Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

ETS V2 vs less expensive exhausts..?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2012, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ETS V2 vs less expensive exhausts..?

I'm looking to get an exhaust as my first mod for my new Evo and I've been checking out the ETS V2 and it looks nice and from what I've read has good reviews. I am going to run a test pipe with it and want an aggressive, loud sounding exhaust. I've also been looking at the TurboXS catback with a test pipe but this exhaust seems to have a larger muffler so I was wondering if it wouldn't sound very loud? Any input on how loud the ETS V2 is compared to other exhausts? It's hard to compare listening to sound clips.. I want db ratings!
Old Jun 16, 2012, 02:05 PM

I'm also just now checking out the ultimate racing turboback.. the ETS would be much more expensive for the UR it's like 1200 for a downpipe testpipe and catback.. any comments on the quality of the ETS vs the UR? Is it really worth the price difference
Old Jun 16, 2012, 02:13 PM
Evolving Member

Dont know about the UR, but I have the ETS V2 quiet and the V2 Extreme rear.
With DP and Testpipe

The quiet is not to loud... and gets loud enuf when you get on it.

The Extreme is ridiculously loud. According to ETS's website the regular V2 is right inbetween.

I'd say the quiet is about twice as loud as stock, extreme like 2-4 times as loud as the quiet.

The extreme will wake neighbors, **** people off, **** cops off etc hurt your eardrums while windows are down... you know all the fun stuff!
Old Jun 16, 2012, 02:36 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 184 Likes on 130 Posts
Why would you want a loud exhaust anyways. Gives you a headache after a while and the droaning is just painful on long drives. If you want loud why not just put it out the front bumper no downpipe.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 03:12 PM

Wow the quiet v2 is 2x louder than stock..? The normal v2 is probably even too loud then..when I say loud I mean noticeable with a mean growl sound that screams at WOT..not stupid loud
Old Jun 16, 2012, 03:37 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 184 Likes on 130 Posts
Growl comes from cams and tune not just exhaust
Old Jun 17, 2012, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Keep in mind stock is pretty quiet... and when I say its 2x as loud I have dp and test pipe... adding test pipe makes crap louder...

quick video
shows ets v2 quiet with dp and testpipe. Cam is mounted under rear diffuser right next to exhaust exit.

ofcorse with a you tube search im sure you can find vids from all angles... with all types of diff exhaust.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 12:28 PM

Get the Extreme! I ams downpipe, ets test pipe with the v2 extreme and love it. Surprisingly it's not to bad on long drives, I'm so used to it now that I don't really notice but all I know is it sounds amazing. Bounce it off the rev limiter a couple times, shoot a flame, and ricers run and hide.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 08:36 AM
Evolving Member

I have the full TurboXS Turboback exhaust and have been really happy with it. Everyone loves the ETS and AMS offerings, as well.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 08:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've got the ETS Extreme V2 with an ETS Test pipe. I also have the downpipe with a dump. I am running a PT5862 and my exhaust is so loud. The V2 is LOUD with my setup. With a stock turbo and down pipe, the V2 would be just right but if you are planning on modding your car later(ie. bigger turbo, ICP), you might want to go with the extreme with the mufflers. All depends on you. I also have cams and it makes a mean lope but that was what I wanted. with my setup, I set off car alarms in a parking garage. I would put a video up but the video doesn't do it just with how loud it is. The guys at ForceFed Performance here in Fayetteville said they have a 900hp Evo IX and my car is louder.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 04:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
I tend to lead people in the quiet system because it meets most peoples needs with a smooth sound at idle and when you open it up it still sounds like an aftermarket exhaust system. No loss in power under 750hp. We tested a single 3.5" vs our quiet exhaust on our drag car. The change is night and day difference between the two as far as sound goes.

The V2 quiet is not restrictive at all. It actually has an integrated y pipe on the inside, with a ton of muffler material surround it. It's by far my favorite exhaust system.

Michael