Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

AEM Uego issue, hear me out. Video included

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2012, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AEM Uego issue, hear me out. Video included

I've been searching for at least 2 hours and every problem i see is resolved with a new sensor but i just replaced the sensor and the harness

When i start the car the gauge will have - - - on the screen and read lean. After about 30 seconds it will read normal like 14.6 - 15.1 at idle then after 5 seconds goes back to the - - - again.

I just replaced both the sensor and the sensor harness that runs into the car. the sensor shows p00 which is afr. Anyone have any ideas what the problem may be?

Thank you.

Aem Uego acting up

Last edited by erikm-x; Apr 19, 2012 at 03:31 AM. Reason: added video
Old Apr 6, 2012, 01:03 PM

anyone?
Old Apr 6, 2012, 03:31 PM
Evolving Member

How good is the gauge grounded? Where is it grounded?

Also where is the sensor mounted? Sensor should be mounted no more than 18" from turbo and before the cat.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by AWDralliart09
How good is the gauge grounded? Where is it grounded?

Also where is the sensor mounted? Sensor should be mounted no more than 18" from turbo and before the cat.
Ground is to the chassy and the sensor is a little more than 18 inches from the turbo, but im catless.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:40 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by erikm-x
Ground is to the chassy and the sensor is a little more than 18 inches from the turbo, but im catless.
How much more?

I think it is actually supposed to be as close as you can get to 18". Closer gets too hot and kills sensors, further gets reversion if you have a big free flowing exhaust and either it isn't hot enough (the heater can mostly take care of this) or the reversion is putting fresh air on it between each pulse (semi-unlikely).

I'd check your wiring if you just replaced everything. Also, have you called AEM?

I think the first 30 seconds of gauge operation may just be a routine to warm it up and show the user its not frozen. When it comes to rest after 5 seconds is the - - - lean or rich?
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try a different ground.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

Had the same issue, I replaced the WB sensor, worked fine after that. And - - - means the Lean and if the sensor fails the WB will show - - - by default just in case you are leaning out when the sensor fails.

Last edited by MyEvo8Urs; Apr 18, 2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just replaced both the sensor and the sensor harness that runs into the car. the sensor shows p00 which is afr. Anyone have any ideas what the problem may be?
While the possible that he could of gotten 2 bad sensors, it's unlikely.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 12:08 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by MyEvo8Urs
- - - means the Lean and if the sensor fails the WB will show - - - by default just in case you are leaning out when the sensor fails.
Thats what I thought, but he said it goes - - - rich in his post....
Old Apr 19, 2012, 03:28 AM

Sorry for my absence after like 4 days of no response I forgot about the thread and sent the unit to AEM. As far as it going rich that was wrong, it goes to lean all the time and stays there, i drove the car for 200 miles and it stayed lean with - - - . There are 2 WB a brand new aem WB and a 20mile ish used sensor, neither worked.
the WB is on the straight pipe at 2 oclock angle the bung was already there when i bought the exhaust. As far as tbe ground, i sanded down the spot that i bolted it too. Im thinking its the gauge it self. I sent all of it to aem and they will get back at me shortly ill post up what they tell me. thanks for all the help.

Edit: I also did the brake fluid test on both sensor and neither of them passed, same reading as in the video.

Last edited by erikm-x; Apr 19, 2012 at 03:35 AM.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 09:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by erikm-x
Sorry for my absence after like 4 days of no response I forgot about the thread and sent the unit to AEM. As far as it going rich that was wrong, it goes to lean all the time and stays there, i drove the car for 200 miles and it stayed lean with - - - . There are 2 WB a brand new aem WB and a 20mile ish used sensor, neither worked.
the WB is on the straight pipe at 2 oclock angle the bung was already there when i bought the exhaust. As far as tbe ground, i sanded down the spot that i bolted it too. Im thinking its the gauge it self. I sent all of it to aem and they will get back at me shortly ill post up what they tell me. thanks for all the help.

Edit: I also did the brake fluid test on both sensor and neither of them passed, same reading as in the video.

Brake Fluid? Are your sure? don't you mean brake clean? the way to really test it is with an ohm meter, test resistance then test it again with a rag doused with "brake clean" the resistance will change you dont need it hooked up to the car or anything. if the resistance doesnt change then you got an open sensor which is no good. GL