Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

undercarriage picture?

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2010, 08:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
undercarriage picture?

anyone have a pic that shows the entire undercarriage in oem form? specifically interested in the front. my engine splash shield got ripped off and dealer wants $140. i can get it shipped for $100 from the states...i'm in Canada

just want to make sure i'm getting the correct piece. dealer hoisted my car up and showed me the damage, but i forgot to take a pic of it

Thanks in advance.
Old May 12, 2010, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

This might help you....i was missing the front splashshield....someone else posted a pic for me

here's the thread
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...undertray.html
Old May 12, 2010, 05:02 PM

Leave it off! lol Makes it easier to not have to keep removing it every time you change the oil, IMO!
Old May 12, 2010, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What about aerodynamics? And having crap splash up into the engine bay?
Old May 13, 2010, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Philly, Germany, Japan, UK...South Dakota (Da Sticks).......
^^ That's the exact reason why it should be kept on the car....
Old May 13, 2010, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

You don't have to take the front piece of the undertray off to do an oil change anyhow...it's a smaller piece in the back part of the undertray that comes off for the oil change. The aero is the real benefit of it without having all that air going up there. There are 3 seperate pieces that comprise the front section of the undertray and I believe it's 2 that make up the 2nd section of the undertray (the part under the drivers seat roughly) The dealer only sells that 2nd section as a whole though you cannot buy the seperate pieces. I had my front section off for a bit when I did my FMIC swap but it's on the car again and should remain there.

Lastly...be careful removing those little pop clips...they are expensive if you break a lot of them like $3-4 a piece and there's about 50 holding the undertray on
Old May 13, 2010, 12:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kristokes
Leave it off! lol Makes it easier to not have to keep removing it every time you change the oil, IMO!
wait, you have to remove it to change oil? i remember someone posting a a diy where it looks like the shiled is still on. in that case, i just got my oil changed at the dealer the weekend before i ran over the muffler that i thought ripped off my shield.

so it could've been that the tech could have forgotten to put it back on after the change and it was just a crappy coincidence that i ran over the muffler and thinking it's been ripped off?

damn
Old May 13, 2010, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vassili
wait, you have to remove it to change oil? i remember someone posting a a diy where it looks like the shiled is still on. in that case, i just got my oil changed at the dealer the weekend before i ran over the muffler that i thought ripped off my shield.

so it could've been that the tech could have forgotten to put it back on after the change and it was just a crappy coincidence that i ran over the muffler and thinking it's been ripped off?

damn
For oil changes, you only remove a small piece that is maybe 5 inches by 15 inches. It is held on by about 10 bolts. If you are missing a larger section, then that's the actual undertray, not the removable part they would touch for oil changes.
Old May 13, 2010, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LaXGSR
For oil changes, you only remove a small piece that is maybe 5 inches by 15 inches. It is held on by about 10 bolts. If you are missing a larger section, then that's the actual undertray, not the removable part they would touch for oil changes.
i'm missing the middle pc. the square-ish one in between the 2 wedge shaped pcs at the front. I think they break off into 3 pcs.
Old May 13, 2010, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

anyone know if this is the correct replacement part for the front? they say it fits the evos but the pic doesn't quite match up.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...EPM310104.html
Old May 13, 2010, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

i'm missing the middle pc. the square-ish one in between the 2 wedge shaped pcs at the front. I think they break off into 3 pcs.
Yeah they wouldn't take that off for oil changes. Contact RussellM on here from mitsubishiparts.net. Usually have good prices and will get you the right part number.
Old May 13, 2010, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

this isn't covered under warranty?
Old May 13, 2010, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

anyone know if this is the correct replacement part for the front? they say it fits the evos but the pic doesn't quite match up.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...EPM310104.html
link doesn't work.
Old May 13, 2010, 02:11 PM
Plat Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Undertray Diagrams
http://www.mitsubishiparts.net/catalog/?section=610
Old May 14, 2010, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Methodical4u
this isn't covered under warranty?
"wear and tear" i had the same thing happen on mine