Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Does the 2014 Evo touchscreen radio support back up camera?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2015, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know of a compatible 6 pin to RCA harness so no cutting and splicing has to be done??
Old Apr 20, 2015, 08:48 PM

Hi people, i know this post is old, but i read all 10 pages and still cant understand where u guys get the 8 pin plug that connects from hu to the camera........also i have a q' is it possible to have video playback with the plug of the rearview camera or another way? Like dvd or video files?? Just asking, thanks
Old Apr 20, 2015, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by miguelpr0
Hi people, i know this post is old, but i read all 10 pages and still cant understand where u guys get the 8 pin plug that connects from hu to the camera........also i have a q' is it possible to have video playback with the plug of the rearview camera or another way? Like dvd or video files?? Just asking, thanks
The plug is disconnected where the head unit is. You have to add the positive and negative of the rca to the back of the plug and plug it into the back of the head unit.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I may be missing something, but my yellow RCA cable has three wires when I cut the connector off, a yellow, black and red wire. Any ideas?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by 02modlanceroz
The plug is disconnected where the head unit is. You have to add the positive and negative of the rca to the back of the plug and plug it into the back of the head unit.
Ok....so its just hanging there? Also i can use this rca to have aux video playback using power from acc instead of reverse with a toggle switch to change between radio, menu and aux video?
Old Apr 21, 2015, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by miguelpr0
Ok....so its just hanging there? Also i can use this rca to have aux video playback using power from acc instead of reverse with a toggle switch to change between radio, menu and aux video?
Yeah it's just taped up. If what you want to do is have a external video source put video on the screen. You would have to have a power signal where the reverse wire is. You would get video playblack following the rest of the install as the camera. But I'm willing to bet you would have the guidelines in whatever you're trying to watch
Old Apr 21, 2015, 03:12 PM

Thanks 02modlanceroz!!! I serched everywhere for info on this headunit because theyre not very common here on P.R. i bet just a few has this modification

Edit: ok so i searched for the harness and i think my car doesnt have one, it has a 24 pin plug not conected that i dont know its purpose.....i forgot to say mines not an evo its a lancer so if no harness there will not be a reverse sensor trigger, so its a pita to make this work. I will still trying to use this for video aux instead, well, ut was worth the try.

Last edited by miguelpr0; Apr 21, 2015 at 03:36 PM.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 08:00 PM

Please can someone help me with the pinout diagram of this head unit? The non-navi evo x 14'....
Old Apr 26, 2015, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Gatsby
I may be missing something, but my yellow RCA cable has three wires when I cut the connector off, a yellow, black and red wire. Any ideas?
Did you figure anything out about this? Mine also have 3 wires in the rca (black, red, and yellow). At a stand still, help anyone?
Old Apr 26, 2015, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Symple
Did you figure anything out about this? Mine also have 3 wires in the rca (black, red, and yellow). At a stand still, help anyone?
Can you post a pic of the back of the end you cut off and the wire you have?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by 02modlanceroz
Can you post a pic of the back of the end you cut off and the wire you have?

This is after cutting off the RCA cable.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Did your camera come with another wire that was supposed to plug into that and that would give you another rca and a power connection. Almost looks like the red wire is for a power feed and the white and yellow is a positive and shield for the camera. What kind of camera did you get
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:48 PM

Yeah, the camera end came with another rca (forgot if it's a female or male end) that plugs into the end of the one I'd stripped. The camera end also have a +/- for camera power (which hooks up to the reverse light).
The camera I'd got is a CCD HD 170° camera.

I really appreciate your help.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Do you have enough wire to get to the back of the head unit with what you cut? If not, I'd connect that end back on that you cut off, and use the supplied video extension wire to run to the head unit. I'm guessing the red wire is just a carrier wire to tell the head unit that the car is in reverse. If that is the case, this wire will not need to be used. The head unit already has a wire that serves this purpose. As far as the other 2 wires. Get power to your camera, I suggest using the reverse wire connection. I used the connection in the back of the radio to supply power. Then, with the key on the on position, car just needs to be in auxiliary, it doesn't need to be running. Put the car in reverse. Now just try the yellow and black wires. One will go to positive video connection and the other to negative video connection. It will only work when connected properly, so flip flop wires til video is displayed on the head unit.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 09:38 AM

Yeah, I have more than enough to get to the rear bumper, I'd only cut the head of the rca off to expose those wires. I'd done what you'd mentioned (wiring wise) and got a black screen when I pop it in reverse, no pictures (yellow in Video + and black in Video -). I'd even swap them and got nothing, even tried the red in video + and nothing as well. Maybe I need a different camera?

Quick Reply: Does the 2014 Evo touchscreen radio support back up camera?