Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Is it even possible i can trade-in this at dealership? rust/dent damage

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2013, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it even possible i can trade-in this at dealership? rust/dent damage

Recently accidentally damaged my lancer 09. Was wondering the best affordable way to fix this...

Auto body shop said they have to replace the whole side cover..... and would costs intotal like 1.5g-3g's i tried loooking online for parts. but they only sell like rear bumpers, trunks, front bumper. That kinda stuff.

I wished this dent/rust damage was on my bumper then it would be more easy to replace/fix. but this dent/rust is right above the rear light and its almost like half-inch deep dent.

So i was wondering whats the best way to fix this or even clean it up to look atleast DECENT without breaking the bank goin 1000's++ into this.

I was thinking in the future i would like to sell this car.... but im assuming only through privately. because i doubt a dealership would accept this as trade-in or anything.
would dealerships accept my car?
****experienced car salesmen advice woud be much appreciated!****

Last edited by STang8; Mar 16, 2013 at 05:27 PM. Reason: trade in
Old Mar 17, 2013, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
I'm pretty sure they will take it as a trade no problem. Just don't expect to get as much for it as you would if it was is prefect shape, since they have to repair it before they sell it. They will def factor that in when they give you a trade in appraisal.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Shoot that's a minor scuff compared to some cars I've seen come in on trade before. They'll take it but like the op above said you'll get less for it.