Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Review: Delicious Tuning Flex Fuel Kit for EVO X

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2016, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Review: Delicious Tuning Flex Fuel Kit for EVO X

After having a Stage 3 EVO GSR (about 310 whp virtual dyno) for about a year I started to have the urge for more power. I live in WI where E85 stations are plentiful so I started looking for flex fuel solutions. I already have the Cobb AP and am very comfortable using it and appreciate the convenience of monitoring/datalogging without having to lug around a laptop. Therefore ideally I wanted a flex fuel solution that utilized the Cobb AP. Enter Delicious Tuning. They are a reputable, well known vendor and their flex fuel kit looked very complete, so I sent over a few questions to Zach @ Delicious. He answered my questions and I placed an order. In went a set of DW1100cc injectors and I was ready to install the Delicious Tuning EVO X Flex Fuel MK1 kit. The flex fuel kit itself is very easy to install, literally taking me less than 30 minutes to install and I was taking my time. You can view the install instructions at the Delicious website. Bill @ Delicious provided me with a map based on the Cobb 91 OTS map (included in cost of the kit), with flex fuel enabled. I flashed the map and did some datalogging and sent to Bill to make sure everything looked ok at no additional cost.

I have now put a few hundred miles each on E10 (91 octane) , E50, E70 on this kit and am now comfortable enough to say that the kit works seamlessly between the different blends of gasoline, which is to say pretty much OEM like with better power and throttle response throughout. When running E50 – E70 the power increase is substantial . On ethanol I am making at least 350 whp consistently per virtual dyno. The power is very addicting to say the least.

A huge benefit to using flex fuel is that 91/93 octane seems to be getting price gouged pretty heavily. Where I’m at 87 octane is $2.09 while 91 octane is $2.98. OUCH. On the other hand, I just filled up a tank of E70 @ $1.66 / gallon. The minimum octane rating on the E70 pump was 105 octane… yeah I’ll take more of that please!

Overall the Delicious Flex Fuel Kit has performed flawlessly. Also, and this is very important to me, both Zach and Bill are easy to work with and are responsive to e-mail communication (usually within 1 business day). Like many of you I work and have a family so e-mail is the most convenient method for me to communicate. You are in good hands with the Delicious crew!

I am in no way affiliated with Delicious Tuning.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 07:07 AM

Nice review. So you are running their OTS flex fuel map which is similar to the Cobb Stage 3 OTS map? The Cobb OTS maps arent that great, in fact a little unsafe. Have you talked to them about custom tuning? I went from 310whp to 350whp on 91 getting a custom etune (from RRE). I wonder what kind of power you can get on flex fuel from them with a custom tune. Did you also upgrade your fuel pump?
Old Sep 30, 2016, 04:39 PM

The OTS tune supplied to me is great. I did a few datalogs and sent to Bill @ Delicious. He made a few tweaks and the a/f (I have an AEM UEGO) looks good and knock count is virtually non-existent. So very safe actually.

Bill informed me that Delicious custom maps make right around 400 whp. I'm currently at 350 - 360 whp and loving it. It's a conservative bump, yet still very safe, and that's all I really care for at this point. If I get the itch for more power I'll just contact Bill to get a custom tune. Overall a very nice cost effective, turn-key solution to go flex fuel.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

Good review! I've had pretty much the same experience with these guys. They are always responsive and do great work. I also have the Delicious flex fuel kit and I absolutely love laughing at other Evos idling at the gas station to drain as much pump gas out of their tank, so they can switch to an E85 map. I just pull up and put the corn juice in and drive off.