Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Motor Mount Impressions?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2008, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buschur Motor Mount Impressions?

I'm looking to replace the front motor mount with an aftermarket urethane piece and I want to compare peoples impressions on both the AMS and Buschur (because from the pictures I've seen there are a few differences).

Anyone have the Bushcur front motor mount and willing to give some feedback on your overall impression? The searching I did only turned up posts on the AMS bushing and I'm curious to see what people with the Buschur bushings think.

Thanks guys.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Bueller? Anybody?

Originally Posted by Manboy
I'm looking to replace the front motor mount with an aftermarket urethane piece and I want to compare peoples impressions on both the AMS and Buschur (because from the pictures I've seen there are a few differences).

Anyone have the Bushcur front motor mount and willing to give some feedback on your overall impression? The searching I did only turned up posts on the AMS bushing and I'm curious to see what people with the Buschur bushings think.

Thanks guys.
Anyone KNOW who has, or HEARD anything about the Buschur motor mounts?

Maybe I'll guinea pig just for kicks.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 07:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMS,,, i had them ,,,they work well....
Old Oct 16, 2008, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I use the AMS, it's somewhat on the stiff side, would be nice to have one somewhere in between stock and this but I've gotten used to it.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
good thread i would also like to know this. i want one thats not to stiff as well
Old Jan 11, 2009, 09:48 AM
Former Sponsor

We did a lot of testing when it came to finding the right durometer poly for the mount. When we initially tested the mount, we used the same durometer as the 8/9 mount and we found that the X transmitted a lot more vibration to the cabin. Testing a much softer durometer and we found the shifting benefits were not there. What we ended up using was a 70 durometer on the X and a 90 durometer on the 8/9. The 70 durometer was the best compromise between good shifting and minimal vibration transmission.

Here is a picture and description from our online store.

The AMS EVO X Polyurethane Front Motor Mount will decrease transmission movement and result in more precise shifts and improved throttle response. This piece has a Durometer rating of 70A which will transmit less vibration through the cabin than other popular brands which use a harder polyurethane.

Features

• Improves shifting and throttle response
• Decreases Motor and transmission movement which in turn improves shifting and drivability.

Applications

• Mitsubishi Evolution X GSR & MR Models
• Fits all USDM, JDM and European Models

Please Note:

• Use of this mount will transmit more engine vibration into the passenger compartment

Click here to visit our online store
Old Jan 11, 2009, 10:04 AM
FLK
Evolved Member

What is the stock mount's durometer rating?
Old Jan 11, 2009, 10:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by FLK
What is the stock mount's durometer rating?
That is a question I can not answer. We have not tested it. I can say it is far less than our poly mount. Ultimately, the number does not matter, it is how it feels and shifts that is most important.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Ivan, does the AMS poly motor mount (one on crossmember) transmit alot of vibration? i plan on upgrading to some S2's or M2's and of i was wondering if upgrading the motormounts would result in alot of in cabin rattling lol. its a DD so i would like it to be somewhat smooth.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 11:03 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by vmrevo9
Ivan, does the AMS poly motor mount (one on crossmember) transmit alot of vibration? i plan on upgrading to some S2's or M2's and of i was wondering if upgrading the motormounts would result in alot of in cabin rattling lol. its a DD so i would like it to be somewhat smooth.
I wouldn't say a "lot" but it is noticeable. Unfortunately, there is almost always a compromise when it comes to modifications. If you want the cleaner shifting, it is going to cost you a bit of comfort.

For me, the slight vibration difference is worth it. Hopefully others running our mount will chime in and let you know how they feel about it.

In the end, it is your opinion that really matters. It is a fairly inexpensive piece and easy to put on..... and you could always sell it if it is not for you.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Uh oh...

Originally Posted by Ivan@AMS
What we ended up using was a 70 durometer on the X and a 90 durometer on the 8/9.
I'm glad you chimed in Ivan, when I called you guys (AMS) with questions about the motor mount I was mistakenly told the mount for the X was 90A. Thanks for clearing this up.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

i know there will be some compromising to do. but at the same time i dont want a teeth rattling experience lol. i too would give up some comfort for improved shifting and less engine movement as long as its slight and not mayor vibration. i plan on doing the bottom motor mount and the passenger side motor mount.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
We use the same durometer bushings on the EVO7-8-9-X's. The vibration in my opinion is hardly noticable as long as you only replace one mount. In the case of the EVO X that is all we offer, the front mount.

Even in my RS with both mounts in the car I don't notice much if any vibration or extra noise.

It's a bushing to keep the engine from rocking back and forth so severly, not a lot of science to it.

We've got them instock, ours are black.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
We use the same durometer bushings on the EVO7-8-9-X's. The vibration in my opinion is hardly noticable as long as you only replace one mount. In the case of the EVO X that is all we offer, the front mount.

Even in my RS with both mounts in the car I don't notice much if any vibration or extra noise.

It's a bushing to keep the engine from rocking back and forth so severly, not a lot of science to it.

We've got them instock, ours are black.
What is the durometer rating of your mounts? Thanks.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Nvm, found it in another thread, its 90. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Buschur Motor Mount Impressions?