Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Assistance TUNING fuel curve ASAP !

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2015, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 169 Likes on 115 Posts
Assistance TUNING fuel curve ASAP !

So tomorrow I am upgrading my turbo.
And due to my schedule today was the 1st day I could log AFR via wideband.

My problem is anything above 2700rpm is targeted for 11.025 AFR (gas), but as you can see in the image attached there is quite a large region where I run leaner than this target. The injectors are ID1000's which are supposed to be set with a 812cc scaling.

So I can either lower the target lambda in that region, or I can mess with the MAF/MAP maps which I am less comfortable with. Knock is 1 to 2 counts max, but this was done with the STOCK turbo with WASTEGATE boost ; hence the wimpy boost curve. I wanted to get the intake, fuel injectors etc locked in before changing the turbo and wastegate actuator (new base is 14psi). Oh and tomorrow when the turbo goes in, so does the AMS widemouth.

Any advice on the best way to properly richen this fuel curve would be appreciated!

HELP ASAP!

~Jaraxle
Attached Thumbnails Assistance TUNING fuel curve ASAP !-stock-waste-812cc-id1000cc.jpg  
Old May 24, 2015, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
From what i've always seen is that the AFR in the High Octane table almost never matches up with. If you want it to match then you can wither mess with the fuel calibration table or MAF/MAP. Otherwise just add or reduce from the HOFT. Also have you disable LTFT's from affecting WOT?
Old May 28, 2015, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by franzcars
From what i've always seen is that the AFR in the High Octane table almost never matches up with. If you want it to match then you can wither mess with the fuel calibration table or MAF/MAP. Otherwise just add or reduce from the HOFT. Also have you disable LTFT's from affecting WOT?

I am not looking for exact matches, but within reason the AFR should match the high octane fuel map (target table). I am still changing other parameters such as injector latency, and will post back on here if I have problems locking this sucker in. THanks!
Old Jun 4, 2015, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

MAF scaling

Well after much fighting, I have discovered that my MAF does not follow a nice curve like it is *supposed* to. Instead there must be a hump of sorts right in the fat middle part of the MAF curve. Just so happens that I discovered that the Cobb Stage3 MAF scaling has this exact curve that I needed. So I started with the stock v210 MAF scaling (seemed to be the closest to my car according to STFT, LTFT) and performed a refit on it from acquired data (about 45min of driving) using the ripnet tool (yes I donated!). I then merged that nice perfect MAF scaling with the Cobb Stg3 MAF one, and I believe everything is now perfect. I will post back my final wideband for a 3rd gear pull if anyone wants it. Attached I have the MAF scalings for several tunes, including my custom v50. I have flashed my ECU about 70 times. Has anyone ever hit a flash limit on the memory
Attached Thumbnails Assistance TUNING fuel curve ASAP !-maf-scales.jpg