Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

What to do next for my sound system?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2016, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to do next for my sound system?

Hi there Gents and Ladies,
I just got an 08 GSR with the Rockford system in it and I recently replaced the headunit with a Pioneer AVH-X4800BS. After fighting with tuning it ( I haven't tuned a radio in years) I am not thrilled with the sound quality. With no boosted volume from my bluetooth audio in the headunit I can't get it very loud without the speakers sounding like poop. Like can't hear words of a song while on the highway with a window cracked. So I am wondering what my next step should be and would like your input.

Here are a couple options I have been kicking around:

Let someone else tune the radio (maybe I messed up a setting somewhere)
Pick up a 5 channel amp and new speakers (not sure if any factory speakers or subs can be used with an aftermarket amp)
Get new speakers and see if that's enough

In my last car I just have a deck and a sub and I loved it. Could have all the windows open on the highway and could still rock out, so I would just like to get back to that. So yeah like I said would like to hear your thoughts and equipment recommendations.

Thanks!!!
Old Nov 25, 2016, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
What harness did you use to install the stereo? It should be ok with the factory speakers and amp.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did this one: Axxess Interface MITO-02
Old Nov 25, 2016, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
Yeah, that should be fine if it's all hooked up correctly. If you're out of ideas on getting working, a 5 channel amp isn't a bad move. Check out this thread (stickied in this forum) https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...d-oem-amp.html
Old Nov 30, 2016, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hey @prosperianson, did you try adjusting the gain on the Mito-02 AFTER the radio was powered up? Try setting gain for highs/mids at 70% and sub at 0% and listen to it. slowly fade in the sub until you have a good balance. Doing this gets you about as far as you can get with the factory speakers/sub. Look here - http://metraonline.com/files/product...ITO-02_web.pdf