Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

HELLLPPP!!! OBDII codes P0403 and P090

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2011, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELLLPPP!!! OBDII codes P0403 and P090

Howdy all!!! Ok so I'm in dire need of some help. I got my 08 GSR X a few months ago and hardly drive it, and it came with a few bolt-ons. So I'll be driving and the "service engine soon" light will come on and go off. Well recently, it just stays on. I've been to several different places with different answers... your gas cap, check the cel eliminator (car has no cat) and make sure it's tight etc. So I take it to Mitsubishi dealership today and they tell me some bull like it's not the gas cap, something to do with the MAF but don't worry about it it's fine. There is a BRAND new MAF on the car so I know that's some bull. Someone suggested it could be a purge solenoid? I'm at a loss. Dealership says well you have some pretty heavy mods (just bolt-ons??) and the car shouldn't be street legal... It's because of the mods that you have the CEL. That's bull because previous owner never had problems. It would only happen occasionally but now it's just on. It's been reset and it'll just come back on. PLLLEAAAASSSEEE help!!! Mods sorry if I posted this in the wrong area.

Last edited by GUnited; Aug 2, 2011 at 10:15 AM.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

well i can tell you that Evo X especially the 08 models had issues with the fuel pump wiring or something like that, do some searching and i am sure you will find some info. The EGR issue, my friend had it on his Evo 8 and now he is going to either replace it or just delete it.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

oh btw whatever the dealers told you its nothing but lies..none of these have to do with the EVAP system such as purge valve or your gas cap. If you had a gas cap leak it would not be any of these codes i can guarantee you that.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 03:19 PM

May be a tune problem. I have read that if the DTC's were disabled incorrectly it does this. If so I am sure someone here can help you out. Also did you try resetting your ECU by disconnecting the battery and holding down your brake pedal for 30 seconds or so and reconnecting. Try it, it may work.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 09:28 AM

Thanks for the responses! I'm definitely going to look into all of that. Gonna reset my ECU sometime today and see if that helps too. Fuel pump wiring? I'll have to look that up. Thanks fellas!!!
Old Aug 1, 2011, 08:38 PM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by GUnited
Thanks for the responses! I'm definitely going to look into all of that. Gonna reset my ECU sometime today and see if that helps too. Fuel pump wiring? I'll have to look that up. Thanks fellas!!!
it's actually a relay update, and it was to prevent burnout of the relay under heavy loads
Old Aug 2, 2011, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by ikt
it's actually a relay update, and it was to prevent burnout of the relay under heavy loads
what's a relay update? the p0403 or p090? how would I fix that? thanks man
Old Aug 2, 2011, 08:37 AM
ikt
Evolved Member

I bet the original owner had a Cobb Accessport, and when he sold the car, he unmarried it and sold it.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 09:43 AM
ikt
Evolved Member

I'm guessing hose from intake manifold to fuel pressure regulator popped off.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 11:15 AM

^^^ thanks man gonna check this out asap when I get home
Old Aug 2, 2011, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by ikt
I'm guessing hose from intake manifold to fuel pressure regulator popped off.

Does anyone know where to find the EGR on the X? I checked the above ^^^ and it was on there and actually had clamps on it
Old Aug 4, 2011, 02:52 AM

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!!!!! mine doesn't stay on for more then a few hours! After I turn off my car for about 4-5 hours it goes away....but then it comes on Hella randomly!?!? I have the codes somewhere and when I called Mitsubishi they said it'd b like a $1600 fix!! I said EFFF that n hung up hahaha
Old Aug 4, 2011, 04:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^$1600??? that really sucks.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by YoitsEVOSAL
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!!!!! mine doesn't stay on for more then a few hours! After I turn off my car for about 4-5 hours it goes away....but then it comes on Hella randomly!?!? I have the codes somewhere and when I called Mitsubishi they said it'd b like a $1600 fix!! I said EFFF that n hung up hahaha
Lol I took mine to the dealer and they said it was fine but the code would probably come back on because I was "modded" lol. Our cars don't have a external EGR from my understanding, I've checked everything else. Haven't had a chance to reset ecu, I'm gonna do that and go get a tune see if that works
Old Aug 6, 2011, 05:53 PM

ok so update fellas, disconnected the battery and mashed brake. SES gone!!! Drove around for a bit, SES BACK on !@#$. Re-disconnected battery and it's off again. Next thing on the list is to go to the tuner

Quick Reply: HELLLPPP!!! OBDII codes P0403 and P090