Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

10.2 quad core android car gps nav stereo

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 05:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by damo
Yeah it does have the micro SD card slot, but How do you choose to install them there?

By default they get installed in the "internal storage" which is allocated only 2gb

And then majority of apps can't be moved after they are installed
I'm not a native Android user so I'll have to check this later, but can't you choose the default application install location to be the SD card rather than internal storage?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 06:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Get. A bigger SD card i have a 32 GB and inchange the install path.

Yeah it does have the micro SD card slot, but How do you choose to install them there?

By default they get installed in the "internal storage" which is allocated only 2gb

And then majority of apps can't be moved after they are installed
Old Mar 31, 2017, 03:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have plenty of free space, like 12gb free, that's not the problem.

the problem is that the majority of apps can't be moved and I don't think you can change the default install path.

it looks like you need to either root the device or use other apps to change the install path/move them, which i was trying to avoid if possible..
Old Mar 31, 2017, 05:44 AM
Evolving Member

You need root if is a 5.1.1 in the 6.0 you can make the sd card internal memory

I have plenty of free space, like 12gb free, that's not the problem.

the problem is that the majority of apps can't be moved and I don't think you can change the default install path.

it looks like you need to either root the device or use other apps to change the install path/move them, which i was trying to avoid if possible..
Old Mar 31, 2017, 07:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Bluetooth has stopped working now. Hopefully it just needs yet another reset. I swear it's always something...

Wish I could recommend this unit to people but so far it's been questionable.

Also, how do you fully shut these things off? Mine always boots within seconds so it seems like it never fully powers down.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 09:17 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The one issue that I have with this unit is that sometimes there wont be any sound and then I have to reboot the unit to get audio to play. Sometimes my sub doesnt work either. Overall, its meh. Im not against it nor am I for it. No real opinion.
The following users liked this post:
Fizylftingdrnks (Apr 7, 2017)
Old Mar 31, 2017, 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

The last firmware fixed this for me, let me know what version you have so i can compare.

Originally Posted by itdiestoday
The one issue that I have with this unit is that sometimes there wont be any sound and then I have to reboot the unit to get audio to play. Sometimes my sub doesnt work either. Overall, its meh. Im not against it nor am I for it. No real opinion.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 02:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
Overall would you guys recommend it or find another setup???
is it bothersome more ??
Old Apr 6, 2017, 02:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by itdiestoday
Any time I have this issue, try hitting mute, then unmute (the bluetooth "speak" button on the steering wheel twice). The audio comes back on for me.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 03:39 PM
Evolving Member

I gave my old canbus to a friend to solve his problem and i bought a new one and with this new one I'm getting all sort of problems. So at this moment I'm not sure if is the unit or canbus that is creating this problem. Does anyone have this unit with Mito 03? Thinking about buying that instead of the Outlander canbus.

Originally Posted by MRevolutionX
Any time I have this issue, try hitting mute, then unmute (the bluetooth "speak" button on the steering wheel twice). The audio comes back on for me.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 12:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sound Cuts Out at Higher Volumes

Hey Guys,
. I have the older 5.1 Lollipop SYGAV unit. I have the updated CANBUS adapter. The unit works great except the sound. I read through this entire thread and I see some people had this same issue with no real straight resolution. Basically, whether I am listening to an app on the radio itself or Spotify on my phone, after a certain point (around 80% volume on the head unit), the sound will cut out after listening at that volume level for a minute or two. I have to restart the head unit to get sound back.

I unplugged the factory Bluetooth unit, updated the OS, and unplugged/replugged in every connection possible. Any thoughts on this? SYGAV keeps asking me to unplug the CANBUS and plug it back in and unplug the factory Bluetooth unit even though I have and followed their steps a million times with no resolution. Extremely frustrated at this point.

Thanks!

Dan
Old Apr 7, 2017, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm not going to lie... It sounds like if you have the Rockford system then this unit is a mess. I just ordered the 6.0 and i pray i do not have to deal with these issues because i do not have the RF system (thankfully).

I however do have an aftermarket sub and amp in the trunk and i am hoping i can just plug it in the "SUB OUT" connector to work.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 03:10 PM
Evolving Member

This is normal for the unit not higher than 20, use Neuron Music player if you want to distroy your speakers LOL.

Originally Posted by Fizylftingdrnks
Hey Guys,
. I have the older 5.1 Lollipop SYGAV unit. I have the updated CANBUS adapter. The unit works great except the sound. I read through this entire thread and I see some people had this same issue with no real straight resolution. Basically, whether I am listening to an app on the radio itself or Spotify on my phone, after a certain point (around 80% volume on the head unit), the sound will cut out after listening at that volume level for a minute or two. I have to restart the head unit to get sound back.

I unplugged the factory Bluetooth unit, updated the OS, and unplugged/replugged in every connection possible. Any thoughts on this? SYGAV keeps asking me to unplug the CANBUS and plug it back in and unplug the factory Bluetooth unit even though I have and followed their steps a million times with no resolution. Extremely frustrated at this point.

Thanks!

Dan
Old Apr 7, 2017, 04:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NinjaX
This is normal for the unit not higher than 20, use Neuron Music player if you want to distroy your speakers LOL.
Thanks for the reply. So when you start creeping up in volume it is "normal" for the head unit to crap out? I'm confused. I never had this problem on my stock head unit.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 04:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Snyuk
My Bluetooth has stopped working now. Hopefully it just needs yet another reset. I swear it's always something...

Wish I could recommend this unit to people but so far it's been questionable.

Also, how do you fully shut these things off? Mine always boots within seconds so it seems like it never fully powers down.
I just install the unit in my evo and used to have the same problem, Contact with the guy who sell me the unit, he give me some link with the software update files, after whe i did it no problem at all.
The following users liked this post:
Fizylftingdrnks (Apr 7, 2017)

Quick Reply: 10.2 quad core android car gps nav stereo