Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Mixed part turboback combinations

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2009, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Mixed part turboback combinations

I was wondering if you bought the blitz exhaust could you create a turboback exhaust using the ams hi flow cat and the ets o2 eliminator/dp? Ams has a hi flow cat, since i don't want to go single I ruled out their exhaust, but don't have a o2/dp combo released yet. Ets has a dual exhaust w/ a o2/dp but don't have a hi flow cat. I'm ruling out the Ets exhaust until i get some information on how much the v2 version weights. so if anyone wants to chime in on some information about that that would be appreciated.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 09:42 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jayevo23
I was wondering if you bought the blitz exhaust could you create a turboback exhaust using the ams hi flow cat and the ets o2 eliminator/dp? Ams has a hi flow cat, since i don't want to go single I ruled out their exhaust, but don't have a o2/dp combo released yet. Ets has a dual exhaust w/ a o2/dp but don't have a hi flow cat. I'm ruling out the Ets exhaust until i get some information on how much the v2 version weights. so if anyone wants to chime in on some information about that that would be appreciated.
Those parts should all be compatible. Just call the vendors.
Old Mar 4, 2009, 10:16 PM
Evolving Member

as long as the part your buying installs in place of a factory piece they all should fit together, theoretically...
Old Mar 5, 2009, 12:21 AM
Evolved Member

my tbe is a mutt, half hks, half ur lol. . . .
Old Mar 5, 2009, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jayevo23
Why would you rule out the ETS v2 on weight? That's rediculous!!!

Even if the exact weight isn't mentioned anywhere, you already know it is less than stock. Does it matter if it is 2-3 lbs more than Blitz exhaust?

What exactly is 2 lbs going to do for you? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! Your car weighs 3,500 lbs!!!
Old Mar 5, 2009, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
i shouldn't have said that its ruled out but its at the bottom of my consideration set. never said that it was a bad exhaust at all as i heard they make quality products.