Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Upgrading from the SSS package

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2010, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Upgrading from the SSS package

Hey all, I have searched and read about everything I could find about upgrading the SSS sound system....But......

I am looking to go with Kicker components in the front, kicker speakers in the rear, 10 in compact kicker sub in the stock box, 4 channel amp for the speakers in the stock amp location, a mono 400 RMS amp for the sub and a AVIC X910BT Head unit....My question is what all do I need to hook this up??

Since I am replacing everything in the car do I need that Metra MITO-02 Harness? Or can I go with a generic lancer harness, do you think I will need a better battery or alternator? What all do I need to install this...and how will I hook it all up? Is there anything special I am needing to do for this install or is it pretty straight forward like any other installation??

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!
Old Feb 22, 2010, 08:36 AM

57 views, and no input...come on audio gurus!! Please help
Old Feb 22, 2010, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

OK, I'll try and answer a few questions since I did similar upgrades. You will NOT need a MITO-02, regular 08 lancer harness is fine. If you want to rewire the speakers, then you don't really need a harness for 12v, acc, ground. But its just easier with a $10 harness...g

Check the mounting depth on the sub, because the stock box is VERY shallow. I've posted some stories about mounting my RF P3 shallow in the stock box, not exactly fun (sub was shallow enough, but other mounting issues).

Stock battery/alt should be fine for 2 amps as long as they are installed well (large enough wires, good ground, good distro block, etc). Might consider a capacitor if in the budget.

Otherwise the install is pretty straight forward, like any other car. Good luck and have fun! You can search for some of my other posts in the audio forum for my problems/install.

Oh yeah, you will need a PESWIPS or similar for the steering wheel controls if you want them to work with the pioneer.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 05:44 PM
Evolving Member

What size are the front and rear speakers?
Old Feb 22, 2010, 06:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jcusco407
What size are the front and rear speakers?
6.5" The fronts will probably need a spacer unless the speakers are very shallow, rears might need a spacer.