Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Evo X flex fuel tuning on Accessport

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2016, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I called delicious tuning after reading about this in the Nov. D-sport magazine.

It has dynamic temperature compensation, so it's really safe and adaptable to different air temps.
It's completely plug and play, interfacing with all the factory connectors and fuel lines, taking less than 30 mins to install.

I think this is the kit i'm going with, as it's the only complete kit on the market that doesn't seem like a hodgepodge of stuff. Also, saw on instagram Dr.Boost is tuning these kits now, it's really an exciting time!LOL
Old Mar 21, 2016, 02:47 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by holyfrickster
So I called delicious tuning after reading about this in the Nov. D-sport magazine.

It has dynamic temperature compensation, so it's really safe and adaptable to different air temps.
It's completely plug and play, interfacing with all the factory connectors and fuel lines, taking less than 30 mins to install.

I think this is the kit i'm going with, as it's the only complete kit on the market that doesn't seem like a hodgepodge of stuff. Also, saw on instagram Dr.Boost is tuning these kits now, it's really an exciting time!LOL
flexconverter.com makes a fully plug and play kit that isn't a "hodgepodge of stuff":

http://flexconverter.com/collections...x-fuel-package

Takes 20 mins tops to install and it's $200 less then what you are looking at.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 03:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
flexconverter.com makes a fully plug and play kit that isn't a "hodgepodge of stuff":

http://flexconverter.com/collections...x-fuel-package

Takes 20 mins tops to install and it's $200 less then what you are looking at.
20 minutes? According to the instructions on their website looks like you need to monkey around with the fuel tank and jack up the the car to run things underneath the car.

Do you know how long it takes to jack up really low cars?

With the Delicious kit, you don't have to jack up anything, it's all done under the hood.

Also does that work with Cobb? I don't see any mention of that.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 03:07 PM
EvoM Guru

20 minutes? According to the instructions on their website looks like you need to monkey around with the fuel tank and jack up the the car to run things underneath the car.

Do you know how long it takes to jack up really low cars?

With the Delicious kit, you don't have to jack up anything, it's all done under the hood.

Also does that work with Cobb? I don't see any mention of that.
If you are afraid of jacking up a car and taking the back seat bottom cushion off, you are probably better off with the Cobb.

Good luck!
The following users liked this post:
shekaar (Mar 23, 2016)
Old Mar 21, 2016, 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

If you are afraid of jacking up a car and taking the back seat bottom cushion off, you are probably better off with the Cobb.

Good luck!
Eh, I'm more afraid of running opensource software with a patch on top of a patch and losing my ECU.

I just thought it was funny you said 20 minutes tops, taking the seat out, accessing the fuel tank, installing the kit, jacking up the car doing wiring underneath, tidying up said wires so nothing get's snagged under the car etc. Some people can't even change a tire in under 20 minutes.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 03:29 PM
EvoM Guru

Eh, I'm more afraid of running opensource software with a patch on top of a patch and losing my ECU.
Ignorance is bliss!
Old Mar 22, 2016, 05:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
20 minutes is if you take your time, the flex converter kit is so simple a toddler can install it. How long to jack up a lowered car.. drive up on a 2x4 and then jack the side of your car up... its really that simple.

And patch on a patch, that's funny. I've run tephra's ROM's on my X since they came out and was one of the first supporters of V2 and V3 and if it wasn't for his work many things on the X would not be possible as they are today. I'd rather have tested/proven code control the flex configuration seamlessly vs any type of trickery and save the money to put toward something else but to each there own...
Old Mar 22, 2016, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by itzwolf
I'd rather have tested/proven code control the flex configuration seamlessly vs any type of trickery and save the money to put toward something else but to each there own...
I guess you just prefer software trickery.

Like a good friend of mine said, "ignorance is bliss."
Old Mar 22, 2016, 12:07 PM
EvoM Guru

I guess you just prefer software trickery.
What do you mean software trickery? You do know that Cobb, Ecutek and Ecuflash all do the same thing when it comes to making a new feature, correct?

They all reprogram the ROM file to do what they want, all deviations from the factory code, and flash it back to the ECU.

So with your logic, they all do software trickery.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 10:34 AM
EvoM Guru

Called out , then no reply. Oh internetz.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 169 Likes on 115 Posts
Did anyone break this down?

Is the delicious tuning like an old school Apexi AFC, intercepting and mangling parameters like the MAF reported HZ (only based on ethanol content)?

Does anyone know exactly how the delicious tuning solution works?

flex converter kit just reads the ethanol content. That is a fraction of the entire problem.

~Jaraxle
Old Mar 25, 2016, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

I got the kit yesterday! Actually took 10 minutes to install, looks really clean. Flashed the AP with Delicious tune, it effing works! One thing I like is I have the Accessport that I can monitor my ethanol percentage, as well as other things. OS you need to carry a laptop everywhere or connect your phone to just view e content.

This is so frick'n awesome! Now I won't be one of those guys at the e85 pump waiting for my car die to get all the 91 octane out. LOL

Old Mar 25, 2016, 10:46 AM
Evolving Member

Called out , then no reply. Oh internetz.
where are you calling me out brah?

I think you're taking things out of context and are a keyboard warrior I got better things to do then wait up all night watching for a response on a forum.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm still waiting on COBB tuning to come out with something hopefully or being able to tune this. COBB being in my backyard is my main reason.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 169 Likes on 115 Posts
I got the kit yesterday! Actually took 10 minutes to install, looks really clean. Flashed the AP with Delicious tune, it effing works! One thing I like is I have the Accessport that I can monitor my ethanol percentage, as well as other things. OS you need to carry a laptop everywhere or connect your phone to just view e content.

This is so frick'n awesome! Now I won't be one of those guys at the e85 pump waiting for my car die to get all the 91 octane out. LOL

Ok so how does the ethanol content sensor get the % of ethanol to the ECU/tune?
Does the tune have to be an OTS Cobb tune (aka: pretty much stock car) ?
Does it interpolate injector scaling, boost, timing, etc throughout the range for ethanol %?

~Jaraxle

Quick Reply: Evo X flex fuel tuning on Accessport