Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Quiet vs. ETS dual catback

Old Feb 7, 2009, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buschur Quiet vs. ETS dual catback

Anyone heard both? Which is quieter inside the car? I saw some decibel charts for the ETS on the outside of the car which suggested it was just barely louder than stock, but I haven't heard anything about the sound in the car.

I am looking for something that sounds good, a little louder than stock but no drone on the highway. Do both of these meet that criteria?
Old Feb 8, 2009, 08:35 AM
Evolving Member

Are you just looking for a catback or are you willing to go the whole way?

If you are, I would highly recommend the UR dual exit exhaust. Get that from the o2/housing back. BUT get the mini-muffler test-pipe, that'll make your car much louder than stock, but not to the point where it grabs any "unwanted" attention
Old Feb 8, 2009, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by chuynh207
Are you just looking for a catback or are you willing to go the whole way?

If you are, I would highly recommend the UR dual exit exhaust. Get that from the o2/housing back. BUT get the mini-muffler test-pipe, that'll make your car much louder than stock, but not to the point where it grabs any "unwanted" attention
Thanks, I'm still debating how far I want to go. I want to go full turboback, but I will be carrying a newborn and kids and don't want to damage their hearing long term. If I could find something with a nice rumble and power increase (along with stg 2 tune), but without really high decibel levels and lots of drone, I'd be pleased.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

I have the buschur quiet and love it. Its perfect and barely noticable when cruising. I also have the Ultimate Racing minimuffler test pipe which i love as well. ETS is loud from what i have heard...
Old Feb 8, 2009, 01:16 PM

hhmmm
Old Feb 8, 2009, 04:31 PM

Ets is louder than stock. It drones at 60 but quiets down above that.
Old Feb 8, 2009, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

My ETS is loud as ****.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buschur racing with bullet muffler and test pipe

LOUDDD....

I have a buddy with an rx8 and exhaust. i parked next to him. My car's exhaust note ate his up. You couldnt even tell if his car was on...
Old Feb 9, 2009, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nala
Thanks, I'm still debating how far I want to go. I want to go full turboback, but I will be carrying a newborn and kids and don't want to damage their hearing long term. If I could find something with a nice rumble and power increase (along with stg 2 tune), but without really high decibel levels and lots of drone, I'd be pleased.
with the mini-muffler test pipe, you won't damage their hearing at all. Trust me, compared to all of my friend's EVOs, I'm the most quiet one. You'll love the exhaust note and tone, it's not raspy and you'll gain IMMENSE power (since it's a X)
Old Feb 9, 2009, 08:55 AM

Thanks guys. It seems from these responses that the Buschur quiet is quieter than the ETS. Good to know...
Old Feb 9, 2009, 10:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dakoop
are you referring to the ets dual v2? just wanted to know...tia
Old Feb 9, 2009, 02:00 PM

I just installed the ETS V2 Cat-back last weekend. Sounds great. It is definitely loud but not too loud. It is definitely loud inside the car as well, especially at high RPMs. It is making the interior of my car rattle quite a bit though. I think part of the exhaust must be touching something underneath and causing it to reverberate through the car. Has anyone else ever had this problem when installing their exhaust?
Old Feb 10, 2009, 02:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by nala
Anyone heard both? Which is quieter inside the car? I saw some decibel charts for the ETS on the outside of the car which suggested it was just barely louder than stock, but I haven't heard anything about the sound in the car.

I am looking for something that sounds good, a little louder than stock but no drone on the highway. Do both of these meet that criteria?
I can't really speak for the Buschur exhaust system, but we have 2 versions, the Version 1 (dual 2.5") is quite a bit louder then our v2 (dual 3.0") The v2 has a deeper tone that we have received a ton of positive feedback on. We have a couple videos on youtube, but it's really hard to get good sound quality from youtube.

If you are trying to make the exhaust quiter, we can also add a resonator for an additional $100.00

Originally Posted by davidiii
I have the buschur quiet and love it. Its perfect and barely noticable when cruising. I also have the Ultimate Racing minimuffler test pipe which i love as well. ETS is loud from what i have heard...
We have a couple versions, the V1 is pretty loud.

Originally Posted by Dakoop
Originally Posted by Talon_66
My ETS is loud as ****.
Was this v1 or v2?

Originally Posted by itznoraa
Buschur racing with bullet muffler and test pipe

LOUDDD....

I have a buddy with an rx8 and exhaust. i parked next to him. My car's exhaust note ate his up. You couldnt even tell if his car was on...
Originally Posted by tonyboy
are you referring to the ets dual v2? just wanted to know...tia
The V2 has a deep note, where the V1 has a higher pitch note. I'm wondering the same thing, which users are refering to the V1 and which are refering to the v2.

Originally Posted by oceanminded050
I just installed the ETS V2 Cat-back last weekend. Sounds great. It is definitely loud but not too loud. It is definitely loud inside the car as well, especially at high RPMs. It is making the interior of my car rattle quite a bit though. I think part of the exhaust must be touching something underneath and causing it to reverberate through the car. Has anyone else ever had this problem when installing their exhaust?
PM Sent regarding this.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Any sound clips of ETS V2?
Old Feb 10, 2009, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by oceanminded050
Originally Posted by ETS Michael

PM Sent regarding this.
Can you fill me in on what you think is the issue with this? I have been considering the v2 and just recently started seeing these posts about the rattle.

Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Buschur Quiet vs. ETS dual catback