Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Engine Noise

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2017, 05:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine Noise

Morning,

Sorry if this is a redundant question that keeps getting asked in advance. Im really new to the whole car thing. Grew up on motorcycles. Anywho.

I looked through the forums so I didn't have to ask and sound stupid but had no luck. I got an engine noise seems to be coming from the injectors but I wanted to verify with the experts here since all the dealers tell me its normal.

If the car is in neutral and I rev itll make a ticking noise for the first initial second and go away even if im slightly pressing on the gas pedal. Issue is when I am in gear and driving the noise gets faster and louder. Back in neutral while car is rolling and its gone. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated since the noise is annoying and drives me nuts in drive thrus.

2008 Evo X - 37k miles
Cobb Exhaust
CC Stage 2 Clutch

Thanks,

Seth
Old Feb 28, 2017, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by SpeedingTicket
Morning,

Sorry if this is a redundant question that keeps getting asked in advance. Im really new to the whole car thing. Grew up on motorcycles. Anywho.

I looked through the forums so I didn't have to ask and sound stupid but had no luck. I got an engine noise seems to be coming from the injectors but I wanted to verify with the experts here since all the dealers tell me its normal.

If the car is in neutral and I rev itll make a ticking noise for the first initial second and go away even if im slightly pressing on the gas pedal. Issue is when I am in gear and driving the noise gets faster and louder. Back in neutral while car is rolling and its gone. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated since the noise is annoying and drives me nuts in drive thrus.

2008 Evo X - 37k miles
Cobb Exhaust
CC Stage 2 Clutch

Thanks,

Seth

Any chance you can get a video or audio clip up? I'd say injectors but they usually aren't loud enough to be heard while driving the car. They are RPM dependent though so they would get faster when you press the pedal. If you have an automotive store around I'd pick up a mechanics stethoscope, they're incredibly cheap, and it'll help you pinpoint the source.