Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Evoscan GPS

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evoscan GPS

So I have my new Evoscan GPS. But I really can't figure out how to truly edit any of the gauge layouts and make it display what I want.

I would like it to display knock, sst trans temp, afr, and a few other items. But I just don't get how to make it read. I tried using the gauges that come with it. One says it logs sst trans temp on the GTR gauge but it didn't move. Neither did the coolant temp or intake temp.

The only thing that actually read anything was that it said I was getting 16 counts of knock at idle...

I would actually like the layout that it shows on the evoscan page. Where it has 4 rows of three just displaying the numerical values and what they are. I don't necessarily need sweep gauges.

Sorry for the stupid question. But I just don't even get how to edit the gauge layouts to read and display what I want on the nav. I am hoping that someone can help me out with this.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:49 PM
Evolving Member

Bump for someone to explain how to edit gauges or I will take some already custom layouts sent to me.

If anyone can help me also figure out why that now the GPS just says no OP2 cable connected and just keeps retrying. Mode 23 is enabled and the correct cable is selected in the main settings.

This just kinda sucks because I bought this in order to avoid buying a bunch of gauges and I don't get how to edit the gauge setup and now i pissed it off so badly it won't even connect.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

You edit the config files. I set mine up a year or so ago and haven't touched it since. I think Hamish includes my setup with the examples.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

I am sorry but I don't know how to edit the files. All I have found out how to do is load up the gauge then just change out the data it displays. I was hoping to change the background and just make them display the values. I am sorry I am asking such silly questions. I just don't get how to edit from a complete blank slate and just put small boxes with the information that I want on it.

Thanks for the reply golden
Old Mar 23, 2012, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

If you want to email me, I can try to figure something out for you.

It will take forever going back and forth on the forum.

golden at goldenevo.com
Old Mar 23, 2012, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

Golden helped me with mine long ago. Hamish then told me he'd work on getting the CEL feature working (as advertised) for the Xs if I sent him what Golden gave me.
Guess what,
He still hasn't done anything for the CELs and it's been like a year. I've been trying to get him to do it again by opening another ticket (been open since Jan of this year) but still no luck again.

Anyone have any idea how to check CELs with the GPS navi?
Old Mar 26, 2012, 03:18 AM
Evolving Member

I have no idea how to check them. Is it possible for the Nav unit to read fuel pressure?

Thanks for the layout Golden. I really appreciate it.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

Nope. Nav unit wont..

If you REALLY had your heart set on using it though, you could install a switch on the GPS wire so the nav wouldn't kick off the video in motion. Then you could buy some type parameter reader with sensors that has an rca video output like camp or something.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 01:21 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Make sure you upgrade to the latest version from www.evoscan.com/gpsnav
there is lots of advances for EvoX for the EvoScan GPS Nav

Here is another example of gauge template made by forum member this week:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecuflash/602954-gtr-gauges-evoscan-navigator.html
Old Apr 5, 2012, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

I made him a basic layout with the items he wanted displayed. I used the Gauge Designer for version 2.5. It worked great. (And was very simple to do.)

My personal EvoScan Nav runs on an old version and does need to get upgraded.

p.s. I still need the ability to use a backward circular graph. Your stuff is almost there, but it won't allow me to have it go completely backwards. I'd probably need to give you an example.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 04:58 PM

Why do I feel like I need some sort of degree in computer science to operate this thing(GPSNav) to get it to work how it's supposed to. Man, it really frustrates the hell out of me. I feel so ignorant, like if I were handed a physics equation and told to solve it. I've never been educated on that wonderful subject. ?!?!?!?!?!?!
Old Jul 18, 2012, 06:09 AM

I updated mine to the new version, and I get the 2.0 OP not detected issue again. I have a rom from Golden which I know mode23 is enabled. The older version worked before. Maybe I need a new settings file? if you figure yours out let me know
Old Jul 29, 2012, 12:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Golden
I made him a basic layout with the items he wanted displayed. I used the Gauge Designer for version 2.5. It worked great. (And was very simple to do.)

My personal EvoScan Nav runs on an old version and does need to get upgraded.

p.s. I still need the ability to use a backward circular graph. Your stuff is almost there, but it won't allow me to have it go completely backwards. I'd probably need to give you an example.
+1 for getting the anti-clockwise circular graph working. For the GTR gauge's timing advance display, I am using a clockwise circular gauge for values 0 to 45, but I couldn't get the anti-clockwise gauge for values 0 to -45 working.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

What the hell, why don't they offer this for the 8/9!? Or am I just not seeing it?