Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

E85 Converstion Help/Questions/Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2016, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E85 Converstion Help/Questions/Suggestions

I'm planning on converting my 2008 Evo X MR with 34k miles to E85 very soon. I've ran e85 on my e92 BMW 335i in the past and I absolutely loved the gains it produced. So here are my questions.

I've picked up a CobbAP today for $350 from a local guy here, from what I read that will be sufficient for tuning purposes right?

For injectors I'm going to go with 1000cc injectors (not sure from where yet), however how will I go about coding those injectors after installing them? I've read about people here upgrading their injectors but never seen them mention the actual coding process.

For the fuel pump I think I'm going to go with the Walboro 250, how is the fitment with that and what supporting modifications will I need to install that myself?

That's all that I've read I needed for e85 conversion solely, and I plan on more modifications in the future. Right now I have a catback exhaust system and a "Test" pipe in my sights.

Are there any suggestions you guys have? Or is there something I'm missing to convert to e85? My car is essentially bone stock right now as I only purchased it last week.
Cheers!
Old Oct 1, 2016, 04:57 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
My suggestion is to sell the Cobb unit and use Ecuflash with Tephra V3 flex fuel mod: http://www.tephra.it/v3/

Not only is Ecuflash MUCH more powerful for your SST equipped MR, it's much more supported in the aftermarket.

Ecuflash + Tephra V3 + flexconverter ethanol kit = true flex fuel capabilities

No reason for a walbro 450 pump with stock turbo, Walbro 255 is fine for E85. Unless you plan on going to a larger turbo in the future.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by razorlab
My suggestion is to sell the Cobb unit and use Ecuflash with Tephra V3 flex fuel mod: http://www.tephra.it/v3/

Not only is Ecuflash MUCH more powerful for your SST equipped MR, it's much more supported in the aftermarket.

No reason for a walbro 450 pump with stock turbo, Walbro 255 is fine for E85. Unless you plan on going to a larger turbo in the future.
I'll look into that, I appreciate the feedback.

On another note I just flashed my ECU with the Acessport and holy moly I forgot how much of a difference a tune makes on a car. Feels great!
Old Oct 25, 2016, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

The other option is Delicious Tuning has a flex fuel kit for the Cobb AP and offers tuning. I've been running their tune and setup for a little over 6 months and it's been fantastic.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 03:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab

If razor gives you advice listen to him and don't look back