Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Video Security Recommendations

Old May 29, 2015, 06:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Video Security Recommendations

Just curious if you guys had an recommendations for video security on cars. My Evo is going to be here on the 15th and to say the least I live in a very questionable neighborhood, with no garage.

I know it may come off as paranoid, but there's already one vehicle in my driveway with 2 slashed tires, and another had it's windshield bashed. I do plan on getting one on my residence pointing at the driveway, but in case I go to a friends place or something is there one you could recommend that has the ability to record when the vehicle is off?

The main one I saw that looked promising was the BlackVue 750 ( http://www.blackvue.com/en/contents/sub1.asp?idx=25) and the Panasonic X2, but my main concern is with a 2 camera setup I doubt it will catch the sides.

Pretty much looking for a recommended 4 camera setup, or a 2 camera setup that doesn't neccessarily have to have 360, but atleast have some kind of partial coverage on the sides. Thank you in advance.
Old May 29, 2015, 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
whatever way you decide to go, use hardwired cameras.

Wireless cameras sound like a good idea, but they are not.

Signal interference and battery life will be the 2 biggest things that suck. Running wires all over the vehicle for wired cameras is more of a pain in the *** sure, but worth it in the long run.
Old May 29, 2015, 05:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jakeleclair2000
whatever way you decide to go, use hardwired cameras.

Wireless cameras sound like a good idea, but they are not.

Signal interference and battery life will be the 2 biggest things that suck. Running wires all over the vehicle for wired cameras is more of a pain in the *** sure, but worth it in the long run.
Yeah definitely going that route, I read a lot of negative things about those wireless ones. Both of those are wired . Thanks.