Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Cannot get rid of P2096...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2015, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cannot get rid of P2096...

Hi guys thanks for coming in to help!

The P2096 code was here since day 1 I purchased the car that came with a invidia catless turbo back and injen UICP and intake.

I thought it was the tune problem and I had the car protuned. Light up again after few days. Reset ECU by AP, put a straight CEL fix bought from bigdaddygarage light come up after every 20 miles of drive.

Installed a AEM UEGO wideband, at idle AFR is around 14.4-15.2, cruising around 14-15.2, WOT will drop to 10-12.2. I believe it is pretty good number (please correct me if wrong).

I have researched a lot and tried different things already, anyone have others idea that I can try? Pretty tired about the SES.

One more question, is it when the SES is on, the car will be put into "safe mode" and decrease performance?

Update:
Just bought a CRC MAF cleaner and clean the sensor. I think the idle is less rough after this. it used to bounce non stop between 800-1100 but now it stay nearly constant at around 1000 for 5 mins already

Last edited by Benson830; Mar 7, 2015 at 09:14 PM.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 08:41 AM

hello iam in also need of help my car is giving me p2096 and its running really sluggish
my mods are
cbrd bbx turbo
full race manifold
injen intake
wahlbro 255
grimmspeed boost controller
cobswoth mx 1 cams
ets open dump
ets test pipe nop cat
invidia q300 exhaust
ams upper intercooler pipe
ams intercooler
having issues with this same code lmk what you foud
Old Nov 8, 2016, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
I too have a test pipe and the bigdaddygarage CEL fixer. It is (for the rest of you) a spark plug fouler-type body but with actual catalyst material inside. The O2 sensor then mounts to the adapter.

It is my assumption that the adapter cuts the emissions too much.
My front O2 sensor (OEM/not wide band) voltages are in range. The rear O2 sensor voltage will too often go to zero...

I plan to drill a small hole through the catalyst to let more exhaust gas through and 'richen' up what the sensor sees (and resultant voltages).

The second O2 sensor only monitors cat efficiency. It does not impact performance (set mixture) or go to a "safe" or degraded performance mode.

projectjellyx:
If you have sluggish performance it is not due to this code.
If you are truly running that lean to trigger this - I would check the fuel pressure regulator (FPR) vacuum hose and/or swap the fuel relay.

With those mods you list you "should" be also running a wideband and watching mixture...
Old Nov 8, 2016, 08:57 AM

It ends up is a bad tune. I took it to another tuner and all things work fine after that. The car run a lot smoother and the AFR is correct. No knock appear anymore.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by projectjellyx
hello iam in also need of help my car is giving me p2096 and its running really sluggish
my mods are
cbrd bbx turbo
full race manifold
injen intake
wahlbro 255
grimmspeed boost controller
cobswoth mx 1 cams
ets open dump
ets test pipe nop cat
invidia q300 exhaust
ams upper intercooler pipe
ams intercooler
having issues with this same code lmk what you foud
Do you have a tune?
Old Nov 8, 2016, 09:31 AM

Crazy enough it was a bad o2 sensor giving bad readings Also I do have the wide band aem gauges and it was reading pretty lean so know I'm gods woohoo

QUOTE=Veronica;11681095]I too have a test pipe and the bigdaddygarage CEL fixer. It is (for the rest of you) a spark plug fouler-type body but with actual catalyst material inside. The O2 sensor then mounts to the adapter.

It is my assumption that the adapter cuts the emissions too much.
My front O2 sensor (OEM/not wide band) voltages are in range. The rear O2 sensor voltage will too often go to zero...

I plan to drill a small hole through the catalyst to let more exhaust gas through and 'richen' up what the sensor sees (and resultant voltages).

The second O2 sensor only monitors cat efficiency. It does not impact performance (set mixture) or go to a "safe" or degraded performance mode.

projectjellyx:
If you have sluggish performance it is not due to this code.
If you are truly running that lean to trigger this - I would check the fuel pressure regulator (FPR) vacuum hose and/or swap the fuel relay.

With those mods you list you "should" be also running a wideband and watching mixture... [/QUOTE]
Old Nov 8, 2016, 09:32 AM

Yea boss fully tuned I'm making 440 awhp 437 tq