Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Comp speakers ,amps & subs

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2010, 04:35 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by morfhious3
guys, what do you think of the morel tempo 6 against jl c2 for coax for the rear?150 price range for those speakers...or any suggestion on rear speakers on the price range given
Something to keep in mind; music is recorded in stereo, meaning 2 channels culminating in a 3-dimensional image. An additional pair of speakers, in this case in the rear, only serves to smear the image and introduce a number of sonic anomalies that wouldn't have existed otherwise. OTOH, if sound quality is not a priority, then an additional pair of speakers can make the system seem louder.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 08:16 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
in SPL, rear channels is really only filler audio. Most of your audio clarity comes from the front (75-80% comes from the front). You really just need a decent set of rear speakers to get that filler background sound. Speakers that support the front audio.

I haven't heard Morel speakers before so I can't comment. But I believe you're over thinking the rear.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go here...http://www.edesignaudio.com/....they make great speakers for a fraction of cost. JL are just over rated speakers in my opinion but they do very well. I would go with Image Dynamics subs as well. I don't care how old they are but they still perform like a champ and very accurate. Dynamic audio is great front stage speakers but they are big money!! But the most important thing is to listen to ALL speakers that you choose above mention and decide for your taste. That's what I do and I have 5 Phoenix Gold Titanium Series amps (discontinued) still in box and never used as of yet cuz I know they are the BEST and CLEAREST sounding amp ever made before the digital amps came along. I have listened to big name amplifiers in all types of autos and this is when I decided to go with these.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where did you price the Diamond Hex S600s for 250? They are a killer set of comps! That would be my choice , I have had them before and miss them dearly. For 250.. I will go buy a set right now.. just tell me where !
Old Nov 27, 2010, 05:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i saw it a while ago at ebay for 250.at wooferetc it was on sale for 190 back then and its been discontinued.its hard to find them now but i saw one for 350 lately forgot what site.