Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Does the 2014 Evo touchscreen radio support back up camera?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2016, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys I'm in the middle of doing this and I got the head unit to go black when I put the car in reverse. My question is where do I connect the AV cable? I read the entire thread but I think I missed it, any help would be great. Thank you
Old Mar 17, 2016, 11:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ldiaz61
Hey guys I'm in the middle of doing this and I got the head unit to go black when I put the car in reverse. My question is where do I connect the AV cable? I read the entire thread but I think I missed it, any help would be great. Thank you
should review this thread again, the solution is here.
you're going to have to splice open that av cable.and make sure your pins are correct in that grey 8pin connector
Old Mar 17, 2016, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by hloc5
should review this thread again, the solution is here.
you're going to have to splice open that av cable.and make sure your pins are correct in that grey 8pin connector
turns out everything was hooked up right, the av cable was just bad
Old May 9, 2016, 01:28 PM

Hey all,

I just went though all the pages of this thread.
The wiring is pretty clear to me.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the 2011 touch screen nav system uses the same 8 pin connector ? or am i looking at a different plug here?

If so does anyone have a diagram ?

Thanks
Old Jun 28, 2016, 11:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was looking at the Alphine setup with license plate frame. Anyone using one of these? thanks
Old Jun 29, 2016, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sullysnet
I was looking at the Alphine setup with license plate frame. Anyone using one of these? thanks
The alpine camera/frame setup is one of the nicer units on the market. I wouldn't hesitate to use it.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 01:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jakeleclair2000
The alpine camera/frame setup is one of the nicer units on the market. I wouldn't hesitate to use it.
thanks, this is what I was thinking
Old Aug 10, 2016, 08:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Does anyone know, if the grey plug gets plugged into the oem deck, is it suppose to trigger to screen to go blank when put in reverse?
Old Aug 11, 2016, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by JCL07
Does anyone know, if the grey plug gets plugged into the oem deck, is it suppose to trigger to screen to go blank when put in reverse?
Yes you plug it in. The reverse wire is in the plug. That tells it to switch to the back up camera when in reverse.
The following users liked this post:
JCL07 (Aug 11, 2016)
Old Aug 11, 2016, 03:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 02modlanceroz
Yes you plug it in. The reverse wire is in the plug. That tells it to switch to the back up camera when in reverse.
Do the RCAs have to be plugged in for it to swtich? My screen does not switch when it is plugged in and the car is put into reverse ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old Aug 12, 2016, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I can't remember 100% but it might need a signal from them to actually switch over. I remember getting a complete black screen when I was doing mine. Can't remember if it was just a bad connection, or if it was with no signal at all from the camera
Old Aug 13, 2016, 10:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Nvm i figured it out, i was using a wireless camera setup and the transmitters don't work 100% of the time, ended up ditching that setup and ran the rca to the deck it self
Old Sep 24, 2016, 09:32 AM

Sorry to ressurect this thread again.

But I recently have a backup camera installed but I have 2 grid/guidelines showing up. Is there anyway to turn off the guidelines in the stock 2015 Evo non-nav monitor? There are no options to turn off the guidelines in the camera I bought.

Please let me know.
Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 24, 2016, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by NocturnL
Sorry to ressurect this thread again.

But I recently have a backup camera installed but I have 2 grid/guidelines showing up. Is there anyway to turn off the guidelines in the stock 2015 Evo non-nav monitor? There are no options to turn off the guidelines in the camera I bought.

Please let me know.
Thanks in advance!
Im not near my Evo at the moment so I might be off by a bit, but I was able to turn off the OEM guidelines. If you go into the main menu on the monitor then go into settings, there should be an option for camera and you can adjust there.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by TakeItEasy
Im not near my Evo at the moment so I might be off by a bit, but I was able to turn off the OEM guidelines. If you go into the main menu on the monitor then go into settings, there should be an option for camera and you can adjust there.
Hey, thanks for replying.

As you've instructed, but I didn't find anyway to turn them off.

I went into the color contrast settings and saw RGB Screen Settings, Camera Image Settings, and Image Screen Settings was grayed-out.

RGB and Camera settings didn't have anything about the guidelines at all. Could it be in the Image Screen settings which is I couldn't enter since it's grayed-out? If so, any idea why would it be grayed-out?

Thanks, again.

Quick Reply: Does the 2014 Evo touchscreen radio support back up camera?