Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Quiet vs. ETS dual catback

Old Feb 11, 2009, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KGHtheII
Can you fill me in on what you think is the issue with this? I have been considering the v2 and just recently started seeing these posts about the rattle.

Thanks
Michael at ETS is helping me resolve this issue with the V2 exhaust I installed. The issue is that when the exhaust is installed on the stock hangers, the mid pipe is held up against the rear suspension. This causes a vibration and a rattle in the car when it is driven. It is a small problem and it has a simple solution, new rubber hangers that hang a little lower so there is more space between the rear suspension and the mid pipe. Michael is sending me new hangers and this should fix the problem. I'm sure ETS will include these new hangers if you ordered the exhaust now.
Other than this slight inconvenience, the V2 system is sweet. The welding is done really well. Really deep sound and I can feel a dramatic improvement in the way the Evo X drives. It gets really loud in high RPMs. It is my first mod to my Evo and I don't regret it one bit. I'll post a sound clip soon.

Last edited by oceanminded050; Feb 11, 2009 at 12:08 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by oceanminded050
Michael at ETS is helping me resolve this issue with the V2 exhaust I installed. The issue is that when the exhaust is installed on the stock hangers, the mid pipe is held up against the rear suspension. This causes a vibration and a rattle in the car when it is driven. It is a small problem and it has a simple solution, new rubber hangers that hang a little lower so there is more space between the rear suspension and the mid pipe. Michael is sending me new hangers and this should fix the problem. I'm sure ETS will include these new hangers if you ordered the exhaust now.
Other than this slight inconvenience, the V2 system is sweet. The welding is done really well. Really deep sound and I can feel a dramatic improvement in the way the Evo X drives. It gets really loud in high RPMs. It is my first mod to my Evo and I don't regret it one bit. I'll post a sound clip soon.
Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to the sound clips. How is the sound compared to stock if not in higher RPMs? I need something that will be semi-cop friendly in MA.

P.S. ETS Michael, you should upgrade your Evo X Lineup post in your sig.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 04:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Thanks for the reply Scott! I will also update my signature =)
Old Feb 11, 2009, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by KGHtheII
Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to the sound clips. How is the sound compared to stock if not in higher RPMs? I need something that will be semi-cop friendly in MA.

P.S. ETS Michael, you should upgrade your Evo X Lineup post in your sig.
Well you definitely won't be "stealth" anymore with the ETS V2 cat-back. But, I don't think I'll ever get pulled over because my exhaust is too loud. I'll just be a lot more noticeable when I'm driving like a jacka$$.
The ETS V2 is very deep (non-raspy) with modest HP gains. I'll post that sound-clip soon.