Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Alpine INE-S920HD installed

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2012, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alpine INE-S920HD installed

Thanks evom.net for all the helpful threads in installing a head unit.

no write up here, just pictures
Alpine INE-S920HD
PAC SWI-RC for steering wheel control (not seen)
PAC TR7 for handbrake and foot brake bypass (not seen)

the baby cam view

Reverse cam view

Top view of the crappy scosche dash kit... anybody have the jdm one for sale?

GPS antenna location

Sirius antenna location

Baby cam location... can someone give me an idea on how to make a bracket for this?
Pyle PLCM39FRV Universal Camera

Reverse cam location
Alpine HCE-C117D

Just added:
Wicked CAS Magic Box with JL sub.

The Alpine MR-M500 amp that pushes the woofer was installed behind the back seat in between the battery and washer fluid.
No picture.

speakers: i purchased the speaker brackets from crutchfield but they didnt fit. i ended up tearing up the stock paper speakers and used those to mount the new speakers.
JL C2650 components installed in the front factory locations - no picture
JL C2650x 2-way installed in the rear factory location - no picture

Last edited by b00gie; Oct 8, 2012 at 03:17 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 07:30 PM

Hi there

Nice install!

Quick question if you don't mind as I am looking at this head unit as well.

Can you tell me what motivated you to go with the 920 vs the 910?

I'm trying to decide. Watching a moving is not that important to me as using the NAV, XM, iphone, and Pandora. Do you think it is worth going for the 920 because it is newer, even though the screen is an inch smaller than the 910? Or does the 920 offer other advantages that do not come through on paper? On the spec sheet, save a few built-in web-based toys, the two units are nearly identical. The 910 is pricer but you are paying for the screen. Alpine tends to put a lot of upgrades into their models though. I hope you can help shed some light on the differences of these units!

Thanks!
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:23 PM

I was looking at booth head units but the reviews on crutchfield said that the 910 didn't have BT streaming audio and quite a few had bad remarks on the navi. I figured the 920 would be a better purchase because it's newer, has bluetooth audio streaming and I was being hopeful that the navi was improved. So far so good on the navi. Only complaint is the music fade when the voice prompts for upcoming turns. It gets annoying when there is a turn after turn after turn, probaly an afjustment in the settings that can take care of that. Oh... i also like having a knob for volume control.

Hope that helps
Old Jul 15, 2012, 06:51 AM
Evolving Member

so you have the netflix and your audio streamed over BT? or is there a USB/iPhone cable hookup you use?
Old Jul 15, 2012, 08:02 AM

Just audio streams over Bluetooth. To get Netflix or any other video from the iPhone, I have to plug into the aux input using the iPod/iPhone to TV cable. Alpine hasn't released the cable that will do this and allow controls from the headunit yet. Crutchfield said they would notify me when it's available.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

^ any other HU options you consider like KW or Clarion?
Old Jul 15, 2012, 12:28 PM

compatible?

Can I use this same setup if my 2011 is equipped with the FUSE?
Old Jul 16, 2012, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you have the factory RF? If so did you have to use the mito-02?
Old Jul 16, 2012, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

Looks great man! I have been considering a similar setup, with the Sony XAV-601BT with an Alpine rear-view camera license plate mount.

What made you go with a stand alone mount for the rear cam, instead of a license plate mount?

How much was the cam, mount, & parts?
Old Jul 16, 2012, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by ravnos04
^ any other HU options you consider like KW or Clarion?
I did look at a kenwood but i always had good experience with alpine so I went with it.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by ducvuu
Can I use this same setup if my 2011 is equipped with the FUSE?
Hmmm... I don't see why you couldn't. My 2012 is equipped with it but with the install, it is no longer in use. I suggest doing some research because I'm quite new to the evo and not familiar with everything. I'm also a noob at installing. Google and the forum helped me out a lot.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by AWDTerror
Did you have the factory RF? If so did you have to use the mito-02?
No, my evo was not equipped with the factory RF.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by CU125
Looks great man! I have been considering a similar setup, with the Sony XAV-601BT with an Alpine rear-view camera license plate mount.

What made you go with a stand alone mount for the rear cam, instead of a license plate mount?

How much was the cam, mount, & parts?
Thank you.

I was going to see what other options I had for mounting the rear cam. Im going to take a look at it some more this weekend and see if I could come up with something. I still might order the lic plate mount.

The cam was 127 on amazon and it came with the mounts and parts I needed to install it. If you're going with a Sony HU, I think I saw the universal cam by alpine for 99.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 05:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by b00gie
Thank you.

I was going to see what other options I had for mounting the rear cam. Im going to take a look at it some more this weekend and see if I could come up with something. I still might order the lic plate mount.

The cam was 127 on amazon and it came with the mounts and parts I needed to install it. If you're going with a Sony HU, I think I saw the universal cam by alpine for 99.
Yea the Sony HU has mirroring with the iPhone & BT audio/calling....Did you do the installation yourself? If so, would you recommend it for someone who has never done an install?

Thanks!
Old Jul 17, 2012, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by b00gie
I was looking at booth head units but the reviews on crutchfield said that the 910 didn't have BT streaming audio and quite a few had bad remarks on the navi. I figured the 920 would be a better purchase because it's newer, has bluetooth audio streaming and I was being hopeful that the navi was improved. So far so good on the navi. Only complaint is the music fade when the voice prompts for upcoming turns. It gets annoying when there is a turn after turn after turn, probaly an afjustment in the settings that can take care of that. Oh... i also like having a knob for volume control.

Hope that helps

Very much so, thanks!

Do you ever feel like you miss the extra screen real estate, or that the unit would be more attractive with a full-border screen? Is the new control setup attractive? Do the controls feel good to use? I also like having a physical volume knob instead of up/down arrows or softkeys.

Last edited by Smoky Tyrz; Jul 17, 2012 at 05:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Alpine INE-S920HD installed