Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Best way to quiet a preexisting CBE?

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2014, 06:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best way to quiet a preexisting CBE?

Hey all. I have a Buschur CBE with the bullet muffler, and 3" pipes. When I purchased it I didn't realize how freakin loud it was. Anyways... I've had my neighbors call the cops on me a few times, and even though it's legal I'm tired of dealing with the BS.

I'm trying to figure out a cost effective way to tone down the sound. Those not familiar with this exhaust it has a single muffler about 2ft from the cat that splits out into dual pipes out the rear.

I'm debating whether I should add a resonator in hopes that it quiets it down enough, or maybe swap out the muffler completely with something that will not be much louder than stock. I do have a HFC, but I'd like to keep that because it's too expensive to go back and buy a stock cat, plus I don't wanna have to spend money for a retune right now.

Any recommendations on a very quiet inline 3" muffler? Or perhaps a good 3" resonator, and a good location to weld it in?
Old May 2, 2014, 06:41 AM

Damn, your neighbors really called the cops?! That's foul! I have straight pipes from the turbo back - no cat no mufflers for about 2 years now and I've never had my ***** broken about it...any muffler shop should be able to help you out by just adding a muffler or resonator and if you've already got the muffler after the high flow cat then I would put it in between that muffler and the rear section...but from what I understand the only real way to shut the car up is a cat...good luck
Old May 2, 2014, 06:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by I NEED BOOST
Damn, your neighbors really called the cops?! That's foul! I have straight pipes from the turbo back - no cat no mufflers for about 2 years now and I've never had my ***** broken about it...any muffler shop should be able to help you out by just adding a muffler or resonator and if you've already got the muffler after the high flow cat then I would put it in between that muffler and the rear section...but from what I understand the only real way to shut the car up is a cat...good luck
Yeah I have some big dbag neighbors that ***** about anything. I guess that's what I get moving to a neighborhood filled with old people lol. I'll ask around at a few muffler shops I deal with and see what they can do. I'll probably take some measurements this weekend of the current muffler, and see what I can use for a universal counterpart. It was a few months ago that I put the CBE on, and from what I remember the muffler section was only a 2ft section that should easily be able to be duplicated with something else aftermarket. There were no custom hangers or anything like that on it, so I'm somewhat in luck I guess.
Old May 2, 2014, 12:46 PM

I was told to get a dynomax turbo muffler welded kind... There affordable and flow 2000cfm and can handle 2000hp
Old May 2, 2014, 01:58 PM

Keep it as is if it's perfectly legal. Let them call the Police as much as they want.