Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

10.2 quad core android car gps nav stereo

Old Aug 19, 2016, 09:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone got recommendations for an upgraded camera? How is the stock GPS?
Old Aug 19, 2016, 03:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I chose a $20 rev cam when I ordered mine, works good even if it is clearly not HD quality but that really doesn't matter for a rev cam. I tested it in a badly lit under ground car part, enough light for our eyes but my auto headlights did come on. I was surprised how clear the image was even backing into a dark corner, so with no more than the reverse lights it works. Yet to test it in a dark street at night.

I tried several other GPS software but they really were not as good or required extra payment and in the case of TomTom I could not get it to run, tried it on my iPhone and they want a yearly payment. Might work for some but for me for now iGO seems to do the trick.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how is the quality on it? i got mine and having many problems with it sound wise. Bluetooth music sounds really bad, sometimes static. the whole system sounds like all the sound is comming out of the front speakers only and when you go to adjust the fader to the rear, it basically fades to nothing no sound. and sometimes seems like my tweeters are maxed out. could it be because i used the can-bus module that it came with instead of using the axxess mito?
Old Aug 25, 2016, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by xl1lxbustax
how is the quality on it? i got mine and having many problems with it sound wise. Bluetooth music sounds really bad, sometimes static. the whole system sounds like all the sound is comming out of the front speakers only and when you go to adjust the fader to the rear, it basically fades to nothing no sound. and sometimes seems like my tweeters are maxed out. could it be because i used the can-bus module that it came with instead of using the axxess mito?
I'd double check the connections. I installed mine Tuesday and have had no issues with sound. I also DONT have the Rockford Fosgate system though
Old Aug 25, 2016, 03:51 PM

Only sound issues I have is when programs conflict, like the GPS giving instructions dips the volume of a song playing. I have found music dipping for no apparent reason but again this could be the GPS or something else interfering?

Anyone else found a fix for this?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Troy Gravatt
I'd double check the connections. I installed mine Tuesday and have had no issues with sound. I also DONT have the Rockford Fosgate system though
yeah i checked everything on it, took the unit out so manytimes, email back and forth and still the same issue. i checked every wires and pins and even printed out the factory radio pinouts and everything checks out but still the same sound issue.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Lancer1993
Only sound issues I have is when programs conflict, like the GPS giving instructions dips the volume of a song playing. I have found music dipping for no apparent reason but again this could be the GPS or something else interfering?

Anyone else found a fix for this?
i had that issue as well, when i have the gps app on and just leave it on the map view, every now and then when driving the volume cuts out and you can kinda hear some faint voice as if its giving you directions (kinda creepy like a ghost taking you to your doom ) even if you dont have a destination set.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

I installed this and have the Rockford setup, sound seems to have a much lower maximum volume and is distorted if I turn it up all the way. Did I wire something wrong?
Old Aug 29, 2016, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by HatrixMouse
Nice setup you've got there. Remember that Torque only goes up to a maximum of 22.5 lbs of boost.. which obviously won't work for our cars.
You'll need to read the correct UID in Mode32 to read the correct boost. There's a MUTIIIv2 plugin for Torque Pro that fixes this.

thanks fort he heads up i noticed the guage only went to 22 put when i get deep in the boost the guage seem to auto scale to 28. but i will look into mode 32
Old Sep 9, 2016, 10:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys,

I have a 2014 with the RF system, read through the thread and was wondering if anyone was still having the issues where their sound would cut off and on again? Also, is every ones' steering wheel controls & subwoofer working fine?

Thanks!
Old Sep 9, 2016, 11:42 PM

Has anyone tried using any iPod/iPad or iPhone with this HU?

Yes I mean plugging in via USB and not wireless!

I was able to activate the iPod app in the settings where you use password 126 but it quits right away once launched. I have noticed some of these HUs come with a 30pin iPod connection but mine didn't. I figure it plugs into one of the unused connections in the back of my HU.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 12:52 PM

Hi, guys. Does it works with OEM Rockford amplifier&
Old Sep 27, 2016, 04:48 PM

Yes but you need to choose the right model depending on the year your car was built as the plugs are different.
The following users liked this post:
AlexDP (Sep 27, 2016)
Old Sep 27, 2016, 10:43 PM

Thanks! I was choose this model for my EvoX 2008
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...5NSY46PT3BZHJY
Old Sep 27, 2016, 11:41 PM

You might need to confirm with the seller, your call.

I'm after a special iPod cable that plugs into the back of my HU with a unique plug, not one that plugs into USB. I think they are only the old 30pin type but I'm hoping a converter will allow me to use my iPhone to charge and play music.

I can't find anyone who sells them.
Anyone tried this yet?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 10.2 quad core android car gps nav stereo