Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

APR Wind Splitter. Anyone install this?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2011, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
APR Wind Splitter. Anyone install this?

I've had this sitting in the garage for a while now. I was going to pay a shop to install this, but after I did my fmic and L + U pipe install I feel I can handle this job or at least try. Has anyone installed this on their car? If so can you point out any hiccup areas you ran into / things that'll make this job easier. Thanks.

Product in question is

http://www.aprperformance.com/index....d=79&Itemid=44

IMG's are directly from aprperformance

Old Nov 8, 2011, 07:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had this on my VIII, pretty straight forward. Took the bumper completely off to do it. Take your time and you'll do fine.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 09:29 PM
Evolving Member

Just drill through the existing holes on the bottom of the bumper right? The supplied bolts, washers and nuts go through there correct? Did you rod it up too?
Old Nov 8, 2011, 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

I haven't installed it myself. but Still a +1 from me. I'm having it installed along with eveerything else. I'm a huge fan of this splitter.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

I think I'll do this next week possibly do a write up since there is a lot of interest on this and very few how to's.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 12:45 AM
Evolving Member

Titan Motorsports may have bolted it on for me. but I thought I'd showcase another car color with it installed. This girl is getting tuned today!

Name:  splitter.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  114.3 KB

Last edited by h4ckluserr; Nov 11, 2011 at 12:47 AM.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

looks great but what if you get tired of the look? Not crazy about drilling holes in the bumper.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 09:53 AM
Former Sponsor

We have installed several of these on the X.

The splitter does come with pre-drilled holes, however we haven't had one splitter that lined up perfectly with the factory bumper. We ended up re-drilling the splitter to line up with the bumper.

The front bumper will need to be removed. Also, the undertray will need to be removed also.

Hope that sorta helps.

Very straight forward install.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

It's true that they had to drill in to the bumper. Should i change my mind later there will be two holes.

I asked Titan about this and they said the install went great. Everything went right on for them.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Ok, you need to be thinking about what you want the splitter to do before you install. If it is for show then there awesome good how-tos out there or a number of shops can help you with the install. If you are heading to the track and the splitter is part of your aero dynamic package then you need to be more sensitive to the install, angle, strength, and mounting. I race with and am sponsored by APR Performance, and think they have great products, but we've learned that to make them really perform on the track as a device to create downforce, you need to take some time and find a race shop to help you get the install right. So, do some thinking about what you want. For ours, EFI Logics fabricated a custom solution with rails and a gurney flap in back, adjustible rods (along with the APR rods) and Alumalite backing to make a system we can adjust for different tracks strong enough to stand on. Does it create downforce that improves braking and turn in? You bet it does. Just a thought.
Old Nov 12, 2011, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

^^ Agreed
Old Oct 9, 2013, 07:01 PM

I've been thinking about getting the voltex front lip and having the apr splitter as well. Does anyone know if this combo works together?
Old Oct 10, 2013, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnr352
If you are heading to the track and the splitter is part of your aero dynamic package then you need to be more sensitive to the install, angle, strength, and mounting.
I not only agree, but wish to add that a splitter that is angled up from back to nose could easily be worse than nothing. If the car also lacks sufficient pitch-resistance, the amount of front lift that a poorly installed splitter could cause under power is considerable and you could end up with the corner-exit understeer of a DSM or Scooby.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 08:24 PM

That's looks decent, you should check out the other lips so you won't have to put holes in your front bumper
Old Oct 13, 2013, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Evolution8You
That's looks decent, you should check out the other lips so you won't have to put holes in your front bumper
Um. If a splitter doesn't need a brace, then it isn't a functional splitter. Let's stay focused on function in this sub-forum, please.

Quick Reply: APR Wind Splitter. Anyone install this?