Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

AYC OIL Change

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2009, 06:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Gunzo,

Thanks for your advice.. I appreciate it. Yes, he took out the ayc fluid completely, and bleeding it is just in case..

Originally Posted by gunzo
sigh .. here we go again .. 7 years and nothing changed rotfl

ATF fluid is the same .. but not used together and not used for the same reason ..
doesn't matter which evo you have .. the ACD/AYC is the SAME ..

Then your mechanic should know that AYC pump doesn't need flushing .. or fluid change unless you take out your ENTIRE transmission and AYC unit ..

You have 2 differential oils to change and 1 ATF fluid at the rear .. that ATF fluid at the rear diff is your AYC CLUTCHPACK bath .. changing that ATF doesn't require you to BLEED the system ..

at your mechanic with many followers ..
I'll give you the same advice I gave ablaze .. the oldman mechanic with no sports car in his garage can probably do a better job than the flashy garages nowadays ..
Old Mar 1, 2009, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

the reservoir in the trunk of my car is below the minimum (see picture below, red line is where im at) service manager at my dealership said its normal when its cold, yeah i figured that, but now that the weather is getting warmer i noticed im still at the same point. suggestions? just add more? am i ok to hold off until its warmer?

click to make bigger
AYC OIL Change-2123.jpg

oh and im near chicago, it was a cold winter!!
Old Mar 1, 2009, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sweetapple4u
Hi Gunzo,

Thanks for your advice.. I appreciate it. Yes, he took out the ayc fluid completely, and bleeding it is just in case..
Dude .. I re read my post .. I apologise ..
If you're like me .. every 6 months you reply the same deal to newbies .. you'd get tired .. guess its time to stop replying and let it go ..

Check out my post on lancerregister regarding this probably .. oh 5 years ago ..
That's the place to check for these sort of things .. USDM don't get ACD/AYC until the X ..

Oh yes .. the jab at those workshops ?? they still stay ..

Have a good week !!
I'm having an extremely nice week
2 different Evos to drive around in .. what could be better
Old Mar 1, 2009, 06:12 PM

Hi Bro,

I have read thru some ealier posts, in winter condition like canada, they have AYC pump recall for MIt EVOX. You might wanna check with your dealer...

I am assuming your SPIII oil is below min mark (reservior) in the m orning before your start your car. I would suggest you top up the oil to max and monitor the situation... check for any leak below...

Also, I mentioned ealier in my post, when you start your engine, the AYC pump activated and draw some oil in the reservior, this is only temporary, when your car is warmed up... the AYC oil will revert to max mark...

Dennis

Originally Posted by John83
the reservoir in the trunk of my car is below the minimum (see picture below, red line is where im at) service manager at my dealership said its normal when its cold, yeah i figured that, but now that the weather is getting warmer i noticed im still at the same point. suggestions? just add more? am i ok to hold off until its warmer?

click to make bigger
Attachment 130258

oh and im near chicago, it was a cold winter!!
Old Mar 1, 2009, 06:17 PM
Evolving Member

To properly test the fluid level, the MUT-III has to be hooked up. There is an activation test to check the level. Every EVO that I have seen filled to the "Full" mark overflows the reservoir when checked with the scantool.

Why would the AYC/ACD activation fluid need to be changed unless you had contamination?
Old Mar 1, 2009, 06:18 PM

No worries bro, I am learning this car everyday.. I am just a little paranoid over little things sometime... I am stubborn also.. IS good to know so many experts around the world loving this car..

Bro, Nice to hear you have 2 EVOs to drive around!! Last week, I was driving a quite heavily modded evo 8 mr... 420PS on wheels.. After driving that car... and driving back my own EVOX, it feels like a family car!!!!

Originally Posted by gunzo
Dude .. I re read my post .. I apologise ..
If you're like me .. every 6 months you reply the same deal to newbies .. you'd get tired .. guess its time to stop replying and let it go ..

Check out my post on lancerregister regarding this probably .. oh 5 years ago ..
That's the place to check for these sort of things .. USDM don't get ACD/AYC until the X ..

Oh yes .. the jab at those workshops ?? they still stay ..

