Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

EVO X SST no start

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2011, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO X SST no start

Guys, I am hoping some one can help out with some info. I have a friend who has removed the engine/SST trans and replaced it with a rebuilt ( different) engine and trans 3 months later. The problem is it cranks but wont start ! The following info may be of help for a diagnosis..

1. Keyless start model

2. Scan tool data indicates all input functions and sensors are working... RPM , MAF, coolant, all appear normal on cranking. An output injection millisecond , timing is apparent with sensible looking numbers, along with spark timing.

3. No injection switching waveform or coil output waveform from the ECU can be detected using a Labscope.

4. Battery voltages to coil pack and injectors appears normal, as well as all other input and output s to the ECU except for coil and injector outputs

5. ECU appears to accept being read and flashed in the normal manner

6. Nothing else done to the vehicle whilst engine and trans removed...

Has any one any further ideas ? It doesnt seemed to have the symptoms of a bricked ECU ?? ie fans not operating etc. What exactly does the immobilizer control ? I would have thought if there was a problem with the immobilizer, then it would not crank ?? What other things may control ECU outputs like coil and injector switching ? We have conflicting information on this, and our local Mitsubishi dealer doesnt seem to have any idea !! They told us the CAS was DEFINITELY not working... even though we can see a RPM signal on our scan tool , and watch the waveform on a Labscope !! WTF !!
Old Feb 24, 2011, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

double check the crank sensor..or try replacing it with a known working one if possible...if the car cranks but doesnt run, that could be the culprit..i have seen it happen to an evo before..

goodluck
Old Feb 24, 2011, 06:36 PM

Tried that as well...