Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

RF subwoofer and rear speakers not working

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2015, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fosgate subwoofer and rear speakers not working

I am still working on my 2010 Evo X rebuild. It is going well. Just need front sheet metal. Anyway, while I was at I thought I would upgrade the audio system to the Rockford Fosgate system. I assembled all of the pieces (dash unit, speakers, tweeters, subwoofer, amp) and installed the subwoofer (unused wire connection was there in the trunk thank goodness) and the front and rear speakers. The original front and rear speakers were the exact same part. I didn't notice that the front and rear RF speakers were different until I was installing the rears. So, I really don't know which P/N should be in the front doors and which should be in the rear doors. Probably really not that hard to find out. So, when I went to install the amp I found out that the floor wiring harness in my Evo did not have the connections for the amp. Bummer. So I bought a correct floor harness, gutted my interior and swapped it out. Not a fun job for someone who isn't as limber as I used to be. When I was all done and the interior was back together I tested the system. Front speakers and tweeters sound fantastic. Thing is I am not getting anything from the rear speakers or the subwoofer. Someone suggested I see if the rear windows went up and down because they use the same connection as the speakers. Windows work fine. I thought maybe my car didn't have the 30 amp fuse in slot 31 for the amplifier. Nope, it was there and good. So, I'm at a bit of a loss why my rear speakers and subwoofer are not working. I am pretty sure I got everything connected in regards to the replacement floor wiring harness. As I unplugged a connection with the original harness I would plug in the new connection so that I wouldn't miss anything. I suppose I could have still missed something. My question is does anyone have any ideas? Logic dictates that I missed a connection. If I inadvertently installed the front speakers in the rear and the rear in the front would that cause this type of issue? I would think if I did that it wouldn't effect the subwoofer. Please help!

Last edited by Weathergeek; Mar 20, 2015 at 12:06 PM. Reason: more