Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

10.2 quad core android car gps nav stereo

Old Mar 23, 2017, 05:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MRevolutionX

I do seem to have some staticy audio... is there something that needs grounded? I saw the original harness has a loop connector to hook to a ground, but when using the Outlander canbus thing, that harness isn't used (at least I couldn't figure out how to hook it in). So, that ground wire was eliminated. Have you grounded anything else that I should know about? Did you have a leftover harness or is it all hooked in?
My Rockford harness had a small ground wire as well with a loop on the end, which i extended and attached to the dash frame. Maybe take another look to see if maybe you missed it? it should be coming out of the plug into the actual head unit from what I recall.

Note that I have a 2013, and my harness could be different. I'm not sure.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 12:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
did you took pictures of the ground?

Originally Posted by Snyuk
My Rockford harness had a small ground wire as well with a loop on the end, which i extended and attached to the dash frame. Maybe take another look to see if maybe you missed it? it should be coming out of the plug into the actual head unit from what I recall.

Old Mar 24, 2017, 02:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
I can send you what I got its a zip file. it will completely reinstall the OS and you will have a fresh new unit.

In my case didn't fixed the buttons back light issue on the unit, also the memory loss with radio stations etc. but as I said I had for sure a bad unit.
Robevo,

I got a response from sygav-us with a link to the files, so I'll try those. If I need to, I'll let you know and you can email what you got.

I do know in the factory settings there is one for the button backlight. Make sure it is on RGB. I changed to RGBW to try and get better control of the white (looked too blue) and it stopped working completely. Changed back to RGB and it worked. Hopefully that solves it for you.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Snyuk

The harness had that, but the harness they sent for the 2014 canbus option replaced the original one and the new one doesn't have the ground. I'm going to strip all of the black wires and connect them to ground to see if that helps.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NinjaX
I will answer some of this on the 6.0 thread to avoid confusion for others.
Can you paste a link to that thread? I can't seem to find it in the search.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 05:21 PM

Anyone with a 08 Evo X with RF system having issues like the 14 Evo X with RF system with this radio system. I know i would have to get MITO-02 or use the harness that comes with the unit off Amazon. I want to buy it but with that sound cut in and out crap, i don't know if i want to bite that bullet.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 08:17 PM
Evolving Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-x-electrical-audio-security/738565-10-2-android-6-0-q.html

Here is.

Originally Posted by MRevolutionX
Can you paste a link to that thread? I can't seem to find it in the search.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

Instead of the MITO-02 you can get the chinese version i found it cheaper but is all the same. The audio cut out was fixed on a firmware and if you have the OEM Bluetooth l, disconnect it and all is good.

Originally Posted by rsxblack
Anyone with a 08 Evo X with RF system having issues like the 14 Evo X with RF system with this radio system. I know i would have to get MITO-02 or use the harness that comes with the unit off Amazon. I want to buy it but with that sound cut in and out crap, i don't know if i want to bite that bullet.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 10:57 AM

Can you post link to get the firmware that fixed the issue. Also is the radio FM band problem fixed to?

Originally Posted by NinjaX
Instead of the MITO-02 you can get the chinese version i found it cheaper but is all the same. The audio cut out was fixed on a firmware and if you have the OEM Bluetooth l, disconnect it and all is good.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

The 5.1.1 is already on this thread, and the 6.0 is on the other one.
Can you post link to get the firmware that fixed the issue. Also is the radio FM band problem fixed to?
Old Mar 26, 2017, 04:42 AM
Evolving Member

Btw the radio fm band is a manual fix, you go to factory settings 126 then radio and select Americas 1 or Americas 2.

Old Mar 27, 2017, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
For anyone with audio cutting in and out, I have a feeling its android notifications. I turned them off and it doesn't give me any issues anymore. Also, anybody have any idea why the radio is crystal clear but bluetooth audio is kind of static-y?

Edit: I have an 08 GSR with OEM Rockford, and I did the install with the MITO-02. If anyone has any questions, I can help.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 03:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
regarding sound cutting out, if you are running the navigation app (iGO), the sound cuts out when there is a notification from the app, like if you are over the speed limit, voice directions, approaching a railway, all sorts of things.

on another note, has anyone else run out of space to install apps??

I didnt realise but the internal storage is broken down into 2 parts.

"Internal Storage" which is where apps are installed by default is only 2GB

then there is "NAND Flash" which is 11.5 GB.

I was able to move only a couple of my apps to the NAND flash, but the majority can't be moved.

I don't even have any music or videos on the unit.

anyone solved this problem?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by damo
regarding sound cutting out, if you are running the navigation app (iGO), the sound cuts out when there is a notification from the app, like if you are over the speed limit, voice directions, approaching a railway, all sorts of things.

on another note, has anyone else run out of space to install apps??

I didnt realise but the internal storage is broken down into 2 parts.

"Internal Storage" which is where apps are installed by default is only 2GB

then there is "NAND Flash" which is 11.5 GB.

I was able to move only a couple of my apps to the NAND flash, but the majority can't be moved.

I don't even have any music or videos on the unit.

anyone solved this problem?
Does yours have the micro SD card slot? I just download my apps and store them there. You can also use the USB attachment and just have a flash drive tucked away in your glove box or something like that.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah it does have the micro SD card slot, but How do you choose to install them there?

By default they get installed in the "internal storage" which is allocated only 2gb

And then majority of apps can't be moved after they are installed

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 10.2 quad core android car gps nav stereo