Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

remote start on Evo X??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2009, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question remote start on Evo X??

Has anybody installed a remote start on the EVO X? If so which one did you use?

Are there any remote start securit kits that can work with all of the keyless funtions on my MR? (keyless entry, start, trunk)
Old Feb 5, 2009, 01:03 PM

well im installing a remote start on my evo 10 on saturday i can let you know how it goes.

from what i heard u have to use one of your keys to be put in the remote start.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 01:08 PM

do you have the keyless entry/keyless start?
Old Feb 5, 2009, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Looking to put one on my car, however I want to keep my SMART key working while vehicle is remote started.

But it should be no issue if you want to use an aftermarket remote start/keyless/trunk. All these functions should be able to be integrated in with the new system. All you should need is a bypass that your key gets installed into because it has an immobilizer built in.

I peronally like DEI products (Viper, Python...)
Old Feb 5, 2009, 01:25 PM

i have a keyless start i believe
Old Feb 5, 2009, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There's another thread discussing this. You can find more info there.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...evo-x-gsr.html
Old Feb 6, 2009, 10:01 AM

yeah but i dont need the info on the 5 speed manual security systems...
Old Feb 6, 2009, 07:09 PM

I know that in our area some of the local kids that do installs will do side work to 'practice'. Some shops let the installers even use their bay's so they have all the right tools. Perhaps check around and see if you can find a kid in your area? I paid 100 to have my compustar installed.
Old Feb 7, 2009, 10:22 AM

go with compustar pro 9000
Old Feb 22, 2009, 12:36 AM
Evolved Member

i'm an mecp certified master and i can tell you right now compustar is crap. anything directed electronics is leading in the industry. go viper. you're going to need an ign bypass for any lancer since they've all got rf keys. you can bypass it with something as easy as a 556u or as complicated and most reliable as i have it with a dlpk and rflmit3. ask me any questions because you've never seen a car like mine. it talks to me when i do anything
Old Feb 22, 2009, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lancerarmstrong
i'm an mecp certified master and i can tell you right now compustar is crap. anything directed electronics is leading in the industry. go viper. you're going to need an ign bypass for any lancer since they've all got rf keys. you can bypass it with something as easy as a 556u or as complicated and most reliable as i have it with a dlpk and rflmit3. ask me any questions because you've never seen a car like mine. it talks to me when i do anything
Find a bypass that allows the Fast Key to still work when vehicle is remote started.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 05:17 PM
Evolving Member

sounds like hes full of it.... armstrong that is...

show me pictures of this "AWESOME" car
Old Feb 23, 2009, 12:54 AM
Evolved Member

you'll see mine when everything i'm doing to it is done. promise as for fastkey yes it will work with the 556u but you lose one of them. downside is if you forget to lock your car then somoene can drive off in it. i've done a few of the fastkeys before even and they're kinda dumb to tell you the truth. the ones for toyota and mercedes are very similar and equally rtarded. anyways i've still managed to keep the 30s relock in there on one of the gts's i've done. and your face is full of it. you'll see the pics/vids when i'm all finished with everything like i said
Old Feb 23, 2009, 12:55 AM
Evolved Member

cool thing about fast key is you only have to carry around the aftermarket keyfob. but thats the only "cool" thing.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lancerarmstrong
you'll see mine when everything i'm doing to it is done. promise as for fastkey yes it will work with the 556u but you lose one of them. downside is if you forget to lock your car then somoene can drive off in it. i've done a few of the fastkeys before even and they're kinda dumb to tell you the truth. the ones for toyota and mercedes are very similar and equally rtarded. anyways i've still managed to keep the 30s relock in there on one of the gts's i've done. and your face is full of it. you'll see the pics/vids when i'm all finished with everything like i said
Why would you use the 556U instead of the 1101T??? The 1101T is designed for Proximity Key cars so you CAN'T just steal the car. It makes you remove the battery out of the FAST key and the key is only powered up when it's remote started. And if you are stuck on using the 556U, you could just wire up the remote start to shut down when a door is opened so you don't run the risk of it being stolen. Just wondering

Also, there has been some FAST keys done using the PKU-MITSU bypass....which does not require that you lose ANY keys and there is no threat of your "key" in the car staying powered.

Adam

Last edited by Titaztik; Feb 23, 2009 at 09:40 AM.

Quick Reply: remote start on Evo X??