Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Help: Build for Evo X. Feedback please?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2013, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help: Build for Evo X. Feedback please?

Hey guys, so I'm going to be getting my Evo X soon and I plan to fix it up as soon as it's in my drive way. I've come up with some set up options for it just to start off. I was aiming for a 10 grand budget including the Dyno tune, but if I have to I would go over that

Here's what I got:

Turbo Kit

-Garret GTX3076R (0.94 A/R) - 788550-8 (Garrett Evo X Performance Kit)

-AMS Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X 900XP Billet V-Band Turbo Kit -Ordering with cold air intake extension

Intercooler

-AGP FMIC and Hardpipes Package - EVO X

-AMS FMIC +LWIP w/ BOV +UIP

Clutch

-Stage 3 - Exedy Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Twin Metallic Clutch Kit

Chip

-Unichip Q+

??Turbo-Timer??--Should I get one?

Exhaust

-Buschur Racing Evo X 3" SS Dual Catback Exhaust w/ Bullet Muffler

Am I missing anything crucial?

Any feedback or suggestions on what I should do?, anything would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mario A.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 12:47 AM

Are you planning to build the engine cause... That seems like a lot of power for stock internals.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 06:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mar__io
Hey guys, so I'm going to be getting my Evo X soon and I plan to fix it up as soon as it's in my drive way. I've come up with some set up options for it just to start off. I was aiming for a 10 grand budget including the Dyno tune, but if I have to I would go over that

Here's what I got:

Turbo Kit

-AMS Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X 900XP Billet V-Band Turbo Kit -Ordering with cold air intake extension

Intercooler

Clutch

Chip

-Unichip Q+

Exhaust

Any feedback or suggestions on what I should do?, anything would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mario A.
Why are you getting two turbos? AMS kit comes with a turbo. You'll want the AMS 750XP kit as the smaller turbo is more suited for your stock block.

Do NOT get that chip. You can't just chip an Evo. Get a Cobb Access port and a pro tune from someone that specializes in Evos.

You will need a minimum of 1000cc injectors. Look into the ID1000.

If you change clutch, you will need an upgraded Clutch Master Cylinder kit or you risk being stranded on the road when it blows.

You will need a 3 port boost solenoid to take full advantage of the parts.

Your stock cat will limit your power. Get a high flow cat or test pipe.

Turbo timer is not necessaary
Old Aug 27, 2013, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

[B]Intercooler

You don't need two intercoolers and piping packages, just pick one.

A 3-port boost controller and high flow cat/ test pipe will both provide some solid gains. You should also get an intake as well.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMS Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X 900XP Billet V-Band Turbo Kit -Ordering with cold air intake extension - 5300 with CAI and recirculated BOV

AMS intercooler - 750

AMS LICP (UICP comes with the 900xp kit) - 350

Stage 3 Exedy clutch - 2000

Buschur Exhaust - 850

Test Pipe/High flow cat - 200/400

3port EBCS - 100

Installation for everything - at least 2500

That's 9550 without dyno/tune if you install yourself, and 12050+ if you have it done professionally. And you're probably missing the most important part -- tires to handle this power! Good 245/40/18's will be a grand, and more if you go wider.

The tune will run you another 500 give or take.

Expect to go over your budget...

Last edited by tkromer; Aug 27, 2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

I would assume OP is asking for opinions on the 2 listed options for both the turbo kit and IC kit. Not both.....
Old Aug 27, 2013, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by r34p3rex
Why are you getting two turbos? AMS kit comes with a turbo. You'll want the AMS 750XP kit as the smaller turbo is more suited for your stock block.

Do NOT get that chip. You can't just chip an Evo. Get a Cobb Access port and a pro tune from someone that specializes in Evos.

You will need a minimum of 1000cc injectors. Look into the ID1000.

If you change clutch, you will need an upgraded Clutch Master Cylinder kit or you risk being stranded on the road when it blows.

You will need a 3 port boost solenoid to take full advantage of the parts.

Your stock cat will limit your power. Get a high flow cat or test pipe.

