Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

The one thing I didn't miss when I sold my last Evo...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2008, 06:44 PM
UFO
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had some guy in a white GTS try to race me. In his mind he probably won as I tootled along at low RPMs. I'd almost bet that he's posting on some message board somewhere about how he smoked a white X.
Old Mar 5, 2008, 09:19 PM

Good reads here, lol on Mr Bonus story. That guy is probably just a hater wanting to "get slapped" by an X.
Old Mar 5, 2008, 09:32 PM
Evolving Member

Why do you guys hate it so much?

I find it completely flattering and take it as a compliment. Ricers stare at my evo all day long.

Oh and I love how evo owners dont think there car is rice.
Old Mar 5, 2008, 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
More females look at my X then they did at the VIII. All I had looking at my VIII was pre-pubescent high school boys. I think the X appeals to woman more! WOOT!
Old Mar 5, 2008, 10:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i'm i the only one with an evo that doesn't get harassed

...i kinda feel left out lol
Old Mar 5, 2008, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PDXEvo
More females look at my X then they did at the VIII. All I had looking at my VIII was pre-pubescent high school boys. I think the X appeals to woman more! WOOT!
make no mistake. the evo is primarily a dude magnet. you'll pull dudes all day in an evo, whether you want to or not.

Originally Posted by TougeGod7
i'm i the only one with an evo that doesn't get harassed

...i kinda feel left out lol
i noticed that people in general have stopped messing with me since i left the shoe polish numbers on the windows of my car from a couple of track days back. i think street "racing" is for the gheys anyways so i'm really happy that i can drive without someone trying to publicly measure his e-pnis/ credit card debt/ otherwise tempt me into doing something stupid.
Old Mar 5, 2008, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kb30
man that's funny. i wish a cop would have seen that happen hahaha.
I remember owning a nice silver new beetle turbo s and one time i was out late after work at a intersection and a street sweeper pulled up beside me. i got harassed by the guy and when the light turned green he floored it.... i went by him driving briskly and you could hear the engine straining as he was reallly stepping on it. that was funny as hell to me.
Don't know about the rest of you, but this is the funniest thing I've read in awhile.
Old Mar 5, 2008, 10:51 PM
Evolved Member

doughnuts?1?!

Tray/E-brake slides lol
Old Mar 5, 2008, 11:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
you'll pull dudes all day in an evo, whether you want to or not.
LOL

I have a 94 3000gt VR4 that I am going to paint and fix up, and people go nuts around it. Idiots try to race (its my new beater dd too, so I really dont want to), women love it, kids stare. It's old, it looks from 1994, (still nice) I almost feel embarassed when I pull up next to something real nasty in it. But everyone loves it. The evo, well, nobody could give a crap. I think it is because there are so many modified Evo-look-a-likes in the area that everyone would just assume my car is full of teenagers heading to the latest F&F film. Even most (clearly racing modified) Subarus tend to just ignore me, I suppose that keeps me out of trouble. I think the X here will be the same way, there are alot of GTS's in the area, I even saw a metal-flake orange one at the dealership with red 19's in the back and 18's in the front and all of the tacky add-ons you would imagine. (200 lb subwoofer enclosure anyone?). It was new from the dealer too, (local thing?) It's no wonder.

Last edited by Jameson_IXMR; Mar 5, 2008 at 11:19 PM.
Old Mar 5, 2008, 11:14 PM

I have had everyone from Evo VIII to IX to STI want to stop to chat with me in my X. Most wanted to race me, including the McDonalds guy "waiting for his '65 Mustang". What folks don't realize is that I didn't buy this car to drag race. It's a great, comfortable car that can haul a$$ in a straight line, but go even better through some obstacles. The interior is way better than previous models and the performance is better than I could get with more expensive cars. It is simply the best Evo ever for my needs. Compliments to Mitsubishi for realizing that catering to my kind of buyer will win them the respect that previous Evos couldn't.
Old Mar 5, 2008, 11:32 PM
Evolved Member

Its constantly whenever I go somewhere somone revs, or does a fly-by. It's like c'mon I'm just going to work man.
Old Mar 5, 2008, 11:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
^yup.
I hate it when some d**khead is in an exit lane and jumps out of it just to speed up next to me and start vtec'ing trying to get my attention, then turn around after a while of me ignoring them.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 02:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Welzy
I have had everyone from Evo VIII to IX to STI want to stop to chat with me in my X. Most wanted to race me, including the McDonalds guy "waiting for his '65 Mustang". What folks don't realize is that I didn't buy this car to drag race. It's a great, comfortable car that can haul a$$ in a straight line, but go even better through some obstacles. The interior is way better than previous models and the performance is better than I could get with more expensive cars. It is simply the best Evo ever for my needs. Compliments to Mitsubishi for realizing that catering to my kind of buyer will win them the respect that previous Evos couldn't.
great post... I said the same thing:.. The new is a great car... Not just a tool for speed
Old Mar 6, 2008, 02:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CleverUserName
make no mistake. the evo is primarily a dude magnet. you'll pull dudes all day in an evo, whether you want to or not.

i noticed that people in general have stopped messing with me since i left the shoe polish numbers on the windows of my car from a couple of track days back. i think street "racing" is for the gheys anyways so i'm really happy that i can drive without someone trying to publicly measure his e-pnis/ credit card debt/ otherwise tempt me into doing something stupid.
agreed on the street racing 100%
Old Mar 6, 2008, 03:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Welzy
I've had a lot of people chat me up about the car in parking lots or stop lights, not all trying to race, which is fine. I've also received a lot of thumbs up or people yelling "nice car!" which is pretty cool too.

It amazes me that this car receives 5 times as much attention as my Porsche.

Quick Reply: The one thing I didn't miss when I sold my last Evo...