Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Does the 2014 Evo touchscreen radio support back up camera?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2014, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally Posted by Psybin
So there are video inputs for the 2014 touchscreen? So any back up cam would potentially work?

I found the OEM ones, seems kind of expensive, I will have to look around for an aftermarket solution.

Camera (MZ380552EX):
http://www.mitsubishiparts.net/partl...catalogid=5507

Harness (MZ360338EX):
http://www.mitsubishiparts.net/partl...catalogid=5507
I bought the harness and it does not connect to the 2014 factory navigation unit. The pins are different.
Old May 6, 2014, 07:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I sent an email to Mitsubishi of North America and this is the reply I got:

Thank you for your email to the Mitsubishi Motors Customer Relations Call Center regarding your 2014 Lancer Evolution. If we understand your question correctly, you were inquiring about the availability of an accessory rearview camera and regret to hear that your local dealer was unable to provide further assistance.

Unfortunately, the option you are interested in is not available for this model vehicle and currently, we do not have any details that would indicate if or when the audio unit style or camera would be available.

We thank you again for reaching out to us with this inquiry and appreciate your being a Mitsubishi owner.

-Another strike out!
Old May 7, 2014, 03:10 AM

That sounds like a canned response.
The Lancers and Ralliarts have the same head unit and backup cameras as standard.
It's just a matter of talking to someone somewhere who is interested in looking up the right part numbers.
Old May 7, 2014, 06:01 AM
Evolving Member

your right man I've seen lancers for sale with the same headunit and a back-up camera. I even mentioned this in the email I sent to them. It seems that they're a bit lazy in hunting this down. Perhaps contacting mitsubishi in Japan might find something? IDK, really it kind of sucks. I actually like that head-unit it's grown on me more and more. The only thing that really irritates me that the volume button is on the right. I mean I know i have one on the steering well but it's such a habit to reach over from older cars. I guess it's a training thing, haha.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 03:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
bump for more info
Old Jun 10, 2014, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lightsaber
I bought the harness and it does not connect to the 2014 factory navigation unit. The pins are different.

can you post a pic of the harness ? specifically the ends?
Old Jun 11, 2014, 04:29 PM

If it doesn't connect to the factory NAV unit, maybe it will connect to the factory touch screen unit.

Yes please post photos.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 07:31 AM
Evolving Member

Alright guys so here is a legitimate picture and review of a car with that head-unit and a rearview camera. This si achievable somehow, we just still dont know. Havent looked much further for part no. on this 2013 outlander. Im starting to think the MZ360338EX part is the correct harness for our head-unit. Heres the links:

http://doubledutymommy.com/wp-conten...kup-camera.jpg

http://doubledutymommy.com/2014/02/2...er-sport.html/

-we have to find how this is achievable!!
Old Jun 12, 2014, 03:54 PM
Evolving Member

Alright guys I have officially found it!!!! The harness is already in the trunk. If you open your trunk and look to the top left, up toward the top on the grey suede material there is a perforated rectangle cut open. If you move this out you will see a four prong connector that is just taped up there. I am almost a hundred percent sure this is it. It has a blue, green, yellow, and white connection. I am pretty sure this is the same connector the nav uses. But I noticed that the wire will only allow for it to go to the big bulky camera that sits by the mitsubishi emblem. Does anyone here know what the wire codes refer to and which aftermarket camera it would work with and what wires need to be inter-connected. I'm thinking instead of a $200 mitsubishi camera i could buy a nice smaller $100 camera and splice the wires and connect. Then I can just mount it on top of the license plate.

-I was doing a lot of research today and came to the fact that mitsubishi must have the harness back there somewhere. So I took a look and boooooooom it was sitting right in front of my eyes. Now we need to figure out an aftermarket solution for a different camera.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
this is great....if i can find time before it starts raining ill go out with a multimeter and start testing! I will report results as soon as (and if) possible.

EDIT: couldnt beat the rain...maybe someone else can confirm correct wire?

Last edited by jakeleclair2000; Jun 13, 2014 at 10:31 AM.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:36 AM

Can you post a photo of said connector and about where it is?
Old Jun 26, 2014, 04:46 PM

Bump before I pull all the trunk lining out of my trunk to hunt down this connector.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Psybin
Bump before I pull all the trunk lining out of my trunk to hunt down this connector.
what are you gonna pull it for?
Old Jun 26, 2014, 05:53 PM

To find the connector I would assume.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

Yah man my bad I think that I might have found the subwoofer connector. I dont have one so when I saw it there on the left I thought it was for the rear view camera. Sorry, im an idiot. I even checked power when put in reverse and there was no power so it lead me to believe its the subwoofer connector since theres no amp theres no power. I have the very basic gsr. Sorry I guess we'll keep looking...

Quick Reply: Does the 2014 Evo touchscreen radio support back up camera?