Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Aquamist HSF-6 Meth Kit. Meth Experts Inside...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2010, 04:11 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
If you're looking for a vendor on here that carries them, Modern Automotive Performance has sold a lot of these things and can do pretty competitive pricing if you PM them. I WANT an HFS-3 kit extremely bad! But I'm going to wait. First turbo, then alky on this car. Still, stock turbos on alky are FUN FUN FUN!
Old Jun 4, 2010, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scheides
If you're looking for a vendor on here that carries them, Modern Automotive Performance has sold a lot of these things and can do pretty competitive pricing if you PM them. I WANT an HFS-3 kit extremely bad! But I'm going to wait. First turbo, then alky on this car. Still, stock turbos on alky are FUN FUN FUN!
Your in middle America how come no E85? Shoot I'm thinking of abandoning my idea of meth for eth
Old Jun 4, 2010, 04:45 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
If it is available to you, go E85. I have E85 ALL around me but not NEAR me, it sucks. I drive the car too much to deal with driving 10 miles out of my way to fill up each tank. That's why I've stuck with alky for so long! If there was a station near my house or work....different story
Old Jun 4, 2010, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it is available to you, go E85. I have E85 ALL around me but not NEAR me, it sucks. I drive the car too much to deal with driving 10 miles out of my way to fill up each tank. That's why I've stuck with alky for so long! If there was a station near my house or work....different story
Pfft, you should just move...problem solved
Old Jun 5, 2010, 01:40 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
My HFS6 tank setup:

You would/should tune for meth, and with me about-to-be released tephramods you will be able to setup a failsafe so the ECU swaps back to safe maps on failsafe.

Aquamist are excellent, and support from RichardL is second-to-none
Old Jun 5, 2010, 07:22 AM
Evolving Member

Damn... That look's pretty pimp Tephra.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Well there is only one station that is near me about 5 miles none near work though but I figure with the map switch I'm good. Plus it seems like I can add more timing. I really just want the tq
Old Jun 5, 2010, 04:34 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by weap0n
Damn... That look's pretty pimp Tephra.
its 4mm 5005 Aluminium... but I could have easily gone 3mm, it has no flex whatsoever...

if you like I can post up the autocad drawing...

If I was doing it again I would make a few small changes, but for a 1st go its pretty good
Old Jun 5, 2010, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Poondoggs
I am getting a HFS-3 kit. I am not too sure if I can talk about non vendors here, but there is a vendor if you google them, Howerton Engineering. Best Aquamist pricing, awesome technical support, and they will give you a free tank, and drill the holes for you.
could you pm me the info about your deal?
Old Jun 5, 2010, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The issue I have with meth kits... is they always eventually fail. No matter if they cost $300 or $1000. They eventually fail, and then even the "failsafe" do not save the motor.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 09:32 PM
EvoM Guru

the HFS6 (and i guess HFS3) has a flow meter, which if underflows (ie blocked jet, pump dieing, etc) or overflows (ie burst pipe, etc) will trigger the failsafe.

combine that failsafe with my ECU map switching and you have a pretty bullet proof system...

not unless your thinking of something else?
Old Jun 5, 2010, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo&Son
"motor goes boom" - only if you tune for meth. If you add meth to your non-meth tune, you will still gain HP, just not the max. Appreciate that meth is the ultimate IC for you will be below ambient temps.

An option would be to have a Cobb AP w/ two maps - non-meth and meth tune and in the event of a failure switch.

PS - here in Florida when we get a cold day, everyone's non aspirated car feels extra frisky (i.e. strong). Perhaps you have felt the difference between your summer and winter months ? running meth w/ a non-meth tune - it will always be winter.
Well...

1. You can run multiple maps on a stock ECU.
2. Throwing meth at a car without tuning it will not magically increase HP.
3. Meth isn't to decrease ambient temps, it's to reduce how prone the fuel is to detonation.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 05:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tephra
the HFS6 (and i guess HFS3) has a flow meter, which if underflows (ie blocked jet, pump dieing, etc) or overflows (ie burst pipe, etc) will trigger the failsafe.

combine that failsafe with my ECU map switching and you have a pretty bullet proof system...

not unless your thinking of something else?

The only issue, I have with meth kits and I own a meth kit on my other car. Is that they generally do fail. If they do fail at WOT... most failsafes won't do too much. Since the engine is revving so fast.

However, coupled with Tephra mods, it might be the saving grace. I dunno, time will tell. But I seen and heard Aquamist kits fail as well... nothing is bullet proof really.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 06:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Clipse3GT
The only issue, I have with meth kits and I own a meth kit on my other car. Is that they generally do fail. If they do fail at WOT... most failsafes won't do too much. Since the engine is revving so fast.

However, coupled with Tephra mods, it might be the saving grace. I dunno, time will tell. But I seen and heard Aquamist kits fail as well... nothing is bullet proof really.
the instant that my fail safe kicks on (just like aquamist it is min-max flow based as well as fill level) the maps switch pulling boost & timing as well as dumping in a ton of fuel. this security takes a properly set up flow meter fail safe to make sure the parameters are exactly where they need to be to detect a problem earlier enough.

anything can fail but properly monitored and set up meth/wi is not as dangerous as people try to make it out as. i blame it on the kits like AEM that say they have a fail safe but it only detects pump failures Aquamist, coolingmist and possibly snow performance are the only 3 i know of that have flow based fail safes that should be used. the other kits are a gamble if **** does go wrong.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 10:46 PM
Evolving Member

Getting my HFS-3 installed soon, can't wait

Quick Reply: Aquamist HSF-6 Meth Kit. Meth Experts Inside...