far from technical here, sorry cuz im at work and I dont remember exactly what the buttons and knobs say on the stereo. Yes I have the regular RF non Nav stereo. So there are two main knobs, the power/volume one to the left side which is obviously what you use to turn it off. Whatever the knob is to the right, I think you can control the bass/treble/sub...etc with it, with the power off that is the button you press and hold for a few seconds. I'll do it again when I get home and see what exactly pops up.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 05:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nathan0490
Pushing the Audio button brings up no menu for me either...
same here
Old Dec 25, 2008, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry, I havent been on the board in a few days. Im gonna be far from technical here, sorry cuz im at work and I dont remember exactly what the buttons and knobs say on the stereo. Yes I have the regular RF non Nav stereo. So there are two main knobs, the power/volume one to the left side which is obviously what you use to turn it off. Whatever the knob is to the right, I think you can control the bass/treble/sub...etc with it, with the power off that is the button you press and hold for a few seconds. I'll do it again when I get home and see what exactly pops up.
Thanks, let us know your results...
Old Dec 25, 2008, 02:02 PM

It's the knob on the right (the one that controls the folders for mp3 cd's), with the radio powered off push the knob down for a few seconds and an option for svc or scv will pop up. The options are yes or no, and this controls the speed sensitive volume control. I turned it off because I hated it when I had it in my g35, but I cannot comment on what difference this makes versus when it is turned on because I just picked my x yesterday. And yes, the system is pretty weak.
Old Dec 25, 2008, 06:26 PM
Evolving Member

Oh the Speed Sensitive has nothing to do with this. It's completely separate from that.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 03:35 PM

Yes thats exactly the button, turning it off allowed my volume to sustain much higher levels.
Old Dec 28, 2008, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

The same thing has been driving me crazy too. Our Honda Odyssey minivan has a louder standard system. When I use my Ipod in the rca connectors I noticed its much louder. On sirius and radio its just too quiet. Its frustrating because I bought the SSS so I could get the upgraded system and not have to install anything myself. Once the car is back form the dealer I plan to try this button. I don't have NAV so I am not sure if that matters.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 07:44 PM

Did anybody find a fix for this? Sorry, it took forever to search for a thread like this, so I created the other one.

I have a fully loaded GSR and the other GSR in the house with SSS is louder at half volume than my navi unit at full volume. What's the deal???
Old Oct 25, 2009, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

bump for some kind of help. thinking about going to a audio shop to see if they can modify the amp.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: rockford fosgate sound system too quiet?