Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Complete MMCS Overhaul.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Complete MMCS Overhaul.

Ok so here's the deal, I have a 2008 Evo x MR with an MMCS + Navi BUT NO ROCKFORD FOSGATE. 2 things need to happen.

1. I need to sell my current MMCS. I'm not sure what parts i need to include with the actual MMCS receiver, I will have the new system installed professionally but I hope I can take care of selling this unit by myself with some assistance. I plan on selling it on the forums I just need some help with you guys telling me what I need to take out.

2. I need to buy all the associated parts for a complete revamp of my system, these are the parts I think i need:

- Kicker 40CS654 X 4 (Crutchfield also recommends I get the Metra 71-035LC speaker wiring harness and speaker mounting bracket from them)

- Pioneer AVH-X3600BHS (Crutchfield recommends i get the Scosche MI3019B Dash Kit, but can't i use my existing dash ? It also recommends i get the Metra 70-7005 Receiver Wiring Harness which I have no clue why I need. and also recommends PAC SWI-RC Steering Wheel Control Adapter which makes sense)

- JL Audio 12W3v3-4. I would like to get the JL audio subwoofer box that associates with this subwoofer, because they built it to take full advantage of the subwoofer. Not really sure where to buy this or what model.

I need someone to recommend an amp for the subwoofer, hopefully budget friendly as After selling my MMCS I want to spend as little as I can. Will I need an amp for the speakers, or will they plug into the dash? What kind of capacitor should I get? I need to replace my battery as well so If anyone can recommend a good one I would greatly appreciate it. should I put a second battery for the entire audio system?

I appreciate all the help !