Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X Build finally finishing up

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2013, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo X Build finally finishing up

Hi Guys,

It's been quite a while since I have posted anything. Truth is I set out to build an insane X 4 years ago. There were quite a few bumps along the way including an old turbo sponsor having the car for 17 months and messing up the motor. After another year of the car being broken down and rebuilt again we are finally ready to take it to the Dyno and see what its going to do. I am on my way with it to Duluth Minnesota for the week at a corporate Amsoil event if any members are in the area. Here is a performance break down:

ETS Turbo Kit with the Precision Turbo PT6766
JE Pistons asymmetrical piston 20 over with custom wrist pins
Kelford 278 Cams and springs
Ferrea Race Valves 1mm larger and Guides
Manly Turbo Tuff I Beam Rods
ACL Bearings
1/2" Head Studs
Ported and Polished Head
Injector Dynamics 2000cc injectors
Fuel Labs Adjustable pressure regulator
AMS larger fuel rail
Twin Walbro Fuel Pumps (400 in tank and 255 external)
Okada Projects Plasma Coils
HKS Plugs
4" Intake with Amsoil 9" Cone
AEM Series 2 Stand alone engine management
AEM Boost controller
AEM Methanol Kit
Nitrous Express Direct Port Nitrous Kit

Plans for tuning will be:
Map 1 93 pump
Map 2 93 plus Methanol
Map 3 E85

The exterior Wrap is provided by Metrorestyling.com and is their Urban Digital Night Camo. It masks over and shows some of the carbon fiber provided by Seibon. Seibon's parts include: Front lip molded, Hood, Wider Fenders, Side skirts, Trunk, Wing and Rear Diffuser. The interior trim was done with the same camo in a smaller pattern alone with custom Black and Gray suede accents. I hope you guys like it.

The build can be followed here https://www.facebook.com/ExtremeEvoX
Attached Thumbnails Evo X Build finally finishing up-front-small.jpg   Evo X Build finally finishing up-front-side-small.jpg   Evo X Build finally finishing up-front-quarter.jpg   Evo X Build finally finishing up-rear-quarter-small.jpg   Evo X Build finally finishing up-engine-small.jpg  

Old Jul 15, 2013, 08:05 PM

Beast! Nice work and glad you stuck with it. Looking forward to the numbers.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 08:25 PM

stock sleves?? wont hold the power pte 6766 will make
aem?? why?stock ecu is superior I guess its just preference
Old Jul 15, 2013, 09:17 PM

Wow thing looks sick wana see some numbers!
Old Jul 16, 2013, 04:22 AM

I was running the stock computer on the first setup with the PT6765 and AMS did the tuning. With that much done to the computer it couldn't be dialed in enough. They recommended switching to stand alone to gain full control. The guys at ETS were running AEM. I contacted AEM and they were interested in becoming a part of this build. As far as the sleeves go I will be pushing this car to uncharted territory. We are looking to go after the world record with it. After a long talk with ETS it would appear the sleeved cars are having the issues with dissimilar metals starting to vibrate and loosening up. No one knows for sure what the stock block limitations are. I am thinking we will either make a ton of power or we will find the limitations for everyone else. ETS is already mid 800s on a stock block. Wish me luck.

Last edited by ExtremeEvo; Jul 16, 2013 at 07:20 AM.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 04:50 AM

Cant wait to see some numbers from this BEAST
Old Jul 16, 2013, 05:07 AM

Here are a few more pics of the car as well. The first post limited me to 5. I will get a couple more interior pics when I get the car off of the trailer. We are at the Amsoil Arena in Duluth MN if anyone is near by.
Attached Thumbnails Evo X Build finally finishing up-front-top.jpg   Evo X Build finally finishing up-rear-small.jpg   Evo X Build finally finishing up-interior-small.jpg  
Old Jul 16, 2013, 08:26 AM

Car looks very serious. That's a shame it was down for 17 months due to a shop/sponsor

I'm sure your just excited to get it I the road and be able to drive it.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 11:26 AM

Looks great up close!
Old Jul 16, 2013, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

Um.... stock sleeves... curious to see where it vents the block.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by ExtremeEvo
I was running the stock computer on the first setup with the PT6765 and AMS did the tuning. With that much done to the computer it couldn't be dialed in enough. They recommended switching to stand alone to gain full control. The guys at ETS were running AEM. I contacted AEM and they were interested in becoming a part of this build. As far as the sleeves go I will be pushing this car to uncharted territory. We are looking to go after the world record with it. After a long talk with ETS it would appear the sleeved cars are having the issues with dissimilar metals starting to vibrate and loosening up. No one knows for sure what the stock block limitations are. I am thinking we will either make a ton of power or we will find the limitations for everyone else. ETS is already mid 800s on a stock block. Wish me luck.
3dx evo x that made 900+ whp is on stock ecu no problems dialing in....I would spend money else where instead aftermarket ecu
Old Jul 16, 2013, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by wisniaPl
3dx evo x that made 900+ whp is on stock ecu no problems dialing in....I would spend money else where instead aftermarket ecu
3DX was also on a dyno that was made in China. Not convincing!
Old Jul 16, 2013, 08:06 PM

Re

Looks great I'm very interested in what it puts out you running stock crank?
Old Jul 17, 2013, 04:22 AM

Currently Yes. That is the only stock part in the motor. Based off of the 9's you could go well over 1000 HP with them. It sucks to be going for uncharted territory lol. But then again...no risk, no reward right.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 08:04 PM

Here are a few interior shots with the custom Urban Digital Camo from metrorestyling.com, the 6 Nexus gauges from Autometer, the AEM stand alone EMS, and the custom gray suede accents. Hope you guys like it.
Attached Thumbnails Evo X Build finally finishing up-interior-1-small.jpg   Evo X Build finally finishing up-interior-2-small.jpg   Evo X Build finally finishing up-interior-3-small.jpg  

Quick Reply: Evo X Build finally finishing up