Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Is the following normal? windows?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2010, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Is the following normal? windows?

i have the windows on my mr all blacked out with 3m tint paper, now i have noticed that the windows but on the outside have like swirl marks as i they were scratched and the tint black paper makes them more noticable is this normal guys?
how do you fix this? i tried sanding them with sandpaper number 2000 with water but it seemed to worsen the swirl marks,do you guys on your cars have this swirl marks and does anybody know how i can take them away i also tried 3m rubbing it did nothing.
thanks
Old Jan 2, 2010, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not really understanding what you are saying. It would help if you could form proper sentences.

I see that you have "3m tint paper."

What does "now i have noticed that the windows but on the outside have like swirl marks as i they were scratched and the tint black paper makes them more noticable is this normal guys?" mean?

Is the tint on the inside or outside? Also, if it is on the inside, which it hopefully is, did you first install a moleskin? If not, dirt is collecting and then causing the scratches when you roll the windows up and down.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by aftershock141
I'm not really understanding what you are saying. It would help if you could form proper sentences.

I see that you have "3m tint paper."

What does "now i have noticed that the windows but on the outside have like swirl marks as i they were scratched and the tint black paper makes them more noticable is this normal guys?" mean?

Is the tint on the inside or outside? Also, if it is on the inside, which it hopefully is, did you first install a moleskin? If not, dirt is collecting and then causing the scratches when you roll the windows up and down.
let me try to explain myself better

first of the tint is on the inside of the windows

the scratches are on the outside of the windows i didnt notice them before tinting the inside of my windows now that the windows are tinted i can easily see like swirl marks or scrathes on the outside of the windows.

what product would be good to polish windows?
Old Jan 2, 2010, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

they look like this pic this aint my car but its similar to the scratches on the windows of mine just that i dont feel mine at all

Old Jan 3, 2010, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

That is my ride above. Couldn't feel most of the scratches either. Damage came from the body shop trying to polish the glass with a dirty pad. I tried to polish it with this, http://www.eastwood.com/glass-polish...scratches.html but didn't have good results. Got it fixed by replacing all of my glass.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OZ_2435
That is my ride above. Couldn't feel most of the scratches either. Damage came from the body shop trying to polish the glass with a dirty pad. I tried to polish it with this, http://www.eastwood.com/glass-polish...scratches.html but didn't have good results. Got it fixed by replacing all of my glass.
wow how much did you spend on changing all your windows?

mines are less then yours i used your picture just so that people got an idea of what the problem was..
i bought something similar i will try it to see if it gets better.
thanks
Old Jan 3, 2010, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Before you go replacing all the windows, I would look into an experienced detailer who more then likely will be able to remove those scratches for you.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evodreamer28
Before you go replacing all the windows, I would look into an experienced detailer who more then likely will be able to remove those scratches for you.
well the ones i tried only offer to use white rubbing compound which they say it will remove them i will see this tomorrow.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

The side windows are cheap, its the front and back that you have to worry about, over 400 a piece I believe. The bodyshop that jacked them up paid for the replacement. Took almost a year for them to do it, but I have new windows now. If they didn't pay for them I probably wouldn't have replaced them, probably would've went the detailer route.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 04:20 PM
Account Disabled

hum looks like scratch s