Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Independant fuel pump testing done by DSport puts Buschur Racing at the top!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2010, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Independant fuel pump testing done by DSport puts Buschur Racing at the top!

We were contacted two months ago and asked if we'd send in any fuel pump products we offered for the EVO8/9 and the EVOX, by DSport Magazine.

We sent them our double pumper kit for both cars and hadn't heard anything back until we got the magazine in the mail.

DSport tested 31 different fuel pumps and fuel pump assemblies from varying companies.

Testing was compared at 75 psi of pressure, on an EVO that would put you at about 35 psi of boost. I also used the 14 volt testing for reference for this quick over view.

The top external inline fuel pump was the Weldon 2345, which is a bad *** fuel pump. This is what we had on our Black Drag EVO. This pump flows enough for 2181 flywheel HP or 1853 at the wheels. The number 2 pump was the Edelbrock EFI inline which flowed enough for 1450 flywheel HP or 1267 at the wheels. Now obviously both of these pumps would need to have -10/-12 AN lines to flow this much and be used with a fuel cell. The point I am making is the flow of the pumps and eventually, how well our kits did stacked up against so many others that were tested.

The #3 and #4 finishers in the testing for external inline type pumps were the Weldon 1100 and the Aeromotive A1000, both of these pumps flowed LESS than our intake double pumper, flowing 1050 whp and 866 whp respectively.

This testing was divided into two groups, the inline/external pumps, of which I've mentioned the top four and the intake pump options. There were 20 inline/external pumps tested in all.

The intake fuel pump testing covered another 11 options.

The top flowing intank option was the MVP Motorsports TRIPLE intake fuel pump kit, this kit flowed enough for 1794 flywheel hp and 1525 whp.

We took 2nd place in the testing behind MVP with our double pumper for the EVO8/9. The Buschur Racing EVO8/9 double pumper flowed enough fuel for 1268 flywheel hp and 1078 whp. Of the 31 pumps tested that put our double pumper kit in 4th place in the entire testing, something I am quite proud of. Where our kit really shine is at HIGH boost/HIGH fuel pump pressure. Our kit out flows the MVP kit at 95 and 100 psi of fuel, even with our kit being a twin pump. While there aren't many of us that are going to run that type of fuel pressure, it's good to know it capable. The AMP draw on our kit also only hits a max of 26.2 amps. Compared to some of the others tested this is as much as 40.1 AMPS LESS!

Our EVOX kit was also tested and of the intake fuel pump options came in 4th place and that would put it at 6th place over all in the entire test. The EVOX it flowed enough for 1041 flywheel hp and 885 whp. Very proud of that one too.

There were other EVO kits tested in the testing and it was nice coming out on top of so many pumps/kits.

We've spent a lot of time working to get this right and I believe this testing shows just that.

It's quite an interesting article with a lot of fuel pump and fuel delivery tech. It talks about the proper way to plumb multi-pump systems and tells why some don't work or flow only what a single pump does. I've seen many attempts of other shops/people at doing the EVO/DSM/Subaru kits that were horrible and this article explains why.

Pick up the magazine, it's good information. Besides, as usual, there are hot girls in it!
Old Sep 2, 2010, 08:41 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
congrats on the high placing David
Old Sep 2, 2010, 08:58 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dave - I have a car in the shop I need to purchase a double pumper for, was going a different route but this looks just like what we need to satisfy our customer.

Call or have someone email me pricing, I can send out the core today.

Mike Huml
-Slowboy

PS - my SBR email is down, email me at mikehuml@gmail.com

Nice work Dave!
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

I sent you an email Mike.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Do you always have to run them sequentially or can you run them both all the time by upgrading the regulator and return line?
Old Sep 2, 2010, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

You can run them both, I see no sense in it but yes you can.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats Buschur you've done it again! There motto is " Just Results!" for a reason!

Last edited by Subrawho; Sep 2, 2010 at 08:57 PM.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

I saw the DVD with the walk through of your shop from DSport, and your shop is top notch!!! Your a dick though!!! J/K, I was dying of laughter!!!
Old Sep 7, 2010, 10:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bighec
I saw the DVD with the walk through of your shop from DSport, and your shop is top notch!!! Your a dick though!!! J/K, I was dying of laughter!!!
That is the previous issue. This one is on news stands now but doesnt include that dvd.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice work!