Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

10.2 quad core android car gps nav stereo

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2016, 10:27 PM
Doe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
10.2 quad core android car gps nav stereo

What's up everyone !!! My evo has the non navi rf head unit. I am a bit disappointed on the infamous RF premium sound ( if thats what you call it ) ... So , I started researching here and thankful for all that put in the time and effort to advised everyone regarding the sound system of an evo !!! So , i started ebaying and ran across a 10.2 inch android quad core touchscreen . There's not a lot of videos regarding this item besides a russian you tube in which I cant understand ... The features are too good to pass up and more than half the price of a name brand double din navi aftermarket head unit.. Now , the bad news .It doesn't come with a cd player .I haven't played a cd in years.As far as for myself , it doesn't affect me ..I mostly listen to pandora and music on a thumb drive ...Just in case , anyone thinks of going the route that im going through with the stereo ... At least , there will be a reference ... I don't mind being the guinea pig since I've always have replaced / installed all my stereo equipment on all my previous cars...

So far , I've recieved the head unit, dvr video camera , and obd/obd2 bluetooth for android .I'm waiting on some other parts to come ... I will be posting my progress with my install and update the experience of this unit ...

Im waiting on
Back up video camera
Axxess mito 03 for steering control
I will try and test it out once i recieved it ..

If mito 03 starts acting up like the rear speaker or sound cutting on the rf amp... I will be installing my spare 5 channel amp from previous vehicle. Which i plan to do anyway once I get more free time ...

I also ordered an amp kit , spacer adaptor for the front and rear speakers for my future install...

The following users liked this post:
AlexDP (Sep 27, 2016)
Old Jan 29, 2016, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
This would be pretty cool if it works out. Especially if you can load the Evoscan gauges on it. Keep us posted with the install!
Old Jan 29, 2016, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
Is as glossy as that first pic makes it seem? Might need to grab a generic 10" matte screen protector for it (unless you have really dark tint).
Old Jan 29, 2016, 03:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
This is interesting. Love to know how you hook up the wiring to it.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 10:57 PM
Doe

Originally Posted by AngryEvo
This is interesting. Love to know how you hook up the wiring to it.

This unit is a plug and play with the axxess mito 03 ( with a little of soldering or use of butt connectors ).. The ebay seller has something similar to an axxess mito 03 for a $100 more ... I didnt realized it until it was too late ... Please bare with me , as I'm also excited to install it .... I will try my best to take important pics of this install .

Last edited by Doe; Jan 29, 2016 at 11:06 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 11:04 PM
Doe

Originally Posted by splattj
Is as glossy as that first pic makes it seem? Might need to grab a generic 10" matte screen protector for it (unless you have really dark tint).
It has a brightness adjustment like any other android phones or tablet... Here's the youtube link that i watched ... https://youtu.be/GjnjBew2icI

I cant wait to try and install ... im still waiting on some parts to come . I just want to open the dash unit once ...

Last edited by Doe; Jan 30, 2016 at 06:58 AM.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 05:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you know if this is a pure Android unit, or does it run WinCE with an Android emulator?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 08:04 AM
Doe

Originally Posted by shomesomesho
Do you know if this is a pure Android unit, or does it run WinCE with an Android emulator?
I believe its pure android ... I'm just waiting on the back up camera then I will be testing it with the axxess mito 03 for a couple days ...

But here's an amazon link that describe the features and specs
http://www.amazon.com/Saita-In-dash-1024x600-Mitsubishi-Bluetooth/dp/B0153N4EIC
Old Feb 3, 2016, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Doe
I believe its pure android ... I'm just waiting on the back up camera then I will be testing it with the axxess mito 03 for a couple days ...

But here's an amazon link that describe the features and specs
http://www.amazon.com/Saita-In-dash-.../dp/B0153N4EIC
Hmm. I'm curious about who is actually making it. Saita is most likely just a reseller, re-branding another unit. I don't immediately see a matching unit on this list: http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...roid_Head_Unit
Old Feb 3, 2016, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by shomesomesho
Hmm. I'm curious about who is actually making it. Saita is most likely just a reseller, re-branding another unit. I don't immediately see a matching unit on this list: http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki...roid_Head_Unit
I looked at their unit, and it seems they've got the Hui Fei Type units with the RK3188 processor. I believe I've ordered the same type as well, just from a different reseller.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Nice. I've had a Nexus 7 in my dash for a while now. It's pretty handy.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 08:26 PM
Doe

Originally Posted by HatrixMouse
I looked at their unit, and it seems they've got the Hui Fei Type units with the RK3188 processor. I believe I've ordered the same type as well, just from a different reseller.
Yeah. I got the same one from eBay. It was about 50 bucks cheaper. But there's one that's $471 that comes with the harness for the rf system.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 07:29 PM

I have this one for the non RF system but wired it with my metra harness from my previous pioneer. Worked like a champ. The screen is huge and the Bluetooth connection allows me to run my odb Bluetooth and torque pro. Yes it's android os. I have updated the firmware and software via the info on xda developers forum. It's like getting another college degree figuring it all out via multiple posts and lots of reading. I've only had one complaint and that is the boot up got stuck once at the start up logo (Mitsubishi diamonds) and I had it so a erase and reset. Took a while to get all my apps back installed and everything working. They warn to back up on the xda site and I'd now say that's a must. It's a bit buggy but I'm way happy over my pioneer 130.
Attached Thumbnails 10.2 quad core android car gps nav stereo-image.jpeg  

Last edited by ghozt; Feb 10, 2016 at 09:26 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 06:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Doe
Yeah. I got the same one from eBay. It was about 50 bucks cheaper. But there's one that's $471 that comes with the harness for the rf system.
Correct, I had purchased the more expensive one that came with the RF harness. I had an issue with a DOA unit, so I just sent it back a few days ago, and hoping to have it back within a decent amount of time.

Originally Posted by ghozt
I have this one for the non RF system but wired it with my metra harness from my previous pioneer. Worked like a champ. The screen is huge and the Bluetooth connection allows me to run my odb Bluetooth and torque pro. Yes it's android os. I have updated the firmware and software via the info on xda developers forum. It's like getting another college degree figuring it all out via multiple posts and lots of reading. I've only had one complaint and that is the boot up got stuck once at the start up logo (Mitsubishi diamonds) and I had it so a erase and reset. Took a while to get all my apps back installed and everything working. They warn to back up on the xda site and I'd now say that's a must. It's a bit buggy but I'm way happy over my pioneer 130.
I would agree. I had a similar unit in my old Lancer, and it did certainly have its bugs, but I believe it was also a previous generation. I'm hoping they've fixed SOME bugs and improved the performance with the new ARM processor, but anything improved still has my vote for a good GPS unit at a very respectable price.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 09:04 PM
Doe

Ok , I finally installed the android car stereo with the back camera . I will be posting pictures once i get acquainted to all the features. I just finished about an hour. One thing that may help people doing an aftermarket car stereo ... I have 2015 evo mr . The axxess mito-03 does work on the RF audio system ( as far as my experience )

. It was cutting out the volume in and out for a bit and I was trying figure out why ... Then I remembered that I read somewhere on this forum that the factory bluetooth uses the sound environment to control the volume of the stereo ... I disconnected the bluetooh plug behind the glove compartment . And the cutting in and out stopped ...

Quick Reply: 10.2 quad core android car gps nav stereo