Turbo timer is not necessaary
I was looking into which one I should get, but I think you made a very good point on getting the 750XP kit, so I'm probably going to go with that.
Yeah I wasn't too sure how that tuning went along, if I needed a chip or not, I'll just be getting the Cobb access port.
Will the 1000cc injectors still be needed for the 750XP? (Confused if that was for the two turbos)
For the 3 port solenoid I looked into the GM 3 port, seen some good feedback on other threads
Probably will go with the AMS Hight Flow Cat

Thanks a lot man
Old Aug 27, 2013, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

I was looking into which one I should get, but I think you made a very good point on getting the 750XP kit, so I'm probably going to go with that.
Yeah I wasn't too sure how that tuning went along, if I needed a chip or not, I'll just be getting the Cobb access port.
Will the 1000cc injectors still be needed for the 750XP? (Confused if that was for the two turbos)
For the 3 port solenoid I looked into the GM 3 port, seen some good feedback on other threads
Probably will go with the AMS Hight Flow Cat

Thanks a lot man
Yes you will still need 1000cc injectors to fully take advantage of the turbo kit. You should also upgrade your fuel pump. A DW65c would work but I'd recommend a 320lph pump or better for future proofing. Examples of this would be the DW300 and Aeromotive 340
Old Aug 27, 2013, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by r34p3rex
Yes you will still need 1000cc injectors to fully take advantage of the turbo kit. You should also upgrade your fuel pump. A DW65c would work but I'd recommend a 320lph pump or better for future proofing. Examples of this would be the DW300 and Aeromotive 340
I'll most likely go with the Aeromotive 340

Thanks again, you've helped alot
Old Aug 27, 2013, 09:55 PM

So are we disregarding any work that should be done with the Internals? Is the evo X motor that much stronger than I think?
Old Aug 28, 2013, 05:58 AM
Evolving Member

Its all in the tune. Just keep the torque within reasonable limits (no more than 400tq dynojet)
Old Aug 29, 2013, 04:01 PM
Evolving Member

Here's what I got:

Turbo Kit

Intercooler

Clutch

Chip

-Unichip Q+

Exhaust

Thanks,

Mario A.
I'm going to tell you how to do this a good amount cheaper then ten grand.Ebay sells a complete intercooler intake and pipe kit 395 bucks my boy showed it to me and I'm sold its a3 1/2 inch.I'd go with a map EF3 this turbo would be more than enough power for you that 1600 through map performance.Fuel pump 200 max 1000cc injectors you may want bigger if your going e85 450/500 ish turbo back exaust should be less than a 1000
Exedy is a good choice 1600.1000 for tuning/dyno + labor you should get out for less 10000 even if you don't do the Work yourself.Goodluck.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

Just throwing this out there but a kinauguwa 25g is 950 and capable of over 500 whp billet wheel if you really want to do this on a budget pm I could get you to 500 whp for way less than 10000 hell you will have money left over for wheels and xmas presents lol.Oh turbo timer is a waste of money.
Old Aug 30, 2013, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by surferjeff
I'm going to tell you how to do this a good amount cheaper then ten grand.Ebay sells a complete intercooler intake and pipe kit 395 bucks my boy showed it to me and I'm sold its a3 1/2 inch.I'd go with a map EF3 this turbo would be more than enough power for you that 1600 through map performance.Fuel pump 200 max 1000cc injectors you may want bigger if your going e85 450/500 ish turbo back exaust should be less than a 1000
Exedy is a good choice 1600.1000 for tuning/dyno + labor you should get out for less 10000 even if you don't do the Work yourself.Goodluck.
That sounds awesome, what's the intercooler kit called?
How big should I go on the fuel injectors?
And yeah I plan on installing most of the parts
Old Aug 30, 2013, 08:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your parts list should something like this, don't go with ebay crap, go with quality parts.

ETS 3.5 intercooler 400-450$
ETS Intak, ETS UICP, 400$ more/less depends where you get it from.
Exhaust, with HFC or TP, - $ = depends on brand
FIC 1100 injectors with pnp adapters 450-500$
Fuel Pump 150-200$ with install kit
MAP EF3 & MAP downpipe = 2000$
Grimspeed 3 port = 90$
AFR, Boost Gauge, and gauge pod = 400-450$???
Dual Map tune 450-500$

I'm sure i'm forgetting something but that setup there will make you very nice power and should be safe depending on who tunes it. Whatever you have left at end, save few more K on top, and buy a new clutch and a built block from MAP. Once the stock one takes a crap, install the new block and the clutch get a RETUNE and you will be golden

Last edited by bphx123; Aug 30, 2013 at 08:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Help: Build for Evo X. Feedback please?