Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Exhaust With Deep Tone.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2013, 02:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exhaust With Deep Tone.

Does anyone know of an exhaust that sounds similar to this one?

(you need a subwoofer to hear how deep this thing is)

I'm in love with this exhaust but I can't justify spending four thousand on it.

I want something DEEP with no rasp, but haven't been able to find any. I've looked up quite a few videos but just haven't seen aything that sounds like the akrapovic.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 08:45 AM

Check out CP-E, greddy evo 3, ultimate racing (what I personally have and it's very deep, gurgly and close zero drone at highway speeds). The akraprovic exhaust is unique though since its full titanium. Also check out ark design supposedly engineered specifically for sound.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

Top Speed Pro-1? I actually have one sitting in the other room that I just purchased and haven't had the time to install yet. I too didn't want to spend a ton of money on some piping.

Old Sep 14, 2013, 02:58 PM

I love that exhaust too but the price not so much. The ets or ultimate racing exhaust with a resonator in the mid pipe would give you a similar sound. Depending on how you set them up with optional resonators or muffles will get you deep sounds with little to no drone.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

IMO I think the Titek Titanium sounds deeper then the Akrapovic. I ended up buying the Titek after comparing it to the Akrapovic.

Old Sep 15, 2013, 12:25 AM

Wow. The titek sounds good too. I'll look into this one. Thanks!
Old Sep 20, 2013, 05:05 AM

Or you could look into the Greddy SE. Has a nice deeep tone, no drone while cruising, and half the price of that Titek.

This video is mine with a catless test pipe. Don't mind my buddies commentary, he drives a sentra.

Old Sep 20, 2013, 06:07 AM

I have a HKS Hi-Power dual muffler tip cat back, with a AMS widemouth downpipe and test pipe and it's very deep. It's stays at a nice tone all the way through the rpm's. I don't really have any drone either. Whether it's 30mph or 70mph.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 07:29 AM
Evolving Member

Is the ultimate exhaust louder than Invidia Q300?
Old Sep 20, 2013, 08:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Perrin is pretty deep and not overly loud.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 08:09 AM

im selling my q300 i had it for almost a month. pm me thanks
Old Sep 20, 2013, 11:54 PM
Evolving Member

the top speed pro 1 is ridiculously loud. I ended up replacing the axle back portion.

Posted from Evolutionm.net App for Android
Old Sep 21, 2013, 12:39 AM

I've been kind of debating whether or not to even get any sort of exhaust/muffler system for my Evo. The way it sounds now is just menacing and to me it's almost perfect. Moving along in traffic at low RPM, or just idling it has a great aggressive deep tone to it. The only thing it lacks is the louder more aggressive tone when you open up the throttle and go ***** to the wall like what these types of systems are giving. With the stock exhaust you really can't hear anything over the engine.

The only thing that's holding me back is I've seen people with 4 cylinders slap exhaust systems on their cars and they end up sounding either like a pissed off weed-eater, an old man gargling water, or just some really crappy raspy noise. I nicknamed them FartMaker 5000s, and that's what I call them when I see some Cavalier drive by and rev his engine at me like he even stands a snowballs chance in hell at even seeing my tail lights if I want to entertain him and waste the gas of putting my foot to the floor. I wish I had either a bumper sticker or a decal on the back glass that just says "You're not even worth the gas." And that's really the only thing that has me scared of putting an aftermarket exhaust on. The only difference is these 4 cylinders weren't Evos.

If I could keep that really low, aggressive growl at low RPM/idle and gain a loud roar at WOT that lets people know your car isn't some 4-door family saloon, I'd be all for it, but I don't know what company to go with, what type to go with, etc. But like I said, imports are still rather new to me. I've owned a standard Lancer since 2010, just got me Evo this month, and the rest of my life has been American Muscle, but after finding Mitsubishi years ago I'll never go back. But just from my experience I've seen a lot of people put exhaust systems on 4 bangers and they sound like complete and utter crap, almost to the point of being embarrassing, and like I said before, they weren't Evos, but that thought is still drilled into my head of the "what if" after hearing a lot of 4 cylinder exhaust systems.

Last edited by Stonewall; Sep 21, 2013 at 12:48 AM.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 01:06 AM

MXP exhaust is pretty deep, thats the reason I went with it. Turns heads everytime I start her up.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 02:22 AM

Do you have any sound bits of it or anything? I know when it comes to Evos there's about a million different ways to go about doing what you want to do to your car, and every time I've put an exhaust system on a car I've owned it's been an extensive process of me going around and checking out every single one and looking at not only tones throughout the RPM band, but also performance gains. I've looked on their website but all they show for their Evo X exhaust is a picture and not much else.

Only thing I know to do is call them here in a few hours when they open and talk to them about it, but since they're on the West Coast it'll be a little bit.

Last edited by Stonewall; Sep 21, 2013 at 03:36 AM.

Quick Reply: Exhaust With Deep Tone.