Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

warranty covered!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2010, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
warranty covered!

So the over the pass week i've had some issues with the evo. I found out i had a rip in my cv boot and it would make a ticking/knocking noise when moving slow while also turning. Next couple days i find out my transfer case is leaking tranny fluid, so i brought it to the dealership and they covered it all under warranty, new transfer case and cv axle after waiting several days without the car. Good thing warranty covered me on all that!
Old Oct 26, 2010, 10:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AyoJon!
So the over the pass week i've had some issues with the evo. I found out i had a rip in my cv boot and it would make a ticking/knocking noise when moving slow while also turning. Next couple days i find out my transfer case is leaking tranny fluid, so i brought it to the dealership and they covered it all under warranty, new transfer case and cv axle after waiting several days without the car. Good thing warranty covered me on all that!
Nice! not cheap either.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 05:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
are you modded?
Old Oct 27, 2010, 05:44 AM
Evolved Member

Sort of sad when people celebrate Mitsu covering a warranty job!
Old Oct 27, 2010, 06:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by abazaba410
are you modded?
yea that
Old Oct 27, 2010, 06:25 AM

It doesn't matter if he's modded or not, if the mods didn't cause the malfunction they have to repair it. They have on prove that the aftermarket part caused the malfunction if it is that he's modded. You guys have to do some research and you will see that there is a law that states it to protect the vehicle owner.

If it was that easy to void a warranty then no vehicle would have any type of protection plan.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mightybee
It doesn't matter if he's modded or not, if the mods didn't cause the malfunction they have to repair it. They have on prove that the aftermarket part caused the malfunction if it is that he's modded. You guys have to do some research and you will see that there is a law that states it to protect the vehicle owner.

If it was that easy to void a warranty then no vehicle would have any type of protection plan.
yet the dealerships are much more likely to know that you won't spend the thousands on a lawyer to get the thousands in repairs done, so they tell you to f off anyway, and deny all warranty work on any modded car. They can also come up with some pretty interesting stories about how an air intake can cause excess wear to X, which can cause Y, and thus the tcase is leaking. Sneaky bastards
Old Oct 27, 2010, 07:55 AM

yes i am modded but only basic bolt ons and another dealership wouldn't look into or fix my cv axle, they were trying to say that my exhaust was rattling and somehow my hid's which they called "leds" was making the problem also, dealerships suck but just gotta find the right one haha
Old Oct 27, 2010, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chkmgnt59
yet the dealerships are much more likely to know that you won't spend the thousands on a lawyer to get the thousands in repairs done, so they tell you to f off anyway, and deny all warranty work on any modded car. They can also come up with some pretty interesting stories about how an air intake can cause excess wear to X, which can cause Y, and thus the tcase is leaking. Sneaky bastards
agreed. while yes they are suppose to cover it if you mod did not cause it, it hasnt stopped them before for saying well you have this so we wont cover that. lol research has proven this time and time again
Old Oct 29, 2010, 07:54 PM

Having this issue with my car now (transfer case leaking). The mitsu rep. told me they were not going to cover it under warranty because my car was modded. He said main mod. that voided the warranty was the base flash I got from AMS. I had to get a third party arbitrator involved. Going to arbitration next month, hopefully it comes out in my favor.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 05:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by EC'sEvoX
Having this issue with my car now (transfer case leaking). The mitsu rep. told me they were not going to cover it under warranty because my car was modded. He said main mod. that voided the warranty was the base flash I got from AMS. I had to get a third party arbitrator involved. Going to arbitration next month, hopefully it comes out in my favor.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 08:42 AM
Rnm
Evolved Member

Although it's always nice to hear about warranty claims, many aren't so lucky. Sorry for being offtopic but your name looks familiar...do you have xbox live and tekken 6 by any chance? I couldve sworn I faced a Lili player under that name lol.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

ive had that noise since 1k miles and they claim they cant find the issue
Old Oct 31, 2010, 08:10 PM
OBP

Originally Posted by chkmgnt59
Yeah its funny how they find X + Y to the Z power = F U
Old Oct 31, 2010, 09:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by OBP
Yeah its funny how they find X + Y to the Z power = F U
+1 so true

Quick Reply: warranty covered!