Have a good week !!
I'm having an extremely nice week
2 different Evos to drive around in .. what could be better
Old Aug 13, 2010, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

how many miles to change AYC oil?
Old Nov 15, 2010, 11:00 AM

does someone know how much fluid does a complete ayc/acd oil takes??? i am changing my clutch and wanted to change the atf as well. my car has 33750 miles on the clock. thanks
Old Nov 15, 2010, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by juanpdu
does someone know how much fluid does a complete ayc/acd oil takes??? i am changing my clutch and wanted to change the atf as well. my car has 33750 miles on the clock. thanks
Manual Transmission, W5M6A 5-SPD..........5.3 pints (A)
Differential, Torq Mechanism Rear..........1.1 pints (C)
Differential, AYC Dif. Mechan Rear..........1.1 pints (B)
Transfer Case, ..........2 pints (B)

or, in other words, you need:

A: (3) quarts AMSOil Manual Transmission & Transaxle Gear Lube 75W-90 "MTG"
B: (2) quarts AMSOil Severe Gear 75W-90 "SVG"
C: (1) quart AMSOil Synthetic Multi-Vehicle Automatic Transmission Fluid "ATF"

and in case this was not clear... you do NOT need to do any sort of bleeding for any of these fluids. (I would love to see someone bleed the torque transfer on the rear diff since the fill is on the side...)
Old Nov 17, 2010, 12:54 PM

thanks. so i don`t change all the pump and reservior fluid sp3? anly the ayc at the rear dif. cause i don`t find how to change the acd with a fill plug and a drain plug. i am installing a new clutch and wanted to flush all the atf sp3 fluid from difs and pumps and reservior
Old Dec 8, 2010, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

Actually I would recommend to bleed the AYC fluid using Mitsu MUT III tool since it can overide the system and activate the pump to bleed the air out. The issue doing it manually is air still trap in the system. If there is air in the system you will see higher fluctuation on the fluid at the reservoir Max and Min line. I have my AYC pump changed once on my Evo 7 due to 3 light ON and MUT tool error code point to faulty pump. Previously all bleeding was done the manual way and I did see the fluctuation on reservoir. After replaced the AYC pump and properly bleed using MUT tool at the dealer, the fluctuation is minimal on the reservoir.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 11:50 PM

A problem that I saw last week which was slightly different than what was mentioned, on a JDM Evo IX, the level was low in the resorvoir in the trunk, a little less than shown here.

This was noticed due to some loud humming or grinding noice in the car, we could not reach a verdict on wether the noice was coming from the front or the rear, but we sensed that the rear was most probablt. After checking the reservoir in the trunk, and topped it off with Mitsu ATF SP-III and a drive around the block, then the fluid dropped as if we did not top it off in the first place.

No leak was spotted, and the resorvoir was topped off again and then the final level of the fluid was maintained between the min/max lines. Still the ennoying thing is that the fluid will drop to the lower part of the resorvoir (way lower than the min mark) when the car is driven around the block and when idle for about 5 minutes or so the fluid's level goes up to the min mark. Also tried to drive it hard (1st through 3rd gear) then stop and check, the level goes down and goes back up after being idle for a bit.

The intensity of the humming noise increases when the car is being driven for a while and it tones down when the car is driven less.
Any ideas?

The dealership is quite distant and our last resort is to
Old Jan 3, 2011, 08:37 PM
Evolving Member

if you get in the car and turn the key to II and hold down the throttle the pump will continue to pump.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 05:19 AM
Evolving Member

Anyone that has AYC fluid fluctuate beyond the max and min range should bring it back to dealer that knows how to bleed the system.
After I have my AYC pump replaced and properly bleed with MUT tool, the oil always stay and only fluctuate within max and min.
Previously I had my AYC fluid changed at some local shop (without the MUT tool) and the fluid fluctuate so much. I suspect the air in the system that caused my pump to go. Cavitiation in the system.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 05:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
no track use , dont touch it. Absolutely unnecessary. When the regular maintanenece said you need to change it then let the dealer do it with they OEM fluid and tools .

Rob

Quick Reply: AYC OIL Change