Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

In-Dash Tablet install questions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2015, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'd be really interested in that @jessemoody, as that's my current issue. mounting. I want something that's clean, flush, but still removable.
my solution so far is going to be taking a custom enclosure project box, securing it to the factory radio brackets, and mounting a cheap case to the enclosure. when the tablet is in, it should fit snug and not move. when removed, it'll just be the case in the headunit location with the frame around it.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 07:18 AM

yeah the key for me is being able to remove the tablet and not have my dash look all kinds of messed up or have the stock unit pushed so far back it looks weird now.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 09:44 PM

so seen this post after i have installed my nexus 7, im here to give some feed back.

i have both gen 1 and gen 2 files needed for the nexus 7, PM me if needed. cheaper than 30$

i thought about how hooking up the nexus 7 in what ways for a while now and what would be best. the best solution is to get a single din head unit. i have the alpine cda 9884 for 80$. i hook up the tablet through either Bluetooth or Aux cord, then charge the tablet through USB OTG cable to 2.4amp cig lighter.

Now for you people looking to go with DAC, WHY? don't go cheap. the single din head units will put out better sound quality as what i have read online from so many people that tried the DAC. Plus the single din head units come already with 3 RCA outputs. The DAC will create a humming sound with out a equalizer which will cost more than a single din head unit. And cut cost for better sound.

Originally Posted by TheycallmeKris
thanks for the reply. i guess i'll just have to splice into the 12v and use a 5v converter. or, do the QI wireless pad mounted to the back of my project enclosure.
i think ill be mounting a case to the enclosure, so i can just dremel out the shape of the QI pad and mount it flush in there, and set the tablet up against it when its in the mount.

well, i was going to be running Timur's USB Rom and Kernel. but i can't find a working link to download them. Does kitkat allow USB Charging while peripherals are plugged in?

Last edited by ghost911; Jan 24, 2016 at 10:42 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 08:17 PM

Have you had any problems with power? Is it always charging or how do you have that set up I have been thinking about doing something like this but wasn't sure if it would get over charged and shorten the life. I tried to read over some threads but didn't come across it.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Sknakaction
Have you had any problems with power? Is it always charging or how do you have that set up I have been thinking about doing something like this but wasn't sure if it would get over charged and shorten the life. I tried to read over some threads but didn't come across it.

Just tap ground and power on the harness from the cig lighter and usb otg to tablet
Old May 3, 2016, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry to revive this one but I have a few questions. I might be going this route but, I also want to be able to remove the tablet. I think that bluetooth is good enough for sound quality and that takes care of that. Now, the charging will have to be wireless so, my question is can you still have the tablet turn of when you take it out from its location in the dash? Will the wireless charger work the same way as a wired one?

This is the dash kit I am looking to get
Amazon.com : Mitsubishi Lancer / Lancer Evolution (2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012) Aftermarket Radio Stereo Double Din Dash Installation Install Kit + Wire Harness : Vehicle Wiring Harnesses : Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com : Mitsubishi Lancer / Lancer Evolution (2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012) Aftermarket Radio Stereo Double Din Dash Installation Install Kit + Wire Harness : Vehicle Wiring Harnesses : Cell Phones & Accessories

I also found this as an option to set it up nicely in the double din kit but, its ridiculously expensive
http://www.soundmanca.com/products/n...loat-mount-kit
This video I found on youtube and I think it's exactly what I need